1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

{Closed} What is the name of this block?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Khodex1997, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khodex1997

Khodex1997 Void-Bound Voyager

As the title says i don't know the name of this block but i want to make/find it so i can use it. The cursor in the picture is pointing to the block. Its one of the blocks that are naturally generated in the missions to trigger the horizontal doors. You can also fall straight through the block like its in the background but still senses you. I also included a picture of it being used in wiring. If you can't get it legitimately does anybody know the spawn code? Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Wall proximity sensor
    Craft-able at your local wiring station.

3. Khodex1997

Thanks for the quick reply but I can't seem to be able to place the proximity sensor in the air like it is in the picture. Any ideas why? I also tried placing it up against a wall.

TrueEdge likes this.
  4. Xenrin

Xenrin Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't messed around with them, but did you try placing it as a background block? (Or is that what you meant by "against a wall?)

5. Khodex1997

I placed it as a background block. By against the wall i meant on the side of a block.

6. Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

Background blocks have to be adjacent to other background blocks to be placed/placeable. Have you placed some background blocks behind the wall itself?

7. Khodex1997

Yes i have it seems it still does not want to be placed. I'm trying to make something almost identical to the picture just with a mining hatch.

8. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Make a background wall, put it on the background wall.
    It's placement requirement is similar to paintings.

9. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

The Proximity Sensor and the Proximity Wall Sensor are different objects. As far as I know, there's no way to craft the Proximity Wall Sensor in-game without console commands or similar.

You can use Proximity Scanners, but they have a wider range and are a little laggy.

Khodex1997 likes this.
  10. Khodex1997

Thank you that's good to know![DOUBLEPOST=1424507396][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure how to close a thread so i just put {closed} at the top someone correct me if I'm wrong, sorry.

11. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

Only mods can close a thread. I've put a report in.

12. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Locking as requested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.