1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Combat Part 1: Shields

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Aviakio, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Do you guys think they will have energy shields?
    You know what I mean
    [​IMG]

2. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

All of the facepalms could not match up to that comment...

3. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

D3rp.

4. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I'd love to see it where some shields have effects when blocked with. Like say some have durability but block all damage, or some use some sort of electricity system which puts up forcefields and blocks certain types of attacks.
    Just an idea :cautious:

5. ghostyTrickster

ghostyTrickster Void-Bound Voyager

Personally I'll probably end up dual-wielding a gun and a sword, but it's great that they're trying to add depth to the melee class.

6. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

I find it easier to imagine you wielding the Warhammer of Zillyhoo.

Starheaven07 likes this.
  7. Chickenlord

Chickenlord Void-Bound Voyager

Hearing that there's no on-touch damage makes this pretty much an instant buy for me really. Sounds like everything's gonna be nice and fluid, and not annoying like many games of a similar vein. I just hope the enemy AI isn't overly block-happy, because hacking at an enemy that never stops blocking can be annoying in games :>

8. Wazupmaster

Wazupmaster Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think I'll find myself using a shield much, to be honest.. but I don't know what two weapons/tools I'll use either..

It's going to take me hours just to choose!

9. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Ah, the beauty of Starbound...

Ponzai and Wazupmaster like this.
  10. Ryss

Ryss Void-Bound Voyager

I know they can be held in either hand, but what's to say that hand will always be conveniently facing the screen? The "hand" part really just corresponds to the button pressed to make things happen. It's entirely possible (though I hope it's not true) that shields will always be on the hand facing the screen.

11. AzyPZero

AzyPZero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the idea of having equipment in the left and right hands. I feel that it will make combat much more interesting over, especially with a sword and shield. The ability to attack and block can really turn the tides of battle over, or even using dual guns, dual swords, etc. Overall it's a great addition to the game. o;

12. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

seems solid :)

Starheaven07 likes this.
  13. nomotog

nomotog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love what I am hearing. Enemies will actually be attacking us rather then just touching us.

I think dual wielding will get the most use when it comes to dual wielding tools. Drill in one hand and chainsaw in the other. :)

Oh on a odd note, has anyone notice how the NPCs butts stick out.

14. Xploding_Cherry

Xploding_Cherry Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now I wonder if you can use shields that cost Battery Power.

Wait... Force Fields!

15. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

Yes it's kinda weird lol

16. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.