1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Co.Op. Multiplayer Made Lil Better?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by xQuickGoldx, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xQuickGoldx

xQuickGoldx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is just a suggestion.

in multiple other games of this style (2d sidescrolling) when me and my friends would play together we would experience horrible things.

Such as when you were fighting enemies you would experience the Baddies "teleporting" into your player. When you would get close to one the Enemies would all of a sudden hurt you and teleport through you.

this made it extremely hard to play.

and no. it was not the internet Connection. We tried 5 diffrent times on difffrent Lan connections each and on diffrent internet providers.

just wanted to make aware of this and hopefully it wont be in Starbound

btw THIS GAME LOOKS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD. i love it.

2. Skyblade799

Skyblade799 Void-Bound Voyager

I remember this from Terraria. It was really annoying, especially during boss fights, luckily it only happened 20% of the time. I hope this won't be an issue in Starbound :cautious:.

3. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

Bad memories.. my friend and I tried to beat WoF together and somehow it lagged enough that it went through us, we tried to follow it but it was too fast.. the whole world was corrupted by the end. :/

I hope it does get improved. This was the only thing wrong with the multiplayer in Terraria IMO, and sadly the only wrong was very bad.

4. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Yes, I'm pretty sure the majority of those who played multiplayer noticed this. If the tendency for this to happen could reduce, or be outright non-existent, that would make multiplayer a lot more enjoyable in Starbound.

5. xQuickGoldx

im happy (but also sad) to see i was not the only one with the same problem lol. it sucks.

i agree completely.

6. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I remember once in Terraria I was falling down a shaft, then the tiles stopped appearing, so I flew up to let them catch up with me. Then when the tiles loaded I ended up in a lava pocket and died...

7. xQuickGoldx

I just fall to the bottom of the earth and explode lol

8. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I had wings, so no fall damage [​IMG]

9. EaglePryde

EaglePryde Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Funny but i never had those problems. Seems me and my friends have been very lucky :p :giggle:

10. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

They should make it so enemies have a delay on attacks or something while in multiplayer, thus canceling out the effect, or they can try and fix it entirely which hopefully they will do.

11. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

xQuickGoldx - merged your posts. Please use the Edit button instead of double-posting ^.^

12. Tardisphere

Tardisphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess it helps that the enemies have to go through an animation to hit you. So the enemy teleporting into you shouldn't really be as much of a problem.

Hopefully the world generation bugs get ironed out though. It only happened once in Terraria for me, but it was actually benefitial because it let me and my brother fall down to hell (with lucky horseshoes, of course) and mine some hellstone without as much hassle as if we'd have gone there normally.

13. Kjulo

Kjulo Subatomic Cosmonaut

My guess is that if they hold what i think they stated somewhere, that lag is very rare at this point, the solution would be simply to not send to many packets all the time.

Let us use an example, shall we?

In saints row 2 or 3, when you play co-op you are almost always guranteed lag, due to the fact it is coded to every entity gets packets send all over the place to eachother. And if you dont know what Saints row is; its a 3d sandbox in a city made out of destructable entity fences and alot, and i mean ALOT of people walking around.
    The extreme amount of Internet usage with the packets lead to lag.

If starbound is smart it will simply be synced at all times with the world by having matching patterns or simply using small bytes to send the random number dependent on the ai.

14. Takatalvi

Takatalvi Orbital Explorer

I just hope that there will be no world holes due to the lag

15. xQuickGoldx

I agree. i dislike falling to the underworld

16. Takatalvi

And exploding with 9999 damage

17. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

COUGHdemonwingsCOUGH

18. Takatalvi

And what about servers in where hosters want the ppl to start a new char? That way you can die, oviously im not so stupid to not have wings or rocket boots equipped in other servers.

19. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This game will bring better gameplay (Multiplayer)! I think the server will be easy to make and easy to play ;)
    ~ John

20. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

oh...

bring demon wings just in case??

jk... jk...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.