Coco Beans/Products!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by StardropPJ, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Needs improvement!

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. StardropPJ

StardropPJ Void-Bound Voyager

I would really want to see Cocoa in Stardew Valley, as it is a pretty good for cooking! I will share my idea on how it could be used in game!

How to use Cocoa:
    1. Buy Coca Tree from Sandy for 7500g.
    2. Plant and wait 28 days.
    3. Harvest Cocoa Pods daily in Spring and Summer. (Each pod sells for 250$)
    4. Put the Cocoa Pods in the Preserve Jar.
    5. Wait 5 days.
    6. Collect Fermented Cocoa Pod
    7. Extract Cocoa Beans from Fermented Cocoa Pod (not sure how yet) (each coco bean sells for 25$, you get 7-15 beans per pod)
    8. Now you got Cocoa Beans!
    [​IMG] This is the Pods on the tree, ready to be collected! [​IMG] And this is the Cocoa Bean!
    Credit to LilyGVenema for the sprites! Please do not reupload/steal these sprites!

Now you can cook with these Cocoa Beans, here's what you can make: (more will be added)
    Chocolate (20 Coco Beans)
    Chocolate Syrup (5 Chocolate)
    Chocolate Milk (1 Chocolate + 1 Large Milk)
    Chocolate Chips (1 Chocolate gives you 2 chips)
    Chocolate Chip Cookies (10 Chocolate Chips + 5 Wheat Flour + 2 Eggs)
    Cocoa Powder (5 Cocoa Beans)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Erm, Cacao grows on a tree, in a large pod, which must then be allowed to ferment before the seeds inside are extracted for processing into cocoa beans and then chocolate. It's not a seasonal bush. If cacao were added it would be more like one of the fruit trees, a long-term planting that wouldn't yield right away.

StardropPJ likes this.
      • StardropPJ

..you're right... I'm going to change this up a lil! Thanks for telling me! :)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Hmm, yes, that new proposal looks a bit more usable. One thing I like about the idea of getting the pods first-- cacao pods are edible as fruit by themselves, if you don't ferment them to extract the beans. It's seldom sold that way because chocolate is a more valuable product, so the only people who usually get to taste the pods are people who work on chocolate plantations. (I've been told the taste is rather like lemons, and nothing at all like finished chocolate.) So even the raw pods themselves can be a food item or sold without processing for the beans in the game, albeit at a lower selling price.

StardropPJ likes this.
          • deukahng

deukahng Big Damn Hero

I heard we're getting coffee beans, that you can brew in a keg! So that's kinda similar? There may be options for sugar and flour as well.

StardropPJ likes this.
            • roburconqueror

roburconqueror Tentacle Wrangler

This could be nice, more variety, more option. It would be nice to have more than one farm with various climates. Coco beans could be available in one of them.

StardropPJ likes this.
              • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

OMG for real? I was actually hoping for that, I loooove coffee. lol That'll be awesome. >u>

StardropPJ likes this.
                • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Well, the screenshot posted on CA's twitter shows brewing kegs with a little 'item bubble' of a coffee mug, so, it sure looks that way.

There are windmills for flour and sugar production listed as upcoming features in 1.1.

• LilyGVenema

LilyGVenema Void-Bound Voyager

Dude, your ideas are AMAZING, *clicks follow button* Besides that... this idea would be awesome!
                    *Remember cocoa beans grow on jungle trees so we need a jungle I guess? :notworthy:
                    *We need to get modders on this
                    *I feel the urge to msg Yama about this (maker of Yama's desert expansion!)
                    *im on it!:D
                    --- Post updated ---
                    I mean Idk if anyone can make mods but I am good with sprites if that is what's needed!

StardropPJ likes this.
                    • StardropPJ

Glad you like it :D I'm not sure what we can do about the jungle though...

Maybe there can be a new location you can bus travel to... :D

(Do you have an interest in sprites? Would you be willing to make a few?)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
                      • LilyGVenema

Yeah I can!
                        It will probably take me a little bit...

StardropPJ likes this.
                        • StardropPJ

I don't mind how long it takes, I don't like to rush people :)

My cat post could use some custom sprites... if you want to make some, just message me :D

• LilyGVenema

All of the images are on my tumblr! please don't repost or take credit the only person I give permission to these photos is StardropPJ!
                            Link to it:
                            cocoa bean: http://66.media.tumblr.com/303fba1609bf83e3fbc62d2902a83609/tumblr_oayipfkjsB1vrokrlo1_75sq.png
                            Cocoa bean on tree: http://66.media.tumblr.com/63bd99062891bb6255bbbfeef338e682/tumblr_oayipfkjsB1vrokrlo2_100.png

sorry I suck at doing trees, if you zoom in on the cocoa a bit I detailed the texture... (on the tree one I just added cocoa beans to a normal tree, I guess jungle trees that grow cocoa actually look pretty normal to me.)
                            --- Post updated ---
                            I can also send one that Is a little bit less blurry Dang tumblr...

StardropPJ likes this.