Completed Portrait Mods?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Fyn, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Silly question. Does anyone know which portrait mods are complete as of 1.2? I can't seem to find any that are 100% complete, and was curious if there were some. I'm not too keen on the original look of the villagers (though I do like the art style).

I was using Diverse Stardew Valley, but it only has about half the villagers done, and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere anymore.

Then I started using the Anime portraits, but that's still missing Krobus, Dobson, and the Henchman, as well as an update for 1.1 for Maru and Clint.

So I'm curious if anyone knows some that are up to date and complete that are out there? I've searched the forums but I just find incomplete ones.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

This one by DCBurger is complete, if you're looking strictly for human portraits. It has two variants: a straight-up XNB replacer, or hi-resolution portraits that require the use of the Portraiture mod (and any other dependencies it requires).

If you're open to everyone in Stardew Valley being furries, there is also Stardew Anthro Mod that has all of the portraits.

(Also, Dobson isn't used at all in the main game, so... leftover file that CA never took out)

• Fyn

Alas, not a fan of the first one's art style.

I'd use the anthro one because it's actually really well done, but it modifies the cursors.xnb file, which means it's not compatible with https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/599/.

Are those the only 2 you're aware of?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Unfortunately there is a vast outnumbering amount of unfinished portraits versus finished portraits. Most people just don't complete their sets or become disinterested in SDV. I am pretty sure you could count on one hand the amount of portrait mods that have done all the villagers in town.

• Fyn

Dang. Well, if you (or anyone else) think of another completed portrait mod, please let me know.

• El Rey

El Rey Space Hobo

I've been using TExtract (from this Terraria forum), which converts the XNB files to PNG. Then I use the portrait PNGs with Portraiture (from the Nexus).

You just have to change the default location and destination folders in the TExtract tool, because it defaults to (possibly nonexistent) Terraria folder.

• kabibblekitsch

kabibblekitsch Void-Bound Voyager