Modding Help Common Treaty Organization Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gniolliv, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gniolliv

Gniolliv Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Again, cleaning the whole mod. Now making a more clear Tiered sytem. Also working on weapon Tiers, armors, vehicles, etc.....
    [​IMG]

2. Gniolliv

All done via photoshop. ;) Custom made sprites'n' stuff. It's a concept.

Here is a wip of some weapons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    snakeanarchy likes this.
  3. Gniolliv

Still alive and working close to a beta public release! ;)
    [​IMG]

4. Gniolliv

Thanks! :D Here is something i finally managed to make roll:

Tier 1 MBT.
    [​IMG]

RandomSovietFarmer and Jonesy like this.
  5. Gniolliv

Still alive and working hard! ;) New tiles, new objects, and even a second faction planned! Stay tuned!
    [​IMG]

RandomSovietFarmer likes this.
  6. snakeanarchy

snakeanarchy Phantasmal Quasar

yep, a work in progress, opposing force in the works, and they are BAD! :)

Gniolliv likes this.
  7. Gniolliv

Yup! ;) Some update picts! Showing off a global idea of what we have now.

-More realistic effects! (previous versions were only appearing behind players/npcs)
    [​IMG]

-Full custom Sloped tiles/ Platforms / Props / Wireds/ Turrets/ Doors...
    [​IMG]

-New NPC's (from soldier to combat dog and his kennel), vehicles, also vehicle physics/ weaponry (still W.I.P, learning .lua coding atm.)
    [​IMG]

This mod is strongly Command And Conquer inspired, before any question. But it also has a lot of other inspirations, so stay tuned for more surprises!

8. snakeanarchy

snakeanarchy Phantasmal Quasar

BE WARNED CTO, your time will come! The Faithful will take all you hold and treasure and make it as ash! (evil voice)

So ya, The Faithful, or CTF, for Coalition of the Faithful, is the flip side of the coin to the CTO, sharing basic gear and equipment, as they have a common background, but custom to their specific faction. Where CTO is more greens and brown camo, TF are Dark greys, black, and redish/orange. Fanatics, and bent on the destruction of the CTO at all cost. mid and upper tier gear will eventually be very different from that of CTO. As with the CTO, TF are inspired from the CNC universe.

Gniolliv likes this.
  9. fungusknecht

fungusknecht Poptop Tamer

looks really awesome!

Gniolliv likes this.
  10. AlfTheStalker

AlfTheStalker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To say the least: I'm SO ready for this, my body is prepared, take me! Love to see, that good modders still care about Starbound. <3

snakeanarchy and Gniolliv like this.
  11. ParadoxDraco

ParadoxDraco Void-Bound Voyager

Mod looks awesome, can't wait c:

12. Gniolliv

Hey people! Just to say that we're not dead! :D The mod is now growing up, Passing from CTO and TF separate race mods, we're now making a bigger race/story mode. It is now called "Encounters", and will regroup more than 2 sides. It is a long process, but we will TRY to get a public release BEFORE 2018. ;)

[​IMG]
    (Bases are now powered by generators!)
    [​IMG]
    (Security officers and vehicles for C.T.O! And even scientists/Civies!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Small/Big elevators, which can lift up/down vehicles)
    [​IMG]

Why would you ask? Because we want to make a basic release with at least all the main factions and base stuff, and enought stuf to make a tier 1 Outpost for each faction.

We are still recruiting, if you got coding talents, or wanna help by testing/giving off ideas for more factions, send me or Snakeanarchy a PM, and we'll try to answer quickly! ;)

(PS: Yes, C.T.O is a mix of GDI, Black Mesa/ HL1 and SupCom. With a touch of near future/modern military.)

13. Sayo Harugawa

Sayo Harugawa Subatomic Cosmonaut

GOD DAMN MAN! That so cool! I really like this mod, and two my friends actually too thing about it! I hope, the progress going to very good ending. I already want to try it! Good job, continue in the same spirit.

Gniolliv likes this.
  14. Gniolliv

Thanks!!!! :D And yeah, atm got some real life issues, so progress is slowed down until end of November. But.... Still working on it! ;)
    [​IMG]

15. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hiya Gniolliv! I saw that you registered your material IDs in the Material IDs page in Starbound wiki. During the course of Common Treaty Organization development, however, it seems another mod (Xeno's InvaderZim mod) has taken the same ID slot. Would you mind to maintain the compatibility with other mods by changing the material ID? :) Thanks a lot!

16. Gniolliv

Hi Xaliber, we gonna have some problems, because i have far more than 4 materials done for my mod (20+). Also when i started it in early january, i specially watched and noted on the wiki which mat Id range was avaliable, and this was kinda the first thing i did when starting my mod, for compatibility reasons. It's been written there for months, i've been building a good material range for my mod. So maybe your friend could choose another range for his 4-5 new materials? ;) Or at least regroup them? :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  17. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi Gniolliv, actually I don't know the author personally; so not really my friend. I'm just maintaining the wiki page and informing mod authors to make sure each mods work with each other. :) There's nothing better than having a collection of good mods working alongside each other, right?

Since your mod haven't been released yet, wouldn't it be possible to switch the material IDs (since no one is using it yet)? Of course it's up to you in the end, but it would be lovely if players can use your mod alongside Irken and vice-versa. :D

Gniolliv likes this.
  18. Gniolliv

Woops sorry i thought so! x'D

Yeah sure I understand, ;) but i don't understand why should i change all my mat Id's for only 4-5 unclassed ones.... Anyways i'll try to contact the mod's author.

19. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

I've tried to check the edit history. "Xenomind" is listed as "Robotic" but I'm unable to trace any edits for 2017 and 2016 for a user named "Robotic". Gniolliv is listed as having edited on the 30th of August, 2017.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Gniolliv likes this.
  20. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.