1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I'd use caution trying to shortcut the ship upgrades. I heard tell of doing that causing odd subtle weirdness later on. I think it would be better to make a mod that has items to enable the AI upgrade options (and possibly remove the upgrade material requirements) so you can step through the tiers "properly".

2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Well, if you want proper progression, then yeah... don't jump tiers. Always spawn every ore first, for they unlock building parts, and craft everything you can at least once... for some recipes are hidden in what you craft, it appears.

The first ship full upgrade is currently available in the nightly anyway, so you should just push to getting that done first.

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

All the ship upgrades are available in the Nightly. Follow the quest guide I posted and you can have your Tier 8 ship.

Edit: Also, the recipe unlock thing isn't really as inter-dependent as the ship upgrades are. I seriously doubt learning recipes in a random order will cause any problems.

SivCorp likes this.
  4. SivCorp

Ah, I missed that guide... added it to the main post. Thanks a bunch Dunto!

5. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

a few updates regarding these:
    • ores no-longer drop if you're in normal mode.
    • you can mine anything with the MM
    • the FTL mission is available now
    • most quest tiers are in place now, i think up to tier 6? or was it 7? (confirmation required on which, please)
    • processor is obtainable through one of the quests

6. SivCorp

Yup, I just updated to the unstable, and am cleaning out the list now....

Thanks!

7. kc01

kc01 Orbital Explorer

Hey i needsome help i can't make any crafting upgrades or starmap upgrades, or even spawn them, i even went to the effort of finding codes and spawing all bosses and thta didnt help :C

8. SivCorp

There are no starmap upgrades... most all of the progression is done from the quest system on the outpost planet.

Dunto likes this.
  9. swiftshadow

swiftshadow Void-Bound Voyager

tried that already but i dindt get any techs

10. kc01

kc01 Orbital Explorer

But what about crafting upgrades other wisse you cant make different tier armour and how to i get into other sectors

11. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

There are no other sectors. What crafting station are you using so far? (List all of them)

12. SivCorp

The durasteel, Agesalt, Rubium and Cerrilium workbenches all become available AFTER you pick up some of their corresponding ores, and after you are upgraded to the appropriate level.

And again, there are NO sectors anymore. It is just ONE universe now, but limited by what tech you can have on your person. (radiation protection from radiation planets, for example).

I think they are tied to quests that you must do at the outpost. I will be testing it more today, and find out.

13. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

what i'm wondering is, how are we gonna access those planets with 2 different suit needs? like radiation and super hot xD
    edit: you get techs to unlock based on what tier of quests you're doing

14. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Each suit has Oxygen Supply, Cold and Heat protection additionally have radiation protection too.

15. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

ah neat. so basically either wear the cold, or the heat protection suit?

16. AlexQuinn13

AlexQuinn13 Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't see any way to take screen shots, maybe I missed a post. But is there a way to now? Used to be F12 for Steam anyways. Typing that just gets rid of the hud.

17. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I don't think steam overlay works with unstable, so you can't take steam screenshots.
    I tested this... cold and heat do not provide radiation protection. Only oxygen protection.
    Luckily, there are no cold/radiation planets.

18. AlexQuinn13

AlexQuinn13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thought as much. Eh oh well thanks.

19. SivCorp

Print screen still works....

20. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Another interesting thing to spawn it pixels.
    /spawnitem money [amount]

Also, doing /spawnitem gutterknife gives the single most overpowered weapon in the game. For me, it deals 45000 damage per hit, but has a swing speed of 0.59 sps. It had the same stats both times I spawned it.
    Gutterknife.png

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    eksynn and SivCorp like this.