1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN Survivalist: Resurrection v3.4.15

WILL YOU SURVIVE, AGAIN?

1. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

2. ColonolNutty

3. ColonolNutty

4. ColonolNutty

5. ColonolNutty

6. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

oh! yEEESS~! i've been waiting for this for ages =D
    question, how close to feeling 71% confident in this mod's stability and balance are you? lol
    reason: can you add it to steam as "open beta" or something? it's easier to keep it updated on steam...
    and finally, thank you EVER SO FRIGGIN MUCH for making it work with frackin' universe
    xD

7. ColonolNutty

I don't trust open beta's on Steam, so I don't put my own there

"for making it work with frackin' universe"
    [​IMG]

8. Kuuchan

Kuuchan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is this mod compatible with the recently release Starbound 1.3 update? And if not, are there plans to update the mod to be compatible soon?

9. ColonolNutty

Don't know, haven't tried it, try it and tell me if you run into any issues.

Edit: I'm not seeing any errors in the log files related to Survivalist, so it should be compatible. Again, if you run into any issues, let me know.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  10. Gokajern

Gokajern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, I read that this mod is compatible with Frackin' Universe. I haven't played either mods but I want to play both (FU for the much needed massive additional content and this one for the much needed added difficulty). My question is; how does this mod manage compatibility with FU? To phrase it in a different way, how does this mod change FU? I'm asking this considering for example stuff like the differences in questing, this mod removes them, FU tries to make them better (I'm more interested in the removal of the quests, as this mod does though).

11. ColonolNutty

I do that by preventing conflicts in the first place, I submitted changes to update FU to allow FU to be compatible with tons of mods, it was pulled in to that mod, so now there should be very little conflicts if any at all. The are no changes in this mod to modify FU stuff only vanilla. I might make a future patch to replace some FU quests with ones that are more first person.

This mod mainly removes the starting vanilla quests (To find the gate/outpost) and replaces them with "quests" that are more first person. Any quests past that or alongside the vanilla starting quests are out of the focus of this mod. It doesn't remove FU quests, those will still exist (Such as when you pick up the science ticket to direct you toward the science outpost at the beginning). Because this mod is loaded before Frackin' Universe, anything added to the starting ship locker will exist as well.

12. Gokajern

Interesting. Ok, is there some sort of conflict between what you want people to experience from your mod and what FU offers?

13. ColonolNutty

Survivalist intends to only modifies the starting experience to Starbound when you start from the ground up, you could use FU as the mid to late game in this regard, as there isn't much in those categories within this mod. It is really up for the person to decide.

14. Gokajern

In any case I tried them both at the same time. It was awkward. Having two different progression systems at the same time seemed weird, I wasn't sure where one interfered or aided the other. Like the whole matter manipulator could extract water but not dig thing. Or how some FU buildings allowed me to create stuff that activated/advanced quests from Survivalist. It's strange. My insistence on FU comes from all the extra content which this game desperately needs, but it's a less hardcore experience, I think. Exploration isn't as fun if there's no danger or preparation required for it, which is why I insist on this mod as well.
    I'm not entirely sure where you want to go with this mod, but I'm interested in a more hardcore survivalist type of deal with plenty of stuff to find and explore, still, it makes little sense to add stuff if it's not integrated to the mechanics as a whole. I guess this mod and FU aren't that compatible in a broad sense. Though I get the feeling people are greatly enjoying the shit out of both combined, while I'm here overthinking things.
    That said as far as feedback/suggestions go in terms of compatibility between the two mods (considering that's how I experienced them) I'd suggest making the FU stuff available from the mid-game and forward as you put it. Still start game content from FU could in someway be added to the current Survivalist systems. That is assuming you are even interested in something like that.

15. ColonolNutty

I'm all for making the game harder and if you believe FU makes it ezpz (Almost guaranteed) then I'd love for you to help me help you. I'd appreciate it if you could write down the things you find clashing between the two, or ways you could "cheat" the survivalist system, preferably in a list format, but you can do it however you'd like. I'd love to go over everything in this mod and FU and find "conflicts", but I've got multiple mods I'm in the process of updating/adding to so I don't have all the time in the world (Wish I did though).

Now comes the downside, in order to update this mod to override FU, it would need to require it, this presents the problem of forcing people to download FU when they download Survivalist. The changes you find will likely be placed in a separate "addon" type mod, kind of like how I've done with More Farming, where there is MoreFarming, then there is MoreFarming - FU. Only it'd be more like an override to FU rather than adding to it, if that makes sense. It'd have a separate repository, as well as a separate chucklefish page.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  16. Gokajern

Challenge Accepted. I will have to play both mods separately though.

17. GNDawg

GNDawg Void-Bound Voyager

How do I craft fuel?

18. ColonolNutty

With the Gas Tank

19. GNDawg

GNDawg Void-Bound Voyager

And how do I craft it? Like, I'm totally lost, I did the last quest and now don't know how to make the table that makes the gas tank...

20. ColonolNutty

You craft it at an anvil... hmm, that seems weird