1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonist NPC Occupations

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by VoidPrison, Aug 6, 2016.

1. VoidPrison

VoidPrison Aquatic Astronaut

I can see that occupations for the colonist NPCs have been dabbled in, with things such as the guard and the chef being options for colonists, however I would like to see this system elaborated upon, allow me to explain.

Not only would it be nice to see a wider array of occupations that NPC colonists can fulfill (such as a farmer who collects and stores crops when they are ready to be harvested) just to make their lives seem more dynamic, but also for characters to have workplaces.

What I mean is if I have a guard who lives in a large establishment, that I can have them patrol or protect a place in which I could not have put their Colony Deed, such as the knights at the entrance of a Glitch castle.

This can also apply to other types of NPC, such as the Chef would spend most of their time near their cooking equipment, interacting with that. Perhaps even ship crew members standing around stations that correlate with their job, such as a Tailor to a Spinning Wheel etc.

Just a thought :)

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Hmm... Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing more elaboration on them. Like the Colony mod that once was in the past. Although don't know what happened, and can't seem to find it at the moment.

Regardless of that, this is something that I know I would like. As long as it doesn't get too complex. :nuruhappy: