1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN More Farming v7.11.183

Want to spice up your kitchen with a multitude of ingredients, well now you can, again!

1. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

Eh, small sacrifices must be made. The Interface modding isn't largely customizable, so there is not a whole lot the system allows.

2. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What about a search box, where typing an ingredient results in a list of recipes that contain that ingredient?
    Does that seem like something that could be fun to implement?

3. ColonolNutty

Already too complex, for the System, not for me. The starbound creators have quite a bit of accessibility work to do with the interface customization before things like that would be available.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  4. ColonolNutty

5. MehPercy

MehPercy Void-Bound Voyager

I seem to be having an issue with chopping cactus. It doesn't chop the raw cactus despite it being in the recipe book and a component of other recipes.

6. ColonolNutty

Are you positive it is raw cactus from this mod? Also, logs are required.

7. MehPercy

I'm not entirely sure; I planted a saguaro but it doesn't seem to be providing me any cactus(only water and treated wood), which may or may not be intentional? I'm quite certain I harvested a vanilla cactus at one point, so that may be the source of the issue as well.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/woofv0004w6c51i/starbound.log.1?dl=0 Here's my log file in case, since you'd asked.

P.S. Since you're open to requests, have you considered incorporating teas?

8. ColonolNutty

I don't believe the cactus block is vanilla, it is likely from Frackin' Universe. It isn't a bad idea to have it drop when using the FU addon for this mod

9. ColonolNutty

Have you updated to the latest version of More Farming?

Edit: If you have, then I'll also need you need check the "Enable Debug" button in a chopping appliance and attempt to chop cactus in an appliance again. Once you do that, give me those logs.

10. MehPercy

I reinstalled the mod to be sure, but the issue persists. I did try the debug button on the slicing apparatus, both pre- and post-reinstall, but to no avail, I'm afraid.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/woofv0004w6c51i/starbound.log.1?dl=0

[​IMG]

11. ColonolNutty

The debug button is for me. It logs extra info in the log file for me to look through. Also, that log file doesn't contain the debug info I require, can you give me the "starbound.log" file and NOT the "starbound.log.1" file. It is located in the same location. You'll know it is the right one when Windows states it has the file type LOG instead of the file type 1. OR since it seems you don't have file types showing up, you can give me the "starbound" file.

12. MehPercy

Here it is! Sorry if this is troublesome for you.

Attached Files:

13. AngleWyrm

I've been wondering lately is there any kind of relationship between cost and nutritional value? There's a hunger bar, starts as 100 hunger points. And the different foods have different nutrition.

It seems to me if we look at the vanilla recipes, ingredients and costs then we might get a general notion of how nutritional daily intake costs look. After having a good handle on how much nutrition food offers, and how much traders charge for it, it may be possible to do the same thing with this mod.

With the two sets we can then look to see what we like and dislike about them, merge the best pricing scheme for the nutrition and labor.

Any hints on which lua/config/whatever files contain the food items?

14. ColonolNutty

I wrote a program in java that determines the price and food values of items based on the ingredients used. With a minimum of 10 food value if the calculated value is below or at 10. It adds the price of ingredients together and adds an arbitrary percentage to it, which is 5% currently.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  15. ColonolNutty

Looks like I forgot to add it to the list of recipes used by the scripts, whoops! It'll be fixed in the next update

16. AngleWyrm

Is there a typical price for 1 hunger-bar's worth of food?

17. ColonolNutty

I don't make the prices, the program I wrote does, you'll have to look at the base ingredients, the ingredients at the bottom of the chain determine the price of what they make. If they don't have a recipe to make them, they are considered a base ingredient, for example Tomato.

choppedtomatoMFM recipe -> 1 tomato = 1 choppedtomatoMFM
    Tomato price -> 60
    Tomato Food Value -> 2.5
    Arbitrary Percentage -> 5% = 0.05

Calculation for both food and price (Just replace Price below with Food Value):
    P1 = Price of first ingredient
    Pn1 = Number of first ingredient
    A = Arbitrary Percentage
    On = Number of items created with recipe
    O = Output Price

((P1 / Pn1) + ( (P1/Pn1) * A)) / On = O

((60 / 1) + ((60/1) * 0.05)) / 1 = O
    (60 + (60 * 0.05)) / 1 = O
    (60 + 3) / 1 = O
    63 = O

For each ingredient it would add to the end result, for example the formula for two ingredients is as follows:
    P2 = Price of second ingredient
    Pn2 = Number of second ingredient

(((P1 / Pn1) + ( (P1/Pn1) * A)) + ((P2 / Pn2) + ( (P2/Pn2) * A))) / On = O

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  18. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty updated CN More Farming: Revitalization with a new update entry:

v6.8.118

Read the rest of this update entry...

AngleWyrm likes this.
  19. Pukitaki

Pukitaki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new update adds a new biome to "Most planets"... will those planets break if for some reason I need to remove the mod later? What about planets already generated?

20. ColonolNutty

Only applies to new planets, ones you haven't visited, planets with the new biome will break without this mod. It's like Frackin' Universe. Besides, they'll break even without the biome additions, because this mod also adds farmables. This is one of those mods where there isn't really a way to go back without starting a new game.

Pukitaki likes this.