1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN Survivalist: Resurrection v3.4.15

WILL YOU SURVIVE, AGAIN?

1. 1Kill1Zone1

1Kill1Zone1 Space Hobo

does survivalist work on a new patches 1 3 3 and so on?

2. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

Haven't tried it, do let me know what you find out though. I am interested as well.

3. BluFyre

BluFyre Big Damn Hero

Hi! Just wanna say fantastic work on this mod, I'm really happy somebody updated this for the current Starbound version. There are a couple of bugs I'm experiencing though.
    The first is kinda just a heads up that this mod doesn't work with Frackin' Universe anymore apparently, it crashes my game every time I try to launch it with both enabled.
    The second is sort of a big one though... the plant bandages I supposedly learned the recipe for don't show up in any crafting menus, which as I'm sure you know is really a bad deal. xD Is there a fix for this? It really sucks getting deep into a mine and then having to go back up top to sleep in my gapahuk to regen health back.

4. ColonolNutty

I shall have a look post haste! I'll also see why it won't work with Frackin' Universe.

5. ColonolNutty

6. BluFyre

BluFyre Big Damn Hero

Hello again! Frackin' Universe works, technically, but my friend and I are both having a bug where if FU is enabled it starts us in a weird, two-story high ship no matter what race we choose. This wouldn't be a problem except for after we restart this weird ship's computer it immediately teleports us to the ship our respective race is SUPPOSED to have, but the beam function is disabled so we're stuck in our ship... sorry to bug you again!

EDIT: It does seem to be something that FU adds in on its own, obviously, so I'm not sure if it can even be helped.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  7. ColonolNutty

Are you both on your own ships? I'm gonna be fixing the issues that come up as we go, so I appreciate you bringing it up to me!

8. ColonolNutty

9. BluFyre

BluFyre Big Damn Hero

Sorry I could not respond to your questions, I've had really busy days with school the last couple of days. :c That being said, v2.2.3 fixed the beaming issue, so for now everything is working great!

10. ColonolNutty

Definitely bring up any other issues you run into.

11. Amyas Leigh

Amyas Leigh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love that someone decided to revive this mod! You're doing god's work. Just thought about it the other day and decided to google for any mods like it and lo and behold found this.Current version of Frakin' seems to have broke it unfortunately, get a fatal error access violation popup when trying to start the game with them together.

12. ColonolNutty

That error is caused by starbound itself, many people are running into it including me I was getting it even without this mod installed. I usually just rerun starbound until it decides when it feels like running. If you run into other issues, I need to you to provide your logs, otherwise, it'll never get fixed.

13. SyntaxError73

SyntaxError73 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

NICE MOD! I have a question/request though.....

Would it be possible to let people configure the mod to allow us to have only the features we want? Funny enough I really downloaded it for the poop system plus a few other things, but at the same time I don't like extreme hardcore survival AT ALL.. This is why I would like a configuration file so I can disable players having less health, while keeping the dangerous weather and the poop system.

14. ColonolNutty

I don't know of a system that allows that currently. Is there a mod that adds the ability to configure things?

15. SyntaxError73

SyntaxError73 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sure you can just make something like a script that changes other scripts, so if let's say the less health feature is set to false in the master script, it will not use the features from that less health script that was set to be disabled.

of course the configuration script would have to be edited manually whenever a change has to be made.

16. ColonolNutty

The only problem is, that it would have to be a separate tool from Starbound itself. Starbound uses JSON patch files, which are quite limited on their own.

17. Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

I'm really liking this mod with the exception of Survival Points. They feel like they are just an arbitrary way to add difficulty and waste the player's time. Running around trying to find monsters to kill to get a morsel of SP when you already have all the required materials just isn't fun or engaging and feels like busywork in my opinion. I really love everything else about this mod but that one aspect is sucking all the enjoyment out of the mod for me.
    Is there a possibility to have a secondary version of the mod with no SP system? I think the mod would be difficult enough to be enjoyable as-is without it.

Edit: I apologize if this sounded harsh. I just do not think that it is good design and is hindering this mod's potential.

Edit 2: After playing more, I realize the importance of SP drops (gating progression so you can't just get everything at once which makes sense). However I think that the drop rate should be a boolean rather than a percentage with a smaller payout so that the game rules feel consistent and also give the feeling of always making progress rather than praying to RNGesus (most important early game where you don't really have farming to rely on).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  18. ColonolNutty

What do you mean by a boolean? A set amount?

19. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Does this mod have all of the game's bosses?

20. SWhite

SWhite Void-Bound Voyager

With this mod installed, my matter manipulator is as useful as the ship's cat

I mean I can't even dig dirt, much less cut trees.
    Too bad, the mod was promising

Also, why force players to start with rags? :\