WIP Community Theater Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jesika, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Jesika

Jesika Poptop Tamer

I'm relatively new to modding and I have a lofty goal to turn the Joja Mart into a Community Theater after it closes. So I need to do a lot of reading, lurking on the forums and I'll be asking questions for sure. Any feedback or help is truly appreciated.

I've attached a picture of the outside. I love how it came together and the stained glass is my favorite. I still wanted to keep the shape intact so it feels like a remodel.

I'm planning on introducing a technician character (a marriage candidate) that moved from the city to be a "big fish in a little pond" and open her own theater. She's incredibly passionate about her career and recognizes the effect of theater & art as preserving culture beyond her time. She instantly becomes friends with Leah and Elliot while utilizing Robin in the remodel.

Heart events will consist of having the player help the technician character remodel the theater & recruiting some of the other villagers to help remodel.

Once the remodel is complete and you've reached 8 hearts with the character you can put on 1 production each season.

The interior on non-production days will show a couple incomplete sets a costume rack with notations for them to read and enjoy. The theater is going to be a "Theater in the Round" since that makes the most sense for the building shape & size of the town.

The productions will trigger similar to town festivals and show up on the town calendar system. Player will enter the theater, ask the technician character if they are ready to start and begin the production. A cut-scene will then "play the show" (a different one for each season) and the player will be transported back to their home once it's complete.

Anywho. This is going to be a comprehensive mod and I am looking forward to learning along the way.

Attached Files:

Digus, HopeWasHere and tinkerbelljln like this.
    • vadie

vadie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This project sounds so interesting! I wish you all the luck in the world as you learn and make your mod. But if you ever have difficulties, the modders in the Stardew Valley Discord are all really helpful and nice people. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help. Good luck, Jesika~!
      https://discord.gg/4BNbxV here's the discord, by the way, if you haven't been there yet!

Jesika likes this.
      • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

This looks super interesting! I'd love to see the progress of this <3 And like vadie said, feel free to come on over to #modding if you haven't already, I promise we don't bite :p

Jesika likes this.
        • mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

This sounds brilliant!

• hoddog

hoddog Void-Bound Voyager

This looks amazing. Please teach me how to do it after you get the hang of it, lol. ;)