1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN More Farming v7.11.183

Want to spice up your kitchen with a multitude of ingredients, well now you can, again!

1. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

2. ColonolNutty

All of the item "food" and "prices" are created using a tool I have, so if it uses less ingredients or ingredients that provide less food/cost less, then the item itself will give less food and cost less. Also, fixed. Let me know if you run into anymore issues!

3. SWhite

SWhite Void-Bound Voyager

Suggestion

The stew recipe asks for a tomato and a potato.
    What if I only find potatoes and carrots on land? Then I can't make stew.

What I'm suggesting is to add multiple recipes that allow players to make stew if they have at least two different kinds of vegetables at hand, all resulting in the same stew.

4. ColonolNutty

Looks like you'll need to locate some tomatoes :)
    Different ingredients results in a different stew.

5. SWhite

Strange, I tried putting a carrot instead of a tomato and nothing happened

6. ColonolNutty

What I meant is, it wouldn't be the same stew that meets the requirements of the quest, because it would have different food values/price. Ultimately being a different stew all together. Also, I'd need to create an entirely new stew in the code as well.

7. SWhite

My concern wasn't the quest, but the fact I have ingredients that make sense to put togetheter in a pot, but I can't

8. ColonolNutty

Ah, well that is definitely reasonable. I'll add that to list of things to add!

9. SWhite

Suggestion

I'm in a point of my gameplay where it's difficult for me to find food, so I tought to just boil single vegetables I find while I travel.
    Too bad I can't cause there's no boiled potatoes, carrots... and so on.

Can you please add them in your next release?

10. ColonolNutty

There are boiled potatoes, you need to chop them up first then add them to the pot with water alongside them. 1 chopped potato and 2 water (same with the others 1 chopped whatever and 2 water). Although, now that you mention it, I do remember cooking involving boiling a potato after skinning it THEN chopping it up afterwards in real life. Hmm. I may have it backwards.

11. SWhite

Yo can boil it with the peel too, most vitamins are in the skin.

Here in italy we also eat them whole as a contour (mostly when we eat boiled meat), just place them in a plate after boiling them, splash them with some oil and sprinkle some salt. Same goes with carrots and pretty much every vegetable.

12. ryes

ryes Big Damn Hero

hi, I want to ask some help on adding new recipes and tweaking some by patching.

Recently I been trying to add a marmalade recipe into boilingMFMRecipes, but every time I try to run in-game,all the boiler didn't show all of the recipes from boiling,and the recipe book turn blank. the other appliance (without patch) are still showing their recipes.

on the other hand,i'm trying to re-tweak the jelly sandwich to give more output (well,a jar of jam only for two slice of bread were too sweets i say lol).
    back then, i'm only patch the plain recipes (the sample.recipe,not the methodMFMRecipes.config). recently I realize it didn't work anymore.

this is what the log said after i open the preparing table and the boiling pan https://pastebin.com/fhyuUNtf
    here's how i wrote the patch file [marmalade] [sandwich tweak]

13. ColonolNutty

Try removing the comments "//===================================================", "// ORANGE MARMALADE //", and "//==========//"

Edit: On a side note, wow, I was thinking about performance when I made those config files the way they were, but I hadn't even thought of what patch files for it would look like! I'll jot down a note to make it easier to patch the config files in the future, somehow...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  14. ryes

ryes Big Damn Hero

tried before,but i think if i start a line with "//" would be count as comment and wouldn't be read as code in-game.

well,can't wait to see how it would be. in the mean time i'll gonna use the vanilla way :DD

15. ColonolNutty

16. ColonolNutty

17. ColonolNutty

18. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nutty, gooday.
    One sugestion I don't know if already seen here, but, the introduction of the mod, on mod page, the logo of CN More Farm and that colorful 'Revitalization' could be better showed, i guess.
    Please, don't take it bad, it's just a "marketing" sugestion hahaha, your mod is total amazing, but the description page made me feel like you're not so professional, but i know you are, so, my sugestion is a rework on the description, to reflect the skills and talent you have =)

19. ColonolNutty

How would you suggest it be showed better?

20. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, i'm looking your page while writing that, so, here's my suggestions:

1- Take of that caps red text on the top of the page, and put that text on the bottom, because it's not cool talk about issues right before see what the mod do;
    2- The link for Steam is a less important information too, so, put informations with a top-to-bottom order, with the most important things on the top;
    3- The logo, well, i really don't knew what your mod do when i saw the logo, and the 'Revitalization' seems like made on paint, and seems really, really no-pro =/, my suggestion is to make a whole new logo, something more simple, more pixel art, and more clean, and, please, take off that 'revitalization' thing;
    4- I don't know if you need to tell that your mod includes the Back in the Kitchen mod, like something appart from your mod, maybe you should make the Yes Chef mod a little more 'inside' the CN More Farming, that will give an ideia of a complete and reliable mod;
    5- The text about what the mod do is very, very long, i guess you could write a little less, and, again, write first what you do, and after what you are;
    6- I guess you should remove the text about why it's called more farming, it's nice to see the history and the personality of the modder, but your mod is too much complex and serious for that funny information;
    7- I liked the text on 'Your New Favorite Shopping Center(s)', but i guess you could make the words more dark, that 'pastel' colors don't combine so well with the white background;
    8- The text on the spoiller boxes is so, so nice, i love that, i think you can put part of that text out of the boxes, like a call-to-action (to open the text box) for the user;
    9- The cocoa tree, i guess you should tell the player what's happened with the vanilla cocoa tree;
    10- O really love the steps of chocolate, but, like i said many times before, the text is so small, and the 'text-align: center' is so strange, that seems like you don't valorize the text like you should do.

Well, that's my guesses about how you can improve your description page, i'm sorry if something i tell was offensive or rude, isn't my intention, i really love that mod and really, really am a huge fan of your work, so, thanks for your time and your patience =)