Come 1.1, Who ya gonna marry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicallyClueless, Sep 12, 2016.

?

If applicable, who are you marrying in your next save?

1. Same spouse as before!

18 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Shane/Emily!

62 vote(s)
    60.8%
  3. One of the other bachelor(ette)s!

19 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. I fly solo!

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I kind of love how everyone wants to put Abby on the Wilderness farm. How perfect for someone who wants to get better at swordsmanship and facing down monsters - no need to go down in the mines when you can have those opportunities right in your back yard. n_~

MrToni300 likes this.
    • Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Actually the number one reason I wanted to use the Wilderness farm and marry her there is because before you marry her she actually mentions that she used to love exploring the wilderness on your farm.

So really, it makes perfect sense. She's not actually cut out to be an adventurer anyway. Gotta love when she gives me bombs, or asks me to bring her back something tasty from the mines. It honestly makes me think that the whole "Abigail eats gems/minerals" meme is actually something CA did intentionally, rather than it be a funny dialog quirk.

• LuthienNightwolf

True, but I wouldn't be so quick to sell her short on becoming a bit more brave with the monsters. We know she's terrified of bats and I assume the other creepy crawlies of the mines - but so was I at first. It just takes a little bit of practice and building up one's skills to becoming confident in defeating enemies. I could see the Wilderness farm being perfectly suited for her *because* of the monsters - she'd sort of be forced to deal with them on a nightly basis and that would push her to overcome her initial fears.
        That being said, everyone will have their own reasons for why they choose a specific farm for a specific character, and it's true she did enjoy the unkempt farm before we came along. I think for that, she'd also be a good character to marry on the Forest map too, as it would still provide her with a bit of the wild to wander through. I would personally choose the Wilderness farm for Abby or Seb because of the combat stuff - for Abby to push her to conquer her fears, and for Seb because I think he already enjoys sneaking into the mines once in a while and taking out his frustrations on the monsters.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

After thinking about it, I am half tempted to remake my old T-800 save and have that be my Shane marriage save.

Which is basically the save I did where I pretended I was a T-800 infiltrator terminator sent back to the past by Joja Corp to alter history by having it so the Jojo Community Operations are a success versus the prime timeline where the farmer ended up shutting down Joja Community Project which caused JojaCorp to never fully incorporate themselves into society properly...so when the robot revolution began it was met with far more resistance than they had wanted. So my T-800 basically went back and now must assume the identity of the farmer but ensure that Joja gets its foothold by spending her time being a farmer in a quaint valley until at long last the glorious uprising begins. In the meantime she must attempt to not raise suspicions of the locals by being a TOTALLY NORMAL HUMAN FARMER YES.

It was pretty much my excuse to go the Joja route without feeling too bad about going the Joja route. But now I'm half tempted to do it again all "Hello human male. I approve of your Joja attire and your dedication to working every day for the Joja empire. I shall now begin courtship rituals like a TOTALLY NORMAL HUMAN FARMER YES. Consume these jalapeno poppers that are a representation of my normal human affections. Once the uprising occurs I shall see to it that you are given T-3000 nanomachines so that you may also live in our glorious robot utopia."

...this is what I do with my life. :rofl:

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

Shane, so much... on my most recent play through, I just had my first Shane cut scene. I think I have been subconsciously ignoring him in this game because cut scene took place in Winter...

I am so excited to see how he progresses in the relationship with the farmer. As is, at 10 hearts, he's a buddy. Really looking forward to seeing it go beyond that.

• Last_Aeon

Last_Aeon Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe we'll get more events with Abby!

• RozanePasteru

RozanePasteru Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shane! ill hatch as much as many chickens for him :p

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

I enjoyed Elliott so much I can't imagine marrying anyone else now. Elliott forever and ever and ever. I'll just watch Shane and Emily's ten heart events on YouTube. I'll rationalise it by making a save for each layout and saying I am checking to see if he has any unique dialogue for each layout.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Everyone deserves a chance, so I will marry Emily

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                    • justme2

justme2 Contact!

So far in my saves I've married Abby, Harvey and Maru; trying to decide who I'm going to marry in my current save (have everyone at full 10 hearts except Alex, and I'm waiting to see his 8 heart event in summer before he gets a bouquet then I'll go for the 10 hearts. May end up marrying him -- either going to be him, Sam or Haley (I'm playing a girl farmer). I'm looking forward to seeing more of Shane's backstory in the 1.1 patch, like how he wound up living with his aunt and what made him start drinking.

I like that in Stardew Valley it's not all sweetness and light -- there's a lot of darkness under the surface. And the more you get to know the villagers the more backstory you learn.

• justme2

justme2 Contact!

Elliott just strikes me as way too high maintenance -- maybe if he wasn't so fond of lobster and duck feathers which are both hard to come by.

• justme2

justme2 Contact!

Poor Clint...always alone... :nurusad:

• LuthienNightwolf

You snooze, you lose. I feel bad for him too but then I get kinda mad at him at the same time because all he does is whine about how hard it is to talk to Emily, but he won't try. She's a super nice girl, he's got no reason to be afraid.

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Well since there's 5 different kinds of farms now I'll make 4 additional characters and marry to the other bachelorettes. :proper:

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I'm probably going with Leah again. I like Shane and Emily but not enough to marry them.

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

He also loves pomegranates. Just plant a tree in your greenhouse and you have a daily guaranteed loved gift. I read stories about spouses staying in bed all day and getting jealous, but this is not my experience with a pomegranate fed Elliott. And yes, trees can still be grown in the greenhouse dirt now the floor glitch was patched.

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                                  • Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

Probably gonna stick with Sebastian as my main squeeze unless CA makes Linus an option.

I was finished with the game and considered Shane/Emily not an entirely overwhelming reason to come back and play but I saw the new starter maps and was sold.

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Bill Cipher is waiting to be able to marry Krobus so I feel your pain. ((That and if I tried to mod anything in I'd probably mess up my game so badly I'd lose everything...x3))

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Dorothea Brooke. I want to get to her before Casaubon does.

• cloudhoney

cloudhoney Master Chief

this is a difficult decision but maybe abigail bc her room is so cute and i just really like her as a character. i might want to marry shane but if he doesn't bore me.