1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Colorblind/More colors resource pack

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sykes, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Herro!

So I changed some assets for me and my brothers to help us play, because we're all colorblind and a few of the default color choices were quite frustrating to play with. I made a little resource pack that includes a green (or yellow; can't tell) compass and 7 different cursors to choose from. Red (default), Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta, and Rainbow. Personally, I love the rainbow cursor, and it's visible across all surfaces. Very high contrast. The other cursors you can choose yourself; there's at least one for each type of colorblindness!

Here's a picture.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202484972

And here's the download.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9374488/COLORBLIND_ASSETS.rar

If anyone is colorblind/visually impaired in some manner and would like to suggest something to change, I'd be more than happy to include it. Ultimately the point of this is to A) make the game as visually accessible as possible, and :cool: look really pretty.

Thanks!

jfe2 and ejh1990 like this.
  2. ecophonie

ecophonie Yeah, You!

Hi,

I'm colorblind and I think that change the contrast on the block should be great. Beginning with the ore should be good.

3. oblivion5683

oblivion5683 Big Damn Hero

oh. hey Sykes

4. Sykes

Uh, hey there?

Unfortunately, there are so many ores in the game, it's almost impossible to make a resource pack that makes them more easily visible for any one colorblindness. If you know what kind of colorblindness you have exactly, I can recommend quite a few things to help, though.

In other news, I'm going to add an alternate health bar color, because for most forms of dichromacy, the red health bar blends in with the gray background very easily, so I'll be changing it to a light shade of blue and adding that to the pack.

5. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not colorblind myself; But i'm glad your going above and beyond to help other players in need.

- Keep Up the good work!

Sykes likes this.
  6. kodemunkey

kodemunkey Phantasmal Quasar

I'm red / green colourblind, so thanks for this. Some of the darker rock colours make it hard to see ores.

7. Sykes

I wish I could change that easily, but unfortunately there's no good solution for ores against dirt/stone right now. If I change any color to fix one problem, it would just cause another somewhere else.