1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Compressor Upgrades [DISCONTINUED] 2.2 - Glad Giraffe

Balanced, lossless pixel storage.

1. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius submitted a new mod:

Compressor Upgrades - Balanced, lossless pixel storage.

Read more about this mod...

2. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

3. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

These are still available for printing via the 3d printer (unless the removal of deprecated code fixed this), making the tiered progression crafting system kind of pointless for them since it's not all that hard to get your hands on the pixels to buy the lossless one. ^^ Is this intended?

That being said, I love this mod...it's one of those mods that really should simply be in vanilla, imo. :D

4. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hmm, I did add "printable : false" to all the compressors in today's update. If they're still printable, then you probably need to test with a new character to see if the problem persists. It's possible existing characters will still have the Compressors Printable even though they shouldn't be anymore.

5. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Ah, I haven't played today...it's just something that I thought of after seeing the mod pop up on the list again. I'll double check in a bit. ^^

6. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

So yeah, I forgot to update my post...but after installing the update it did also disappear from the 3d printer for my existing character upon updating the mod. ^^

Have you thought about leaving in the 3d printability of it, but make it only unlock once you've scanned the compressor into the 3d printer? This way, once people have one, they could print more since they've "gotten to that point" already, anyway. ^^

7. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Yeah, I'd like it to be that way, haven't figured out how though. If I figure it out I'll make an update.

8. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

From what I can see...it might be really simple.

Have you tried making sure to remove the "Printable" line but putting a "Price" on it? Looking at the glitch and outpost items you can print, I don't see the "Printable" line on them...just the price. So...maybe that's how you'd do it? *shrugs*

9. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I think that's how it was in the last update, but they were printable right from the get-go. Though I think there was a thread about this in the modding help forums, I'll try to take a look sometime.

10. GriffinRitchey

GriffinRitchey Orbital Explorer

The new compressors aren't showing up in my research station

11. MikotoS

MikotoS Orbital Explorer

These compressors are craftable in the research station with the latest unstable build, but as soon as you use it, the game immediately crashes to desktop. I like these things. Are they going to be updated for the latest build once it becomes stable?

12. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Hopefully it does get updated to Pleased Giraffe...because I enjoyed this mod as well. I liked how it balanced things out and everything. =D

13. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

14. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

I would like to make a suggestion...

With the inclusion of Upgrade Modules, you can actually simplify the recipe a bit and replace some of the materials with those. Like, maybe...replace the metal bar requirements with increasing numbers of Upgrade Modules. For example...

Mk. 2:
    • Pixel Compressor
    • 2 Upgrade Modules
    • 1000 Pixels
    Mk. 3:
    • Pixel Compressor Mk. 2
    • 5 Upgrade Modules
    • 20 Diamonds
    • 2000 Pixels
    Mk. 4:
    • Pixel Compressor Mk. 3
    • 10 Upgrade Modules
    • 80 Erchius Crystals
    • 5000 Pixels
    Upgrade Modules are a lot harder to find than the ores, so it would likely feel even less cheaty this way. However, you could make it so that the player doesn't learn the recipes for the upgraded Pixel Compressors until they first obtain the type of furnace capable of smelting the ores you used in the previous versions of the recipes. That way, there's still the element of progression requirement. :) Just my two Pixels, though. You're doing a fantastic job with this mod.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  15. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Eh, I wanted to make it so with a bit of work (provided you finished the quest which allows you to buy Erchius Crystals at Infinity Quest afterwards) you could create the Mk. 4 Compressor right from the get-go. If anything, I'd like to make an alternate combined recipe so you don't have to craft Pixel Compressors mk. 1-3 before crafting Mk. 4.

16. Nate McCloud

So, like...the combined ingredients of the Mk.1-4 recipes to make the Mk.4 immediately?

If you decide to use my Upgrade Module suggestion, that would make the recipe for the Mk.4...this:
    • 20 Titanium Panels
    • 20 Gold Bars
    • 17 Upgrade Modules
    • 20 Diamonds
    • 80 Erchius Crystals
    • 8000 Pixels
    Or, did you mean not using Upgrade Modules because they're a bit too hard to come by?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  17. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Yep. Especially if you've already crafted your first Mk. 4 and want to craft another for your base or whatever.

Yeah, that's exactly it. You have to scrounge around for upgrade modules and it would take too much effort and chance to get enough of them to make any upgraded compressors. I think it's balanced the way it is now, you need to have completed Erchius Mining Facility to be able to craft Mk. 4, and by then I don't see why anyone shouldn't be allowed to make the Mk. 4 Compressor. It's not endgame stuff, it's just something essential that you should have to work a bit for.

18. Nate McCloud

I see your point. All right, good thinking. :D

19. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

Well I ran into a problem I can't get Erchius Crystals. Normally you can buy them at the infinity express. When I went there they sell for 0 pixels and the buy button is greyed out. Does anyone else have this problem?

20. Nate McCloud

I'm...not so certain that's caused by this mod.