RELEASED Climates of Ferngill (Weather Mod) 1.3

Adds a weather system to the game

1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Updated to 1.3.1 on Nexus. Fixes the evening fog always triggering.

Katorone likes this.
    • Koihime Nakamura

.. Updated to 1.3.2 on Nexus. This adds the ability to turn off hazardous moon events. Also may have a menu fix.

anothersarah and Katorone like this.
      • Koihime Nakamura

Update for 1.3.4 upcoming as soon as I can confirm all of the 1.3.4 changes work.

(note, 1.3.3 is unreleased, but that's largely due to my own fault)

These last changes are in testing, right now.

v1.3.4
        - Blood Moon implementation
        -- water turns red, fog turns red
        -- sale prices up 45%
        -- monsters spawn every 6 real-world seconds outside.
        - Refactored the weather object to be easier to debug and extend
        - Fixed issue with stamina clearer not requiring drinking the item.
        - Updated and expanded some of the dialogue
        - Dry lightning will no longer happen period when it's frost conditions
        - After consideration, wind will still restrict fog from spawning.

v1.3.3
        - Harvey's 8-heart scene gives the temp scale. C now is Kraggs, the in-game scale.
        - Dual lightning strikes removed (was erroneously triggering additional lightning on stormy daysaw)
        - Apparently I never actually wrote in the code to spawn ghosts. :wut:

HopeWasHere likes this.
        • Koihime Nakamura

So, Blood Moons happen at the rate of 1.5% every full moon, and .75% every waxing and waning gibbeous. Should I also add an option to turn them off?

• XxRoseQuartzxX

XxRoseQuartzxX Void-Bound Voyager

Okay perhaps I am just stupid, but I cannot find the config.json file, sorry for being ignorant but I am pretty new to this so please be as descriptive as possible or I probably won't understand... Sorry again!

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

Many mods create the config.json the first time you run the game. So start up the game, let it load, then close it back down without saving. Navigate to the Climates of Ferngill folder inside the Mods folder and you should then see a config,json

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
              • XxRoseQuartzxX

Omg, now I really do feel stupid. Thank you so much! I have one more question now that I have the config file, I am more interested in the aesthetics of the weather than adding extra challenges, is there a way to configure the file so that I can enjoy the extra weather but not suffer a stamina penalty? (I saw the get sick option, so I know about that I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up messing with the file. Thank you again!

• Koihime Nakamura

In config.json set 'StaminaDrain' to 0. There's still a sick warning, but 1.3.4 will remove that when it's set to 0, since you're draining 0 stamina.

• XxRoseQuartzxX

Thank you! But what does 'hazardous weather', 'showbothscales', 'bad moon rising', 'hazardous moon events', entail?
                    P.s. Your mod is awesome! Thank you for all your hard work!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
                    • Koihime Nakamura

The README on Nexus has a breakdown of what each does. I'm actually looking through that for 1.3.4* as I'm not sure I use them, or if they could be combined a bit.

Edit: Bad Moons will be controllable by turning HazardousMoonEvents on/off. A quick glance suggests they will all stay the same for backwards compatibility options.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
                      • XxRoseQuartzxX

Ah! Just found the Readme! Thanks again, you are awesome!

• XxRoseQuartzxX

Found a slight bug, I noticed if the weather is foggy the darkened windows will flicker every so often like the game cannot decide between the two. I have not seen this in other weather (pretty cool effect if it was for lightning). Also noticed that during the sleep/profit screen there will be two moons sometimes. One is from the mod and the other from the original game, I believe.

• Koihime Nakamura

Those both are currently unfixable. (The flicker is due to the game applying normal lights followed by me reapplying it, and the second is uh.. I have to draw on top of the screen, so short of replacing the entire menu which would be.. a problem.)

• XxRoseQuartzxX

Hmm... maybe you could just leave the windows bright, I mean where I live it can still be pretty bright even when it's foggy, or apply a visual to the window that is less bright so it is harder to tell the difference. As for the moon maybe you could edge over so that it always covers where the games moon is. Or maybe you already tried these things and they didn't work but they are just ideas, sorry if I am wasting your time, still having a lot of fun with the mod though!

• Koihime Nakamura

The first I can do, yeah. The second I thought I partially fixed. I'll check again when I'm doing tests on crop logic.

• quanc22

quanc22 Void-Bound Voyager

I think you should add something like Readme to explain what information in config stand for. Like what is sick ? sick = super exhausted or auto stamina draining ? what is crop death ? all of them or just some ? what do these numbers mean ? ....

• Koihime Nakamura

There's a readme in the nexus mods docs tab.

• quanc22

quanc22 Void-Bound Voyager

I see, tks, but I still don't understand what sick is

• Koihime Nakamura

.. the readme states somewhat clearly:

"
                                        - Going out in storms, blizzards, frosts and heatwaves is now more perilous, as it drains your stamina. Thankfully,
                                        a 'Muscle Remedy' has been found to cure even the hardiest flu"

• Koihime Nakamura

Beta of 1.3.4 is being posted here for testing.

Changes:
                                          v1.3.4
                                          • Blood Moon implementation (see README notes)
                                          • Refactored the weather object to be easier to debug and extend
                                          • Fixed issue with stamina clearer not requiring drinking the item.
                                          • Updated and expanded some of the dialogue
                                          • Dry lightning will no longer happen period when it's frost conditions
                                          • After consideration, wind will still restrict fog from spawning.
                                          • Flag to stop the light from changing (if the stutter bothers you)
                                          • Harvey's 8-heart scene gives the temp scale. C now is Kraggs, the in-game scale.
                                          • Dual lightning strikes removed (was erroneously triggering additional lightning on stormy daysaw)
                                          • Apparently I never actually wrote in the code to spawn ghosts. :wut: Due to engine limitations, occurs only on wilderness farms.

At this point, barring any major bugs, I don't intend to do any more feature updates until SDV 1.3 comes out.

README: https://github.com/JohnsonNicholas/SDVMods/blob/develop/ClimatesOfFerngill/README.md

Attached Files: