RELEASED Climates of Ferngill (Weather Mod) 1.3

Adds a weather system to the game

1. trung111993

trung111993 Intergalactic Tourist

What a great mod but I have some questions :

- What is verbose ? I see no different between true or false

- I turned off SickMoreThanOnce but the stamina still drain multiple times, every 10 minutes, I thought it just affected 1 time ( I tested with AffectedOutside 1.0, ChanceOfGettingSick 1.0, TooColdOutside 35, and at 8:00 PM Spring )

- What is AffectedOutside ? “Sick” just affects outside or even inside ? Cuz it still affected me even when I inside house ?

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

.. Please re-read the README. All of those questions are answered there.

Edit: I can see how the 'morethanonce' might be confusing, but once you get sick, it hits you every 10 minutes until you cure it. The MoreThanOnce flag stops you from getting sick again once you've cleared it.

• Koihime Nakamura

So, this reminds me of something I've been thinking about doing:

Upcoming (1.4) version of Climates of Ferngill:

The main goal is to split the mod into three: The weather mod, the moon mod, and potentially the stamina mod, depending on how robust I can make the API provided. The idea is to simplify updates (it's still rather too complex) and simplify the config file.

This should also help when 1.3 is released (since that's still projected to be Q1 2018) so I can .. probably not spend a week just getting it ready to update.

• XxRoseQuartzxX

XxRoseQuartzxX Void-Bound Voyager

I look forward to future updates and I am super excited for Stardew 1.3! There is one little thing I would like to add and it is probably asking too much, but I find it kind of strange when it is foggy out to hear the super cheerful music of spring/ summer. Would it be possible to attach maybe more somber music to the foggy weather? Like the song that plays in the ice/light blue section of the mines? Perhaps that is too complicated or just not even possible due to hard-coding but I thought I would just throw it out there.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
          • trung111993

trung111993 Intergalactic Tourist

Sr for bothering u, just some of my dumb questions :
            -I don't know it is bug or something but I set "ChanceOfGettingSick": 1.0, "AffectedOutside": 1.0, and stand nearly a day in game in storm weather but I don't get sick ?
            -I set "TooColdOutside": 20.0, and with the 2 options "ChanceOfGettingSick": 1.0, "AffectedOutside": 1.0 so the low tempuratue in spring ( around 5-10 ) must be frost right ? but I stand from 8 p.m ( just like you said it happens at night ) to 2 p.m and sometimes nothing happen instead of making me 100% sick ?
            -What is ERROR weather ?? Snow in spring ??

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
            • XxRoseQuartzxX

Bug found: the weather is rainy and foggy but the weather channel shows sunshine animation and states the it will be 'Error', reset game and weather changes to rainy WITHOUT fog and weather channel behaves normally. Multiple resets have shown to switch between rain with fog and rain without fog randomly.

P.s. Experiencing eclipse for the first time and it is really neat, but I would like to note that the darkness affects the t.v. lighting so that it appears dark as well.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
              • Koihime Nakamura

@trung111993 - .. If you want to get sick, set AffectedOutside to .01. The readme explains why. (namely, if you set it to 100% outside, I'm not entirely sure it will ever trigger.).

If you get ERROR on any weather, please send me your log from the day it says Error. It's saying 'I don't recognize this combo of flags', and I'm mildly curious how fog/rain gets you that error. It's.. already set up..

"There is one little thing I would like to add and it is probably asking too much, but I find it kind of strange when it is foggy out to hear the super cheerful music of spring/ summer. Would it be possible to attach maybe more somber music to the foggy weather? Like the song that plays in the ice/light blue section of the mines? Perhaps that is too complicated or just not even possible due to hard-coding"

At present this isn't actually possible. It's an idea for later, though.

"P.s. Experiencing eclipse for the first time and it is really neat, but I would like to note that the darkness affects the t.v. lighting so that it appears dark as well."

Hum. Well, it must us the outdoors lighting, which means fixing it something I don't think I could do, but it's good to know.

• XxRoseQuartzxX

You know, I would like to thank you for always responding, you are very prompt and patient. I feel like I have turned into a real pest with all my questions and bug notes.

As for my log, my game crashed while using the 'Harp of Yoba' mod plus the new Pytk update, but while trying to find the problem I replaced the 1.3.4 beta with the previous version(1.3.2). I managed to figure out the crash was caused by the Pytk mod, but in my experimenting I have played through the next couple of days and am now unable to reproduce the issue. Until I run into the problem again, all I can tell you is that the t.v. animation showed sunny when it was clearly raining outside but only when it was foggy, if it was just rain there would be no error.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
                  • Koihime Nakamura

I think I've fixed the bug for 1.4.0-alpha. Sound cues are possible, so I'll think about it.

• poppedlatte

poppedlatte Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I love this mod, so please keep developing it. Does the version 1.3.2 fix the moons so that they don't block the 'End of the Day' sell receipt's sub-menus? I have version 1.3.1. Currently I can't read the money earned (for the first couple of times) from each sub-category of goods due to the moon blocking that section of the screen.

• Koihime Nakamura

Uh.. no. What resolution are you operating the game at?

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a similar issue, where the moon sprite is on top of the summary box while in windowed mode. It looks fine while in fullscreen mode, no issues there. Both modes run at 1366x768 resolution according to the in-game menu.

• Koihime Nakamura

hm. Well, that gives me enough information to replicate it. I'll work on it now.

• Koihime Nakamura

Progress Report:

I hope tomorrow to have test versions of 1.4 out of all three mods. I need to make sure they compile and run.

• Koihime Nakamura

Test Versions of Climates:

Note: Please delete the local copy of PyTK.dll in the Climates folder (and potentially the 0Harmony.dll file if it's still present)

Important: This version splits out both the Lunar Disturbances and Stamina mods to separate mods. You will likely want to reconfigure them.

Update Notes for Climates:
                                v1.4.0-beta2
                                - Removed unneeded options, cleaned up the readme
                                - Added Thunder Frenzy weather
                                - Whiteouts will respect hazardous weather flags
                                - some refactoring
                                v1.4.0-beta1
                                - Mod split into three - moon is now Lunar Disturbances, stamina is now WeatherIllnesses.
                                - fix for the weather icon in Climates.
                                v1.3.4
                                - Blood Moon implementation (see README notes)
                                - Refactored the weather object to be easier to debug and extend
                                - Fixed issue with stamina clearer not requiring drinking the item.
                                - Updated and expanded some of the dialogue
                                - Dry lightning will no longer happen period when it's frost conditions
                                - After consideration, wind will still restrict fog from spawning.
                                - Flag to stop the light from changing (if the stutter bothers you)

Update Notes for Lunar Disturbances
                                v1.0
                                - Blood Moon ties into Json Assets

Update Notes for Weather Illnesses
                                v1.0
                                - Stamina changes for update Climates of Ferngill.

Attached Files:

HopeWasHere and Kuriiyo like this.
                                • Koihime Nakamura

Update for Climates:

- I was calling the API wrong. Not that the mod is out yet, but this should make sure it works properly.

Attached Files:

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Really loving it now you've split it into three mods.X3 I just.. I know it's the same stuff essentially, but it feels better to be separate?

• Koihime Nakamura

Lunar Disturbances
                                      - Updated the moon to actually work.

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

If nothing else, it feels easier to update portions of the code. Glad you're enjoying it!

• poppedlatte

poppedlatte Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the late reply. I run the game in fullscreen, with my monitor's resolution at 1360 x 768. I updated Climates mod to Rebuild 1.2 rc. The moon sprites were probably disabled or removed, since they don't show up anymore. Thank you all for responding.