Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Updated to SDV 1.2/SMAPI 1.10.

• Koihime Nakamura

• Koihime Nakamura

• Koihime Nakamura

Just an update: I've gotten several bugs fixed in the upcoming release, but the big thing blocking it's release is that I've added some weathers and I want to get the custom climate thing working before I do so. This version will hopefully have a beta at the end ofthe week.

FieryChaos likes this.
      • suuyiii

suuyiii Big Damn Hero

Does this mod get hooked onto your save files? By that, I meant if I'd be able to remove it's effects completely if I were to delete it out of Mods folder? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not exactly sure how these mods work so I figured I'd ask anyway :D

• Koihime Nakamura

I can see the game acting oddly if you are in a custom weather, but aside from that, yes, this mod can be removed entirely. Is it misbehaving for you?

• Koihime Nakamura

Status Update:

So... I've finished redoing the normal and enhanced weathers. This leaves dry, arid, wet, monsoon.

The problem is that since the entire thing is now opened up for customization, the json file for it will be.. a little absurd. I'm anticipating maybe prepackaging a flatrate seasonal climate for people to customize if they want a basic rate.

This does mean that until I am 100% sure I want to use this model that betas are delayed, as ideally, I'd never change it unless I had to once released.

• suuyiii

suuyiii Big Damn Hero

I thought it was but I think it was just my game. I probably should have waited and see a bit longer before posting here. So sorry to bother! :rofl:

• koolaid_lol

koolaid_lol Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome mod. I like the idea. Is there any readme for the mod?

• Koihime Nakamura

There should be one updated on the nexus link.

• Koihime Nakamura

This is just a quick note to say the proposed release on June 1st is delayed. There are only a few things left, but I didn't get as far as I wanted before a business trip. I apologize for the delay.

• Katzvielle

Katzvielle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So just wondering it was ok if I change the fahrenheit to celsius in the config right?
                      Cause I just looked at the tv and they said it was -1000 Celsius :facepalm:
                      Also it's the beginning of summer and everyday the tv tells me there going to be frost.

• Koihime Nakamura

U.. Okay, that's unique. That's a "weather not being set error". What version are you using? (And yes)

• Koihime Nakamura

Status Update:

So it turns out the way I model weather actually causes me to hate it. For an example, I present to you the charts generated from Winter (Enhanced):

[​IMG]

The fun thing is that it slows me down for the variant weathers - since it being wetter or less wet does matter for temps. However, I am punching through it when I have a spare moment. The thing is, monsoon might just end up being a flat rain chance of 90%+. And arid of ~10%, but otherwise identical to wet/dry, to cut down the amount of modeling I am doing.

As for fixes: all fixes I've been able to triage are in the source code, but I expect some of the fixes to revert once I rewrite the weather handling code.

Expected ETA: Uh.. soon. I'm trying to get time to work on it. I apologize I can no longer give a proper ETA.

Karmylla likes this.
                          • knittingmachine

knittingmachine Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I keep getting this error when I play, do you know what it's about?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

That error is being fixed in the current branch, although it being fourth of July, I have an update:

All of the climate files have been generated, and over the week I plan on reimplementing the basic weather functions. Due to time constraints, the rebuild is taking for a long time, but I hope to have beta versions out soon for testing. Because I'm essentially rebuilding in parallel, the version will just have the console commands and the weather processing. In stages, I plan to reimplement the various features.

ETA: Uh.. I wish work wasn't making it hard to give you one. =/

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

"TooMuchInfo": false,

"Controller": 0,
                                "AllowSnowOnFall28": true,
                                "AllowStormsFirstSpring": false,
                                "ClimateType": "normal",
                                "StormyPenalty": true,
                                "DiseaseChance": 0.41,
                                "StaminaPenalty": 2,
                                "OnlyOneColdADay": true,
                                "HarshWeather": false,
                                "HeatwaveWarning": 37,
                                "DeathTemp": 41,
                                "AllowCropHeatDeath": false,
                                "FrostWarning": 2,
                                "FrostHardiness": 0.45,
                                "GhostsDoNotSpawn": false,
                                "StormTotem": false

Why some crops dried even if its raining?? Is there any instructions for config file?

Attached Files:

• rain.png
                                    rain.png
                                    File size:
                                    638.9 KB
                                    Views:
                                  Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
                                • OooOoOn

OooOoOn Void-Bound Voyager

Is this mod in a playable-ish state? About to start a new game. Cant find a readme with current features.

• HugooMagnaa

HugooMagnaa Void-Bound Voyager

i cant understand your config file? can you explain it to me?

• Koihime Nakamura

In sequence:

The config file in the current version actually has controls that do not persist to 1.1. Secondly, most of the variables should actually tell you directly what it does. If you want help on a specific value, I can do that. As to why I'm not going over all of them, well, I'm providing an update below on the current status.

As for the not watering: a new one on me. All of the mod functions that effect that doesn't run after day start to ensure watering works. You're probably looking at one of the odd engine quirks - it sometimes doesn't water crops.

The readme on the nexus (or the description) should give you a proper list of its current features. The mod is playable, with a few known issues that I'm resolving now.

====================================================================

Update:

So I replugged in most of the features today. Left undone are:

* Weather Menu
                                      * Weather TV
                                      * Stamina changes due to storms and blizzards

The main slowdown is rewriting everything so that it's also translatable (since I've gotten a few requests), and then I'll be testing it to make sure it works. I've done some changes to the config file to try and reduce the list of config values. This time, I'm also saving the readme as I write so I don't lose the original readme.