RELEASED Climates of Ferngill (Weather Mod) 1.3

Adds a weather system to the game

1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Er.. Well. I actually don't have it where you can turn off dry lightning, since it's a special weather that shouldn't cause any more problems than normal lightning (you just need to have rods out). I'll look into that.

• KungfuSarah

KungfuSarah Void-Bound Voyager

Oh okay no prob! I'm loving your mod so far anyway :)

• RyuuInu

RyuuInu Big Damn Hero

Are your mods no longer compatible? Having issues with only them.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

New update last night probably messed with them.. Although, this is the first of the recent patches that have bothered them.

• Koihime Nakamura

There was a change to code the shared library depends on. I'm looking at it now, but a fix may have to wait until I get home from work.

• Koihime Nakamura

• ADD_Booknerd

ADD_Booknerd Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm getting an error saying all your mods are out of date

• Koihime Nakamura

I just updated them all - you may have to give it some time to progress through nexus's servers.

• farmerjack

farmerjack Void-Bound Voyager

Do we know how the added weather events are read by Content Patcher? For instance, if rain or storm are summoned by Climates of Ferngill, would a when: rain or when: storm conditional in Content Patcher work?

• Koihime Nakamura

In most cases, Climates simply manipulates the game flags. So you should be able to use those flags as is.

farmerjack likes this.
                    • Koihime Nakamura

Okay, so I'm working on 1.5.0 now, and a question has come up.

Do people here modify their climate files?

HopeWasHere likes this.
                      • Moragaine

I tweek the settings a little; storms on spring first, snow on Fall 28th - but I haven't yet tried one of the more extreme settings like crops dying, etc. I'm considering it, tho, as it would be more realiztic.. I can't say enough how much I enjoy the more variable weather and fog and even the dry lightning that your mod adds to the game. It makes it feel like a living world.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                        • Koihime Nakamura

Well, that is useful. I meant the .json files themselves. The idea is that 1.5 moves more of the hardcoded chances out of config and into the weathers. (Also should support: sunshowers, and variable rain, and heavy rain. 1.5 is largely just expanding on previous experiments.)

HopeWasHere likes this.
                          • Moragaine

That all sounds very nice! I haven't done much messing around with any of the .json files other than config and tweeking some of the lines on the tv.