1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN More Farming v7.11.183

Want to spice up your kitchen with a multitude of ingredients, well now you can, again!

1. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

[01:42:52.538] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in for iterator 'for iterator'
    [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:1>
    [01:43:02.089] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:21.144] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:1>
    [01:43:22.291] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:22.886] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [01:43:27.568] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:42.713] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:48.217] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges now given to player Marley
    [01:43:51.312] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [01:44:02.924] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:44:23.088] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:44:57.482] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [01:45:00.655] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges taken away from Marley
    [01:45:05.834] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges now given to player Marley
    [01:47:15.130] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges taken away from Marley
    [01:47:48.704] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:58:15.392] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:58:49.494] [Info]

It was caused by improved food description

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

3. Cerius

Cerius Void-Bound Voyager

I'm liking this mod so far, was having problems with the generic item but looked back and fixed it.
    I love that you did the perennial + compact patch.

Not sure how I feel about so many different crafting stations to make stuff, although this mod kinda reminds me of harvest moon,
    especially the way you have experiment and learn recipes and fill in the gaps from rl knowledge.
    But in Harvest moon you had a functional kitchen with pots and pans and ovens in one place and you'd choose what equipment to use and what ingredient.
    It would be nice to have something in between the cheat book.

Also I'm getting really bad frame drops when I select certain things like Terra Mart that stop as soon as it's closed. My best guess is this mod but I don't really know.

Anyway thank you for making this mod

4. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There seems to be a minor (but fixable) issue with recipes using water:
    • Hunger is an on-going renewable need
    • Source provided for water (mud) isn't a renewable resource
    The Novakid water pump decoration would make a great candidate for providing a water source that periodically refills. There are also a couple other vanilla water decorations that look as though they pump water into a trough.

Currently my favorite part of this mod is freezers, whereas the vanilla game doesn't include any type of food preservation at the start.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  5. Cerius

Cerius Void-Bound Voyager

After playing this mod a bit more I'm wondering if you balanced the prices of things.
    For instance regular bread sells for slightly more than bread-high quality.

But the absolute worst thing... there's no way to make wine from grapes ;)

6. AngleWyrm

I made a stack of dough and put it into a baking appliance along with all the ground jalon I had on me in order to make some jalon bread. Then I clicked the 'make' button a whole bunch of times. It used up all the ingredients, but instead of jalon bread it made a stack of plain bread.

To repeat this do the following
    1. put two dough and one ground jalon into a baking appliance
    2. press the make button twice

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  7. ColonolNutty

Logs would be nice, especially when you "check" the debug checkbox when you attempt it.

8. ColonolNutty

I wrote a program that balances things for me, it bases the prices/food values on what ingredients are used. Although, some items I had to take liberties on their food values, such as doughMFM. It isn't a consumable, so it doesn't have food values by default. I override it with a food value of 10

9. ColonolNutty

Lag? I need logs for this

10. ColonolNutty

I see what you mean, it replaces the jelon bread, essentially making it disappear

11. ColonolNutty

AngleWyrm likes this.
  12. AngleWyrm

The camping quest line eventually has Stew - Mountainman as part of the task list. I've gathered the ingredients and put them into a camp cookpot (boil) in the quantities specified in the recipe book. 1 bread, 5 plant fibre, 2 poultry strips, 2 alien meat, 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped potato, 2 water. In that order even.

But pressing the 'Make' button isn't converting the ingredients into stew.

[​IMG]

13. ColonolNutty

Again, logs would help. If you encounter future issues, I would be glad to help. But if you don't "check" the debug checkbox, then attempt to make the recipe again and provide me your starbound logs afterwards, I can't help you much.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  14. AngleWyrm

Ok, here's a log from the point of having the camping boil appliance fully loaded with the ingredients for Stew-Mountainman, with the debug checkbox checked and pressing the Make button.

Attached Files:

15. ColonolNutty

Strange, it states that you are missing liquidwater, but you clearly have it in there. I'll have to look into it a bit. Can you see if you can craft other recipes that require liquidwater? In other appliances.

16. AngleWyrm

Results of further testing: The issue seems to be related to the camp boiling pot.

On the possibility that I had a stack of water that was somehow corrupt, I dropped my water in a container and was able to make some more from ice. That water also didn't work in the pot, either for the stew or to boil chopped potatoes.

I was able to turn flour into dough with water in the by hand menu.

I built a Floran boiling pot and made meat dumplings, and then went on to make stew as well, which completed the quest.

Summary: Boiling worked in the Floran boiling pot but not in the Camping boiling pot.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  17. ColonolNutty

I meant try it with different cooking methods. For instance, try it in a blender recipe

18. ColonolNutty

Hmm, I tried it in my game and it works fine, you could try deleting the MoreFarming folder from your mods folder, then reinstall it. I'm not seeing any outstanding errors, so perhaps there are some files mixed up?

Edit: Hmm, I did notice you crafted water from mud, seems like that is the root of the problem. It makes sense, since you were going through the quest. I reproduced the problem.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  19. ColonolNutty

AngleWyrm likes this.
  20. AngleWyrm

The Starbound GUI checkbox feature that filters for what can be made with inventory ingredients is useful, but it doesn't answer the question "What can be made with water?"