Compressed Erchius Crystals- The diamond-shaped crystal block

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I noticed that Erchius Crystals (the placeable block) were removed or at least disabled in 1.0. I was a little bummed about that. I used to build all sorts of cool structures like chandeliers and stuff with those. I have an idea to bring them back.

What if you could smelt 5 crystallized erchius in a furnace to get the diamond-shaped placeable block? The crystal fuel provides 2 fuel, so the compressed block would both be placeable and would provide 10 fuel when used as fuel. It would also be a challenge to build a large structure with them, as I would have to make several trips and evade the Spoop Noodle (Erchius Ghost).

2. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The spoop noodle,the best type of noodle

nomad ninga likes this.
  3. Krabbe

Krabbe Pangalactic Porcupine

i feel like 5 crystallised erchius is a bit too expensive for it unless they start to spawn in larger quantities than now

EDIT: But it’s fine if you had to use 5 and you would get something like 20 blocks similar to Heavy Stone Bricks.

4. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But late game you'll have thousands upon thousands of crystals especially if you're like me,only using crystals when the liquid runs out

5. Krabbe

Krabbe Pangalactic Porcupine

But I don’t use fuel and i got a fuel generator

6. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Disabled sadly, the only source of them no longer sells them. I used them for lots of light fixtures on my Midnight colony, and now that I'm doing an underground world-wide city on a moon I need them once again...