1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed colony deed won't work

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Swaggybananaz, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swaggybananaz

Swaggybananaz Void-Bound Voyager

I have been trying to get a new npc in my colony but they won't spawn even tough the room fits all the requirements, can somebody help me with this? i am using a few mods BTW but i don't think they are the isssue i am using: super SBG race mod, vespoid and xbawks

2. chrisfanner

chrisfanner Void-Bound Voyager

Same here, my deed stays on the scanning mode and the server cmd line pumps out

Error: Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code
    2, [string "/objects/colony/colonydeed/colonydeed.lua"]:342: (TenantException)
    Error loading tenant '/tenants/crewadventurerhelper.tenant': (JsonException) No
    such key in Json::get("colonyTagCriteria")

I don't think it has to do with custom races?

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Im not an expert with the whole log thing... but "Colony/TagCriteria" might be pointing out to the possibility that both of you (like me in the past) overlooked something very small while using the deed, could you provide a screen of the place you are using the deed? remember that to be effective you require a room, that means walls, floors, ceiling (dirt doesnt work afaik), it must be closed with at least one door, some furniture like a bed or chair, and specially it must have inner walls (the background), if you forget ONE little square of background while building (this happened a few times to me while trying bigger houses) the deed just wont work, stay on scanning and eventually just show an "X"

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  4. Xlaits

Xlaits Void-Bound Voyager

I, too, am having this issue! I started a colony, and managed to get two npcs to spawn. (Only one, really, since I re-spawned one to get a different tenant.) And now, after several tests, I can't get any NPC's to spawn in! I'll have to check my logs. Like OP, I'm not running any heavy mods, mainly races and xbawks, as well as No Touch Damage, Gardenbot v2, and nudity mod (for CC).

Edit: Ran this on the server. Command Line spit this out...

Code:
    Error: Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/colony/colonydeed/colonydeed.lua"]:342: (TenantException) Error loading tenant '/tenants/nudelamp/chef_apex_nude.tenant': (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("colonyTagCriteria")

[

]
    WHAT custom races do you have installed? /SBG/ and one other one messes SEVERELY with it.

Look for the *.tenant files in your mods, inside the "tenants" folder, there should be ONE race that has crewadventurerhelper.tenant in it.

Edit: Solved my problem by using the server console to find and hunt down the .tenant files in my mods that were messing with my colony deeds. /SBG/ has two tenant files that have awkward criteria for their NPC spawning, which cannot be parsed by the game's preset spawn algorithms. Also, I noticed that anything that has *nude* in it was causing problems, too, asking for a spawn criteria of "nudelamp." Nudelamp IS an item added by some mods, but the game's colony search does not have that in it's json index, so it cannot be used.

Hope that clears things up a little. Not everything I say may be completely true, as some of it is speculation, but please contact the mod developers about this problem!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.