1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. XanderIono

XanderIono Void-Bound Voyager

So, if I wanted to make a Mega Man outfit with Seeker's Chestguard and Pants using the coloring for armor, would I be able to have it? It looks like I need Color Index 8 along with some Hex colors because one part of the armor isn't being colored while the other is and vice versa. Do you think I could ever get the predicted outcome, if so, how do I do it?

EDIT: Also yes, I put all available HEX codes into the correct translation for the colors on the armor, yet only the darker part of the actual suit was colored. Weird, right?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Does anyone know how to spawn Soft Bricks? They're the white ones in Avian villages. I tried doing \spawnitem softbrick and then \spawnitem softbricks, but neither worked.

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

If you unpack the assets you can search for the item name shown to you when you pick up the item to find its internal name.

The Squid likes this.
  4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Or just use this site http://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/ (write the name and it will search before you even blink!)

The Squid likes this.
  5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Is there any way to undo an admin command? For example, if I accidentally did /spawnliquid water 4000000 in my house, would there be any way to reverse it?

6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

You're either looking for (/spawnitem fadedblocks) or (/spawnitem homewalls1).

7. Dunto

Dunto Guest

There's no such thing as an "undo" command in the game. You'll have to handle it the same way you would if someone dumped it from their inventory. You can whip up a mod to remove liquid around your character, restore from a backup, or spawn several drains and place them everywhere until the water is gone (or drain it another way). The drains are actually fairly effective, and unless your house was extremely (several screens) large and was sealed up, it's likely you didn't actually end up with as much liquid as you attempted to spawn. I've filled up and then drained a max-level ship using drains every few spaces on the lowest level, it goes fairly fast as long as your computer/server can keep up with the liquid calculations.

The Squid likes this.
  8. Solaeis

Solaeis Void-Bound Voyager

What is the ENTIRE list of gun types specifically for this command? I've searched and I'm tired of looking. It's like no one even wants to know. Anyone? Ty

9. XanderIono

XanderIono Void-Bound Voyager

Think of the gun type, like machine pistol, rifle, etc. then put common, uncommon, rare or legendary in front.
    E.g.: /spawngun 10 legendarymachinepistol

10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Just a heads up, most of the /spawnnpc commands don't work anymore.

SivCorp likes this.
  11. Babzilla

Babzilla Void-Bound Voyager

How do you spawn specific weapons like a Floran Mace or a Mushroom Sword? I've tried a few combos with the /spawnitem command, but I only got Generic Items. I'd like to it have a poison effect if possible.
    Btw, I'm playing on Unstable.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

/spawnsword 1 1 mushroomsword
    /spawnsword 1 1 floranmace

Babzilla likes this.
  13. Babzilla

Babzilla Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you!!

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  14. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm no longer able to spawn legendary guns, anyone else having this problem? Did they change the prefix?

15. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

forget legendary. i cant spawn ANY guns. i tried 100s of times with different versions of same command
    /spawngun
    /spawngun legendary
    /spawngun rare
    /spawngun rare rifle
    /spawngun rarerifle
    /spawngunlegendary
    etc....
    and it just keeps saying "could not parse gun parameters"[DOUBLEPOST=1432268908][/DOUBLEPOST]never mind. i found out i needed to number it

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    The Squid likes this.
  16. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Most of the NPCs work great for me. I made a full list of NPCs and monsters here:
    http://starbounder.org/Spawn_NPC_Command
    http://starbounder.org/Spawn_Monster_Command

Remember you can search the item names at the site linked above your post: http://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/
    (typing "mace" brings up floranmace as the top answer)

Yea you were just missing the level number, it isn't an optional parameter.

I have put the majority of this list and several other commands on the wiki for people to use or check as needed. Which has started linking to the more in-depth pages as I make them, like the npc and monster ones. Still working on adding the more complicated JSON parameters; those will likely also go on new pages for each command.

http://starbounder.org/Commands

Babzilla and 1nfinitezer0 like this.
  17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

How would I find the Player UUID?

18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

It's the name of your player/ship/metadata file for a character.

MysticMalevolence and The Squid like this.
  19. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I mention that on the commands page at the warp command. ;)

The Squid likes this.
  20. jesuspxp

jesuspxp Orbital Explorer

I need an avian moon emblem, whichs the command to get that item?