Digital [Comic] Avian Handie C. Rafter's Starbound Adventure

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Tyle, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Some snoob poobs
    upload_2018-1-7_23-6-22.png
    For authentic experience please read out loud in Spongebob's narrator voice

I'm really sorry for tossing a minimum of scrap pics/sketch recently - school work is really busy and the next part is reallllllly long! I hope you guys are patient with me and hopefully it's worth the wait!

2. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

3f8.jpg
    Could you move it along I'm all out of time cards

I kid, you take as long as ya need

Ickura, Jonesy, Waffle-Chan and 2 others like this.
  3. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

It's all good, and trust me, it's always worth it. You're awesome!

Tyle likes this.
  4. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Oh tyle, you're precious on this website. you're like that cinnamon roll meme

The Purple Dragon, Alkanthe and Tyle like this.
  5. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Boy I can't wait till the episode where Tlin double crosses the entire team and steals the ship like a real pirate
    upload_2018-1-20_18-31-8.jpeg

Cooking Lesson 3 is only nearly halfway done, still a long way to go! At this point I'd like to go back to one more Whale Fins page before returning to work on the second half - but a good news is after a very important presentation past next Tuesday I would be able to draw at full speed(at least until mid-February) again!

6. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Ain't that a cute birb, those eyes though, it can freeze someone just by looking at them

7. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

That's a femme fatale if I've ever seen one.

The Purple Dragon and Tyle like this.
  8. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

At least they show emotion

9. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

This comic nearly destroyed my phone while it was loading but it was worth it

10. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

>Tfw Nearly halfway done
    Yes.gif

But really, I get an immense and inexplicable feeling of joy whenever there are alerts for this thread. I don't know exactly what you're doing, but you're doing it right.

kingrec, Jonesy, Kirbecio and 2 others like this.
  11. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Copied and modified from the dA post because I’m too lazy to type it again.

Remember I said I was planning something special for Starbound Adventures? This is that something special.

You see, I need some background characters for my comic strips, and since there’re already a ton of OCs out there, this seems like a good opportunity for YOU to fill in that space for me! I have been planning for this almost since I started drawing the strips and hopefully this is not gonna be the last time I do it.
    Anyway, this is how we do it. You send me details of your kids, and I’ll put them in the background, simple. That being said, don’t consider this a request post – I am doing this out of the interest for Starbound Adventures so please no “dang you tyle this isn’t what I wanted I hate you”. Seriously, don’t do that. Somethings to consider before we move on:

-I have the right to accept, deny and decide characters that I put into my strips.
    -I will only need a set number of characters per strip, so if there’re too many submissions, I may not use your character.
    -On top of that, I’d only need certain character types as well. I’ll specify below.

---
    As for this strip’s needs, I need fish. Hylotls! (I promise I’m not secretly running a fish pie factory.) This time I need ONLY hylotls, so sorry, other races! If this runs smoothly I bet I’ll have the chance to do this again for other races as well.
    Some dos, don’ts and general instructions:

-Hylotls only.
    -Only one character submission per person.
    -You need to include the character’s name, personality, appearance description WITH pictures! This is a must – pixel screenshot will do but this is preferably done with drawn art.
    -Be creative! Let me know what your character does when they’re left alone or idle. Do they look around a lot or tap their foot impatiently? I bet your character exist more than just to ‘look cool’. (of course, the generic ‘just stand around’ works just fine too.)
    -Keep things safe for work. Safe for kids too – consider the general tone of this comic strip.
    -Priority will be given to those who 1)submit early; 2)fill in the details properly; 3)stay active. I don’t really want to draw for anyone who only shows up in a week then disappear into the abyss forever. That said, everyone is welcome! You don’t have to be a watcher or club member or anything, so long as you’re reading this, you’re in!
    -DON’T send me details using reply. PRIVATE MESSAGE ME!
    -When there’s enough of them, I’ll close the submission and make a notification.

I’m accepting through here and dA at the same time, choose a side, yer gonna get the same chance, I promise.

Tl;dr, hurl me some fish so I can stick them in the background. (but don't tl;dr, you need to read instructions.)

12. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

IT IS HERE.
    CL3.png CL3.5.png

As per usual 'request policy', @Crossfang gets a guest spot (in a commercial, no less) since he generously drew me Effi a while back, thanks mate! From my first VFTA we also get Proxie and BK's respective kids from dA - I look forward to working with more OCs next time!
    In particular BK is also working on his own Starbound comics, it's pretty fun! I recommend checking that out :D

This time the strip got so long I had to split it to two manageable halves, turns out they're also perfect halves by length, woo! I hope it's worth the wait.

13. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Hey look at that mom! Hylotl Kakiyoin must be knocking on the door any minute now. and look that handsome fellow on the tv!!
    btw, great work Tyle, you never cease to impress me maam

14. Nibolas O Anelbozas

[​IMG]
    not really

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Tyle, Crossfang, Omicron445 and 2 others like this.
  15. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

When it comes to this thread, the wait is worth it. Every time.

Is that...

Is that a Jojo reference?

16. The Purple Dragon

She looks like an anime main character's mother. She's going to die soon isn't she?
    Great art once again Tyle!

Tyle and Omicron445 like this.
  17. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Holy Sheep! Great work as always! I can see why it took some time to make this!
    The details, the references, the ocean, the characters, the story telling, you put a lot of work on it and we appreciate it.

Can't wait for more.

On the side note, I like what you did on Crossfang's cameo, brilliant! xD
    Also that Bikini Bottom Bus, I love it! So simple yet so good to see it again!

Tyle likes this.
  18. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

dies
    the hylotl shades killed me

The correct term is "Anime dead mom side plait" don't give me any ideas
    On a side note Snowy and his mom have the exact same hair/fin - the only difference being how they wear theirs.

19. The Purple Dragon

Actually now that you've pointed it out I see it.

20. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

TYLE! You Genius mastermind you!

For real though, it's always worth the wait, you do amazing work. Also, dat crossfang.