1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Cobblestone Path Placement Issue

Discussion in 'Support' started by UncleColumbo, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. UncleColumbo

UncleColumbo Space Hobo

Hey,
    Minor little thing, but it's driving me nuts. When trying to place the cobblestone path up against the stairs to the house there are three squares there. I can't seem to place the path on the square in the middle, the one that lines up with the door. I can place them both left and right of those two no problem, but that one...

Thanks in advance,
    Columbo

• NekoiNemo

NekoiNemo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have to imagine object placement there is prohibited because this is the spot where NPCs stand in cutscenes.

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Made it so you can place paths there, will be in the next build!

Yusuke Urameshi and dolliknitrix like this.
        • Zhaylin

Zhaylin Aquatic Astronaut

Sorry to hijack but I didn't want to create a new topic. I'm new to the game. Just started yesterday :)
          I made a bunch of wood paths but I can't seem to place them on my farm. I've tried on the dirt patches (no grass or weeds) and I've tried on hoed soil. I'd like to place paths and plant trees to either side of it. Is it possible or what am I doing wrong?

• NekoiNemo

NekoiNemo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can't place flooring on the hoed soil, but you should be able to place them on dirt and grass. Just to be sure, try hitting the dirt with pickaxe and then placing flooring again.

• Zhaylin

Zhaylin Aquatic Astronaut

I exited the game to eat and when I got back on, I could place the paths just fine lol. Thanks for the help though :)