1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN More Farming v7.11.183

Want to spice up your kitchen with a multitude of ingredients, well now you can, again!

1. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

2. steakhutzeee

steakhutzeee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Recipes are no longer "learned" when picking up ingredients (You can craft everything in the recipe book at the start anyways)".

Why this?

Thanks!

notanaccount2 likes this.
  3. ColonolNutty

4. ColonolNutty

Why is what? Why are they no longer learned at the start? Because it is like real life, if you know the recipe, you shouldn't need to have a "blueprint" for it. Experimentation in cooking is key to being a successful chef. Also, the only use for "learning" things is to show those messages at the bottom of the screen.

notanaccount2 and steakhutzeee like this.
  5. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

I'm just going to add that since FU has a winter Christmas candy biome, we could use gingerbread house blocks.

6. ColonolNutty

Gingerbread, hmm

7. ColonolNutty

8. ColonolNutty

It hasn't died lol, the ideas behind both yet live on!

9. ColonolNutty

Most definitely makes it easier to maintain and track down those dirty bugs.

10. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been really liking this mod for the new plants and blocks, but I haven't been using Yes Chef since it complicates the cooking recipes. Seeing Yes Chef being integrated into More Farming kind of left me in some sort of mixed feelings... I'd really love to have More Farming as a standalone but I can understand the pain of maintaining two similar mods. :(

11. ColonolNutty

The ideas behind them are pretty much the same, but I can understand complicated recipes being alot. Now that they're combined, I can focus on adding new recipes, updating old ones, and improving balance of everything in it's entirety. I'm not planning to make the recipes so complicated as to make them not craftable. But not so easy that you'd be able to make it all ezpz. More Farming has complicated cooking recipes as well, so it isn't an idea solely belonging to Yes Chef. I combined them, not only to make it easier to maintain and update, but to also combine the same ideologies.

12. ColonolNutty

I actually have plans to add loads of recipes, that aren't complicated and basically allow you to experiment to your hearts content. Such as a garpberry banana sandwich or garpberry + jelon pie, or eggplant cookies, or all kinds of soups. In the end, I want to be able to just throw something into the pot and get something out of it. The more complicated recipes are basically going to be the ones with unique names, such as pumpkin pie.

13. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What turns me off from Yes Chef is a number of new tools (Blender, Coffee Machine, Butter Churn) that has to be created to make a recipe. It's a bit too complicated and I'm kinda not sure how it would play out with other mods that add new foods and recipes (like More Alien Food or race mods that add new foods), since it recategorize most if not all vanilla recipes.

Meanwhile I've been looking for something that makes cooking actually feels challenging, feels something like Harvest Moon (only lacking the competition mini-game... beyond the scope of this mod but would make a good extension maybe :p). I hope future updates can balance it as you've said.

steakhutzeee likes this.
  14. ColonolNutty

You don't have to use the appliances, you can craft straight from the "Cheater's Recipe Book". Need to be an admin to spawn or craft it at the appliance crafting table though. Yeah, alot of the recipes are all over the place, the original recipe for Snow Cone, had a bunch of weird ingredients, like lime juice and lemon juice.

Lol, steam only is crazy sauce

15. ColonolNutty

16. ColonolNutty

17. steakhutzeee

I've a few things to notice and ask :)

- As i can see, the volumes added to terramart for appliances, ingredients etc. have a title that goes out of the gui.

- Still i need the Protectorate Camp Guide with these last updates?

- As i can see, when i craft the 'Kitchen Crafting Table', the drop is the object but with a different name, 'Kitchen Appliance Workbench'. Why this?

Thanks!

18. ColonolNutty

1. Yeah long titles do that, not really much I can do without custom UIs, other than make em smaller :/
    2. Only if you want the quests (Assuming you haven't done them, two of them, one for each)
    3. I haven't figured out how the UI stuff works completely yet, probably a few things going to be wonky.

steakhutzeee likes this.
  19. steakhutzeee

Good, thanks! So i'm fine my side (referring to the name of the K.C.Table) :p

Thanks! :)

20. steakhutzeee

I've to recraft the MFM Recipe Book after every update of the mod? Or I can use always the same?