1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Computer crash

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ObZenoGenetic, Jan 4, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObZenoGenetic

ObZenoGenetic Space Hobo

So this evening i had looked forward to some Starbound playing and there i was, playing Starbound for the first time since i got a new motherboard, (which removed all the previous saves). I was there, doin nothin' in particular when "poof" a blue screen appears and a text appear, translated to something like "A problem has been identified. The computer will now restart" or something like that (I can't remember exactly). With a raised eyebrow i watch my computer reboot and a quick moment later it's online again, ready to roll. So I start up Starbound again and play for a while more. Now when i was beaming up to the portal from the Outpost and it repeated again saying "A problem has been identified. The computer will now restart". Now i start to wonder why it would do that again, but I'm not gonna let those thoughts stop me from playing! So 3rd time this happened i was jumping around in the woods when the hateful blue sreen appears again and my computer reboots. Now after that i started starbound to come to forums to report this since i cant play for more than intervals of maybe like 10 minutes or so, before everything shuts down. Now I'm sitting here reporting this bug and will start Starbound once again and probably play a while longer before my computer shuts down again.

RurouniKeroro likes this.
  2. ObZenoGenetic

ObZenoGenetic Space Hobo

I also now discovered that this also remove my bookmarks and puts me on an entire new starsystem so there can be no housebuilding for me

RurouniKeroro likes this.
  3. RurouniKeroro

RurouniKeroro Space Hobo

I had the same thing happen. I'm on Windows 10.

Looked like a blue screen of death. Basically I respawned on my ship, I'm now on the first world, I have all the gear that was one me, but I can't teleport anywhere else including the Outpost. Also, it seems I can't travel anywhere in my ship but it won't offer me the opportunity to upgrade it (fix the thrusters I think?). Oddly enough, it still offers to allow me to redo some of the previous missions and it still offers me upgrades, but it appears my matter manipulator was downgraded as well. I noticed I still have Universe files, does that mean I could possibly re-associate my user with those files to get my bookmarks back? Any help is greatly appreciated. :(

4. Yaktoo

Yaktoo Space Hobo

I have had this exact issue. Playing on a gaming laptop with Nvidia graphics card on Windows 10. It dropped when playing with my kids and wife on a server, it dropped when playing by my self, it dropped on 64bit it dropped on regular. I cannot play, cannot build, cannot share this with my kids who are very interested. This is "demand a refund" level of broken. The game is useless and frustrating with this issue.

Please advise if there is anyone looking into this, I would very much like to play the game.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Windows 10 has a known issue with some Direct X files which the game may call up on occation, thus causing the crash. This is a Windows issue and NOT a Starbound issue. You can try the OpenGL version of the game and see if that works out better for you, otherwise you will have to wait for Microsoft to resolve the issue. Again, this is a Windows issue, NOT Starbound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.