1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [COLORBOUND] 2015/2014 1.0.0

[COLORBOUND] adds 635 + 900 new color selection options for PCs and NPCs! MultiplayerFriendly™!

1. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of variety in Hylotl colors especially the belly.
    Would be nice to see some darker tones there.

Also... it seems like some option are slightly deforming the head?

2. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you still have the old version on your PC, could you upload it again?
    For those who prefer the old colors.

I´d really appreciate it

3. Seraphi

Seraphi Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't had that version since... early January? But maybe someone else still has it.

4. Atomisk

Atomisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

do i need to use both the colorbound and colorbound++ tp get all colors or does ++ have -all the colors-

5. Seraphi

You should use both if you want all the colors. They're different.

6. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

This is awesome! :D

Seraphi likes this.
  7. Amarenthae

Amarenthae Space Hobo

I would love to have this mod, unfortunately it is not working...at least for me. Here is the error message I am getting: [​IMG]

8. Seraphi

Yep, that certainly looks like a message. A message that you might get. A message that you might get because of an error, one might say.

However, it doesn't really tell anyone anything other than "hey, the game crashed, bro".

What you need to look at is the starbound.log file in the Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound directory. That will usually tell you what broke, when it broke, and why it broke.

In the meantime, go to your Starbound\mods directory and make sure that the 「COLORBOUND」 folder goes like this: Starbound\mods\[COLORBOUND]\species

And not like this: Starbound\mods\[COLORBOUND]\[COLORBOUND]\species

9. Amarenthae

Amarenthae Space Hobo

:-/ Well I apologize for annoying you...I have only had this game for about three days and I didn't know how I was supposed to properly tell you of my error.

I have 5 log files and all of them are massively long. I guess me trying to look through all of that is really not going to work this time, but at least thanks to you I know how to look for a new one next time I have a problem. I appreciate that.

That already seems to be in order. I noticed while looking through everything though that the AnTihair modinfo said version Furious Koala, and we're on Enraged. I removed the AnTihair folder from my mods folder just to see and then tried booting up the game...no problems. So yeah, it was the AnTihair that was crashing me. Since I already have a bunch of hairstyle mods I just decided to delete anTihair and save myself any trouble of trying to fix it. I really only wanted this mod for the additional colors anyways lol.

But anyways, anyone else having any similar problems to me it is most likely because of AnTihair.

Seraphi likes this.
  10. Seraphi

Ah, sorry. That was the exact opposite of the tone I was going for. I wasn't annoyed; it was more a comment on how unhelpful that crash message is, in a flippant kind of way. (Not a comment about you being unhelpful!) ( ・ω・; )

Text is a difficult medium for tone, huh?

The suggestion I gave was because sometimes people UnRar the archive to a folder, which puts a [COLORBOUND] folder inside a [COLORBOUND] folder, which produces the same result.

I'm glad that you got it fixed, though! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

By the way, if you open up the .modinfo file and change "Furious Koala" to "Enraged Koala", AnTiHair will probably work again.

It's a dumb reason for the game to crash, and Chucklefish are (apparently) going to remove that check in a future update (I thought they had already).

Amarenthae likes this.
  11. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I've looked around a bit, bit it seems you've never elaborated on why [ COLORBOUND ] is not allowed to be used in mod packs... May I ask why?

12. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any plans to separate avian fluff colors?

13. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

I like the look of it, good job

14. Seraphi

I had to go away and think about this question and then come back again. (´・ω・`)

It's been a while since I played Starbound, but - if I recall - the Avian fluff color currently cannot be seperated from the feather color.

That's just how Chucklefish designed it.

If I could have seperated them, I'd have done it right away.

Thank you! (´◠ω◠`)

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  15. SirTuBZ

SirTuBZ Poptop Tamer

"∙ Can you add this modification to a ModPack?
    ◦ No. Absolutely not.

Mod Pack Permissions: Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent."

I'm so confused about this......

16. Seraphi

Then my work here is done. Fwahahahaa. :mwahaha:

I changed my policy recently. I had originally planned on having a three month "grace period" after the final version, and then allow it to be used in compilations...

...and then I forgot about it for another three months after that.

I apparently forgot to change all of the text. I'll go back and fix that. Thanks!

17. HoaxRumors

HoaxRumors Phantasmal Quasar

Come back to the game after ages, go to update my mods, happen to click into this one to see if it's updated, and what do I see but Drumsticks and Tailfeathers in the example sprite at the top.

It's the little things that make you smile, y'know?

18. KazeSkyfox

eh, I like tailfeathers but prefer my avian to look like it has wings so I can imagine them one day re-achieving flight

19. HoaxRumors

HoaxRumors Phantasmal Quasar

I was mostly saying it because I'm the guy that made the Drumsticks part of Drumsticks and Tailfeathers. To each their own, I just get warm fuzzies when I see someone using my mod, even if it's something so small as a few edited pixels.

20. KazeSkyfox

oh, sorry D: It does look nice even if I'd never use it.