1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Computer crash, followed by game crash on startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DraikNova, May 31, 2017.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Simply put, my computer (windows 8.1) was in sleep mode, I reopened it, everything was blurry, I looked up the solution, which was apparently to go to my control panel's display area and adjust the "Change size of all items" option to 125%. Some things still looked a little small, but apparently there's no way to fix that. Okay, so all of that might be irrelevant to the following problem, but I'm providing them just in case.
    Anyway, I then tried to open steam, which I always do before opening Starbound, to see if there are any interesting mods on the workshop, and it looked slightly strange. I then tried to open Starbound, and it immediately crashed with the following message:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFEA65C4674 (msvcp140.dll) in starbound.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x000000B8795E0FE8.

Nothing in the log file, sadly (it ends at "[17:14:07.522] [Info] Application: initialization..."). I'd be checking shortly if it still crashes at 150% zoom, to confirm whether or not it's connected to the screen size, but this appears to have been a one-time deal, given that it doesn't crash again. On a side note, what is a recurring issue with Starbound's resolution that if it's ever at a resolution other than my screen's recommended resolution, it messes with the size of other windows that are open.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Restart computer and call it a day.