1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Closed Beta: WHERE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hopoo, May 9, 2013.

1. hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Hi all. I recently posted an update on Kickstarter about our current comings-and-goings, but I felt it was important I posted here as well.
    • All digital rewards are distributed through the Humble Store. What this means is that everyone will have not only a secure website to download from, but that they will have an account as a backup incase you happen to lose your files. The closed beta is also done through the Humble Store, and a bunch of very talented people from the Humble Team is clacking away at their keyboard as we type in order to get you the game as soon as possible. All backers will recieve an email with details on how to receive their digital rewards soon.™ I know you're all excited to play and stream our game, and so are we. Trust me!
    • As the Kickstarter ended, we noticed that some accounts bounced/failed for payment, resulting in no reward. Oh no. Once we get the closed beta up and running, we will have, through the Humble Store, pre-order rewards very similar to those of the Kickstarter.
    For the Closed Beta itself, it will be up sometime tomorrow. Sorry! Please don't kill me. I know you all wanted to play it as soon as the Kickstarter ended, but we have to sift through thousands of emails, some bouncing, and organize with the Humble Store to make sure there are no bumps in the road.

Once the beta goes live, head on over to https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresenderto receive your key for the digital reward tier that you pledged for. The reward tiers are:

1. Game ($10+)
    2. +Beta ($25+)
    3. +Wallpaper+Soundtrack ($40+)
    4. +Game+Art ($75+)
    5. +GameGuide ($120+)
    Hope this clarifies any questions! Thank you all for your patience and your support of our game; we're as excited as you guys are :)

• Dirzain

Dirzain Yeah, You!

I know you don't know for certain but do you think 'sometime tomorrow' will be within a couple of hours or will it be later in the day than that?

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

It will definitely be in noon to afternoon area. Wish I could get it out earlier!

• Dirzain

Dirzain Yeah, You!

Ahh, that's fine with me. I'm still having fun playing the demo so I'll just stick to that for now. Thanks.

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Thanks and congrats! Having the beta as early as tomorrow is awesome, don't sweat it! You guys are doing a lot :)

EDIT: After seeing Dirzain's avatar it really made me wish there was a Morpheus character, haha.

• Pychnight

Pychnight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great, it's very interesting game Might want to open a dedicated bug report forum. I'm looking forward to see what you do with the newer version of game maker.

Co-op sounds interesting but will it be local only? also well is net play being considered?

• Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Added a 'Notice' tag to this thread to make it more visible.

• tuzvihar

tuzvihar Orbital Explorer

Here is tomorrow already. :p
                  ( l ive in EU)

• MonkeyTemple

MonkeyTemple Intergalactic Tourist

Congratulations with successful ending of kickstarter company!
                    Waiting so much)

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I'm interested in seeing this "soon.™" product. Any news on its development?

Regulith likes this.
                      • Paggles

Paggles Intergalactic Tourist

Hey! Congrats on everything! I'm super psyched about the closed beta! But I'm wondering, is there going to be a confidentiality thing for this beta? Like where we can only talk about the it in a certain forum or something?

I don't mind either way, just wondering ;)

• Exon

Exon Subatomic Cosmonaut

There's no NDA.

• Paggles

Paggles Intergalactic Tourist

Great, thanks!

• Galdius

Galdius Subatomic Cosmonaut

07:42 in Seattle, 16h42 in France..... Can't waaaiiiiittt haaaaaa T_T ! I hope the beta will come around 20h here ^^

• QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow. I expected it to be a few weeks until we saw the beta, so I'm certainly not angry. I figured that "end of the kickstarter" meant when the kickstater was finalized. In my experience with other projects this has always taken at least a week.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, so that would mean right around now for me.

• Restarter000

Restarter000 Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks, you guys are great. Looking forward to it. Those Humble guys are really awesome!

• Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Glad to see a fellow French citizen !

Anyway, can't wait to lay my hands on this beta.

• Galdius

Galdius Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hehe i think i am not the only one :p
                                        ( maybe 1hour left? *_*)

Edit: Wrong hope x)

• MisterS42

MisterS42 Void-Bound Voyager

Looking forward to it