Colony Distress Calls

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Akogishi, May 28, 2015.

1. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Colony Distress Calls (can receive after you obtain ship upgrade... check out my ship upgrade suggestions... coming soon)
    • Can be a trap set by outlaws
    • Colony needs food (must bring particulars and amount)
    • Colony needs water or healing water (must bring particular amount)
    • Colony needs medical supplies (stimpacks and amount)
    • Colony needs materials
    • Colony needs weapons
    • Colony needs gear (example 12 copper axes)
    • Colony needs armor
    • Colony needs tree type (must plant X amount of X tree type on planet)

octoling, Khym Chanur, Ralek and 9 others like this.
  2. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Well this must be helpful.

3. Akogishi

• Colony needs protection from pirate camp
    • Colony needs protection from a mini boss (one of those really large monsters)

Ralek likes this.
  4. Cyclic

Cyclic Poptop Tamer

+1 for that

5. bugandbug

bugandbug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What about having to craft a distress beacon for the colonists. Like a colony deed but with some extra titanium, not a lot maybe 10 titanium

ClericAngelBob, Ralek and Akogishi like this.
  6. Akogishi

Now with the colony system it would be neat to have your colonies attack or need assistance every so often. Crafting a distress beacon would be a good way to call you back home to protect, collect needed items, etc.

7. bugandbug

bugandbug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah and with the new quests in the nightly something like this will be very handy.

8. Atromixx

Atromixx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This would be pretty cool. I would love some more Erichius style missions where you receive a distress call but when you get there, Its all abandoned.

9. Graham Gygax

Graham Gygax Void-Bound Voyager

This are the kind of quest that should be added,

10. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

Great idea. Being called back to planets to help your your colonies is a great way to keep the game alive and breathing. Maybe even having benefits for helping them; better shop items or unique shop items are possible options. This will give some incentive to go back and not just because it's cool to help the poor colony dudes and gals.

11. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

[​IMG] I'm sorry couldn't help it, i had a huge feeling that some one else would do this, well might as well.
    But it's a really good idea , FTL did distress beacons alot... but fightint bandits/pirates/outlaws sound nice. and i really like helping people out in game alot. I would love to see this as a mod or in 1.0

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  12. Wingidon

Wingidon Phantasmal Quasar

I cannot feel so sure about it. Mostly because I can't help but think of Spore's space stage, where at some point you begin to get spammed every now and then by your allied empires with requests for help against attacks, keeping you from freely exploring space.