REQUEST Collaborating on a SV expansion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by NovaStarr, Feb 17, 2017.

1. NovaStarr

NovaStarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello none of you know me and I'd be surprised if you did oDo" I am a concept artist and a writer and have literally no skill in spriting and coding (which is a SHAME because that's pr much the most important part of mods)

I have a big project in mind for a new town called Mushroom Village. I already have a write up and some quick concept sketches and I was wondering exactly... how to ask for help without giving away all my material?

Things I have in mind:

• A new spellcaster roaming around that ultimately opens up the way to the new town
    • An entirely new fantasy town with it's own stores and NPCs(other than location and concept I have nothing cemented in characters so if you have someone feel free to bring them in if you want oDo)
    • Friendship cutscenes and maybe even romance cutscenes for said NPCs
    • A new, smaller dungeon with a ~mystery~ behind it
    • Mayhaps new items/crops/goods?? Very low priority atm tbh
    • literally open to any ideas people want to bring in

Things I need:
    • Coders
    • Spriters/Map makers/Art people in general
    • More ideas!

I want people to come together and bring their own ideas but I do have a foundation so that no one's working blind and I do have professional experience in project management and team cooperation, as well as streamlining organization to make sure everyone's on the same page.

I can also make a discord and an organized google docs folder for conveniences

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Puffjiggly

Puffjiggly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do know alot about the pixel art plus im a hoard of ideas since I'm now able to pack and unpack mods I just don't know how to edit anything but the texture bits!!

That and mushrooms are my weakness I can already come up with four ideas strictly opening the door quickly~ Especially if you wanna add new npcs :3 and new items

edit: Better lists for better readding since i understand

cans ♥
      • Has had 7 years of pixel art Plus is very fermiliar with photoshop and Clip paint sudio (manga studio)
      • That And I have idea's id love to share with this.
      Cannots.
      • coding isn't my strong suit so once it's to the stage literally the only thing I can do for it is test it out to make sure it works.
      • Other cons are Due to my work scedule always changing i can't put 100% on some days to the project. qwq
      +sides, I love the mushroom name and can think of ideas and npcs to work around that~!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
      • NovaStarr

NovaStarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You sound great but can you please rephrase what you're saying you can do? ; D; my reading comprehension isn't great right now

• Puffjiggly

Puffjiggly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There fixed it up made it better i realized my ramble typing wassn't the best in the world lol I got pumped up and I got dyslexic lol

• worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

(I hope it's okay to post on an old thread?)

Since the name is Mushroom Village, is the place situated in the forest maybe? And if mushrooms are important or abundant, the inhabitants might use them in a variety of ways, especially in a fantasy setting. Like, an entire industry that grows, cultivates, and experiments with them. They're used for cooking, of course, but also
            • potion making,
            • medicine,
            • as containers; different mushrooms with different sizes for different uses - airtight and water-permeable, soft and hard, big and small,
            • ligneous ones that can be cut into roof shingles; they grow faster than trees in cultivation, so there's less need to fell down a forest,
            • the same mushrooms can be made into coal,
            • water-filtering fungi / their fruiting bodies,
            • fuel for ovens but also lanterns, or bio-luminescent mushrooms,
            • etc.