Colony Recommendations

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by GriffinO1, Dec 11, 2018.

1. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

F03FBE49-5A7B-4B5A-81D8-6A3E99A8231E.jpeg 9C387D90-4F97-45C6-8F81-ABA2539F6A7A.jpeg I have a few houses in my colony so far, (One isn’t shown but it’s the same as the smaller one shown in the picture.) I don’t want to use the exact same design but I do want to keep it similar enough so that they still look like they would be in the same place. Any suggestions?

Ickura likes this.
  2. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Try making the homes less similar to eachother. Add some balconies, indoor pools, roof gardens and all that nice stuff to one of them. Make the shape of the home more varied, like have the smaller house on the bottom look more like those houses with blue roofs and windows in Greece. Also I suggest making the windows for the 1st house taller on the 1st and 2nd floor. Last thing, try adding large glitch banners for the main rooms, it would probably fill up more of those unused space.

3. GriffinO1

Thank you for the ideas, they will be very helpful. I hadn’t yet finished decorating so those recommendations will be escpecially helpful. Also, I’ve seen some villages spawn with the same building, was I simply mistaken on that fact or do some villages have two or more of the same house? Also, can you give me any visuals on the roof garden and any other things you can find visuals for? If you don’t have any that’s completely fine.
    Also do you have a visual for the Greek houses you were referring to?

(Sorry for all the questions)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  4. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Sorry for the late response, I wasn't watching this thread for some reason. Anyways, villages have different variations of the same houses (some will have more windows than the others). For the garden roofs, I cant give you any visuals since im usually out. But I suggest that adding some plants or any vegetation on the roof or if possible, anywhere would make the houses more alive. As for the greek houses:
    Greek_House.png
    I couldn't find any clear images of it since google was being a drag, so I guess something like this? It looks better anyways. Your second house has white walls and blue roofs so that reminded me of this.

5. GriffinO1

I don’t know how I’ll do it since this is 3D VS 2D, but I’ll make it work. Thank you for the reference!