Come 1.1, Who ya gonna marry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicallyClueless, Sep 12, 2016.

?

If applicable, who are you marrying in your next save?

1. Same spouse as before!

18 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Shane/Emily!

62 vote(s)
    60.8%
  3. One of the other bachelor(ette)s!

19 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. I fly solo!

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Clint thanks to a mod! He's my adorable blacksmith <3

MagicallyClueless likes this.
    • EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

I feel like I may be the odd man out here, but I may go solo when the update drops. I want to experience at least one of the new farm layouts and new content first, before trying to woo anyone new lol. Out of the four saves I previously had been working on, I deleted all but the first save. I haven't touched the game in months, I'm eagerly awaiting the new update and hoping it will spark my interest back in the game.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

...Why can't you marry someone on a new farm layout? o_O

I'm gonna start from scratch on a new save, probably gonna use the wilderness layout, I'm gonna experience all the new stuff as I progress on the save and I'm gonna marry Shane while I do all of this.

• Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A depressed, often drunk and disheveled person who hates their job and life? Of course I'm going for Shane. Put a beard on him and he's basically me.

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shane is a hell no. I'm sorry for him, I'll befriend him, but I am *not* dating him. I much prefer Clint.

I've already married Elliot, Leah, and Penny, and I'm about to marry Abby. I still plan to create a male character to woo Alex and maaaaaybe Harvey. I'm on the fence about Sebastian, have no interest in Sam or Haley (he's way too young, her I just can't stand), and I'll get to Maru one of these days. Maybe on the hilltop farm with all the mines.

I think dating Emily would be a lot of fun. She's sweet and such a free spirit.

• Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd consider Emily just to see what that trippy, dream-sequencey teaser image is all about.

• BlackLilia11

BlackLilia11 Seal Broken

All of the bachelors and bachelorettes are absolutely lovely, so it's hard to choose. But my initial interest was with Shane because of his down to earth and occassional cynic nature. But alas, when I found out I could not woo the character, I entrusted my choice into Elliot, which I have found in time to be somewhat rare? As in, in most cases, he is not the chosen companion, but I chose him because I dig writers and guys with emaculate long hair <3

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

My mom would agree, she picked him. :3

Reddestiny921 and BlackLilia11 like this.
                  • justme2

justme2 Contact!

I think Shane's just misunderstood -- with more cutscenes we'll learn a lot more of his backstory, and maybe he can be a bit redeemed. I'm 2 days away from marrying Sam (the fact he likes pizza and cactus fruit makes him easy to keep happy, and he's so good with Vincent that I think he'll make a good dad). I married Harvey in my first playthrough and he's an awesome spouse. I may romance Emily but I probably won't marry her just because I feel sorry for Clint.

BlackLilia11 likes this.
                    • BaconBaka

BaconBaka Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would probs gonna go for Emily in a new file, on probably a Forest Farm. In fact, in my Maru file, I'm holding out until I see the Shane events and cheer him up before I decide to fork over the Bouquet to my Inventor Waifu. :)

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Same actually, I wasn't a big fan of Shane when I first started, he started to slowly grow on me but I will never date or marry him. Clint on the other hand, I love him to bits. And again I'm happy for mods, none of the bachelors really interest me!

Linus as well, I just want to protect that cinnamon roll. And of course, Willy!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
                        • Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Forest file: probably Emily

Hill-top: Abby

• Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

I would get Maru for the Hilltop farm, since she's a scientist type.
                            Abby would be more for the wilderness farm.

• Larielia

I was planning to marry in Leah in the Wilderness farm.

• Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Leah is good for the Riverland farm IMO.

• Larielia

Fine.

Forest Farm- Leah
                                  Hill- top Farm- Emily
                                  Wilderness Farm- Abigail

• Gracelessdance

Gracelessdance Void-Bound Voyager

Emily, and parrot. <3 Shane will have to wait, I fell in lesbians the moment she had a premonition (the next event sealed the deal no spoilers) about our future together.

Shane feels too much like real life right now, same with a few of the other characters. Emily is like that spacey cute friend- and For this game- In this moment she's who I need <3

I'm gonna have tons of fun playing and wooing her. And then I'm going to mod the ever loven' out of the game so we can live on the rainbow trip farm, and it shall be my happy place lol:nuruflirt: