RELEASED Climates of Ferngill (Weather Mod) 1.3

Adds a weather system to the game

1. englenghardt

englenghardt Void-Bound Voyager

Are TV icons about weather are working? Mine seems just blank black icon. And When i wake up i got notification about full moon and the beach got lot of item but when i open the mod menu it say moon phase is new moon.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Can you tell me what is in your data/Assets folder under Climates of Ferngill? Secondly, I would need to see your SMAPI-latest.txt file to properly evaluate the issue.

• englenghardt

upload_2017-9-15_6-50-10.png
        This is climatesheet2.png on Assets folder, i had to crop it.

I dont know if the error are logged, but this log are from my recent playthrough. It happen on late summer 26-28ish. Im on early fall already with these log.

EDIT: And one thing, i still got wrong notification on those early fall. It say i got thunder but actually it just cool fall day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
        • Koihime Nakamura

Can you screenshot that? Your log shows no reason you should be getting the thunder notification.

• englenghardt

Yeah, got no error on that log, i did not screenshot it that day. Will do if it happen again. Im through winter now.
            Are crop not watered during rain already fixed? I got those problem too.
            And i got these to report too. TV icon and moon notification.

StardewModdingAPI 2017-09-17 21-51-14-06.jpg StardewModdingAPI 2017-09-17 21-59-03-74.jpg StardewModdingAPI 2017-09-17 21-59-07-04.jpg

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Uhm. Well, that's certainly an odd error on the TV.. (I've never noticed it.)

As for the rain not watering the crops - no, the console command won't, if that's what you're using, and if it's not watering all crops on day over, that's a vanilla bug.

I'll continue to investigate the TV one.

• Koihime Nakamura

And the reason I've never noticed the TV one is that I've never retested moving to this mod. It's a limitation I need to look into getting around (or just not using the custom TV mod, I suppose.)

Here is the latest version, just missing the stamina changes, and the frost and heatwave systems.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
                • englenghardt

It just a few crop that not get watered. Like this mod trigger a rain but not all tiles get watered.

• Koihime Nakamura

That is a vanilla game bug.

• Koihime Nakamura

Update: Alpha of the new version was completed last night and I will be testing it over the next few days.

This includes:

* Fix for festivals having missing text
                      * The heatwave and frost events
                      * Stamina drain system

This will also use SMAPI's localization interface to make translations much easier to create and add.

Once I'm unable to fin bugs, I'll put it up here for beta testing

anothersarah likes this.
                      • Koihime Nakamura

OK, as far as I can tell, it's working normally, so I'm releasing it here for beta testing.

A quick changelog:
                        - fixed festivals missing text
                        - fog cutoff now will work even if you use a trainer command
                        - missed a heatwave string
                        - cleaned some old code out
                        - lightened fog out a bit.

Known Issues
                        - Any mod that uses CustomTV will override my changes to the TV.

Translation notes
                        - This uses SMAPI's localization system, and the strings can be found in i18n/default.json
                        For more details, use: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_APIs#Translation

Beta release attached to this thread. Please feel free to report any issues

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Patch 1:
                          - replaced the totem detection code which should reduce false negatives.

Attached Files:

anothersarah likes this.
                          • Koihime Nakamura

Patch 2:
                            - removed the testing code that forced every day to be foggy. (=/)

Attached Files:

anothersarah likes this.
                            • TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

Just got the new update, been not playing for a while (all new stuff for 1.2, whew). I'm getting a wierd thing where Day One says it'll be a sunny day, and the light is fine inside, then I go outside and it's super dark and foggy. I might not mind the fog later, but it's dark like night on Day One. Is this a new setting I'm missing somehow?

• Koihime Nakamura

So, that's because the code to switch out tiles only runs outside. I'll poke at doing that properly. The fog means you got the rarer dark fog rather than the lighter fog on day 1. (I purposely made the dark fog rare to prevent it from being the normal.)

Maybe I should add a fog transient to the menus..

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Koihime Nakamura

So, changes so far for Patch 3:

- Text tweaks to make it flow properly
                                  - The TV and popup will have some lines about fog now
                                  - The popup will scroll.
                                  - The probability of dark fog will be lowered to 8.75% and configurable in the settings option. It will also now default to having day 1 not having dark fog (probably hard coded to prevent option bloat)
                                  - Cleaned up some of the code, removed some debug spam
                                  - Rain Totems override chance isn't just the first one now, although that means if you get it to set a Storm totem, the next use might override it..

Goals

- Add a fog icon to the weather conditions that can pop up on the HUD. This.. might take some time.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
                                  • WoosterUK

WoosterUK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Playing on Linux (Ubuntu Zesty & Linux Mint Sonya), SDV 1.2.33 with SMAPI 2.0. This test is run with Climates of Ferngill as my only mod.

There's a bit of an issue with the download, in that the folder paths are being interpreted as names: for example, I have "Assets\climatesheet2.png" in there, rather than an "Assets" folder containing "climatesheet2.png". That's easily fixed, though.

Less easily fixed is that I get the following errors.

Here is the first, when I load a day:
                                    Code:
                                    [SMAPI] A mod failed handling the TimeEvents.AfterDayStarted event:
                                    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                                      at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.UpdateWeatherOnNewDay () <0x42232870 + 0x000ea> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.HandleNewDay (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x42309390 + 0x00033> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x41fb82c0 + 0x001bc> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    Here is the second, when I try to look at the television weather forecast (the forecast doesn't come up):
                                    Code:
                                    [SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                                      at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.WeatherConditions.GetTemperatureString (Boolean Scales, ITranslationHelper Helper) <0x423483d0 + 0x00038> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.GetWeatherForecast () <0x423480d0 + 0x000bb> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at ClimatesOfFerngillRebuild.ClimatesOfFerngill.NextScene () <0x42347da0 + 0x0020b> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.closeDialogue () <0x42347a50 + 0x00323> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.receiveLeftClick (Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) <0x42345ee0 + 0x00277> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x420bb000 + 0x00c45> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at StardewValley.Game1.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x420b4b10 + 0x027c3> in <filename unknown>:0
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x41fb4440 + 0x0344f> in <filename unknown>:0

• Koihime Nakamura

Can you attach your logfile?

ETA: Also, can you go to your config.json and turn Verbose to true, so it provides debug output?

• Koihime Nakamura

Patch 3 will probably be pending any fixes for this issue, but I have already included a fix for why Linux can't read the file path.

• WoosterUK

WoosterUK Scruffy Nerf-Herder