1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Client connect fail! Error connecting to "SERVER IP" on port "21025". since 10-12-2013 update.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by RainbowSomething, Dec 10, 2013.

1. RainbowSomething

RainbowSomething Space Hobo

EDIT:
    THIS WAS MY SOLUTION:
    I had to forward the port again. Check your port forward settings, even if you've just set them a few days ago lke me, apparently the update can actually mess with it (?).

Seems like a lot of people are getting this so I thought we'd have a thread about it.

For me when I click "JOIN SERVER" the client freezes for a moment (not responding) and then shows the error:

[​IMG]

Edit: in my case the Server also says it is on version "Annoyed Koala" in the server CMD after it has started.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    WebbY36 likes this.
  2. Avatar_Of_Shibby

Avatar_Of_Shibby Astral Cartographer

Is your server command window reading TCP error 10038 on it as well when people try to connect?

3. Synik

Synik Seal Broken

I am getting this exact error. Cannot start a server at all.

4. RainbowSomething

RainbowSomething Space Hobo

Nope. There is absolutely no respond on the server CMD.

5. Shadowthorne

Shadowthorne Space Hobo

Same error :/

6. Conorrr

Conorrr Intergalactic Tourist

I am getting the same error on my client the server appeared to boot correctly. I'm running the server on OSX 10.9.

7. jovial

jovial Subatomic Cosmonaut

Check the version your server is running. I got this message, and discovered the server was still running Irritated Koala even after updating through SteamCMD. Luckily, though it was annoying, I could update the game through Steam on my server, and get it running.

8. Conorrr

I checked the version when it started. It said Annoyed Koala had started in the output.

9. Synik

Synik Seal Broken

How would you go about doing that? Steam already updated the game I thought.

edit: checked my server is running Annoyed Koala.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  10. Twitche21

Twitche21 Space Hobo

Try to join, 192.168.1.106

11. Conorrr

That's
    your internal IP address not your public one

12. NanoDieKatze

NanoDieKatze Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same issue as well. I've tried old fashioned port forwarding, hamachi, and even no-ip service. Still couldn't connect with friends or with each other. Windows firewall settings are set correctly and so is my router and routers firewall set correctly. I can't connect at all. All our clients and servers is updated to the latest version.

13. Hawk

Hawk Void-Bound Voyager

Having the same problem.

Getting this error in my logs:
    Error: Fatal Exception Caught: NetworkException: Cannot bind socket on port 21025: Transport endpoint is not connected

Seems to happen whenever someone connects.

Both version are correct. Everything is updated to Annoyed Koala

14. Hawk

Hawk Void-Bound Voyager

Some sound advice:

15. Twitche21

Twitche21 Space Hobo

Whoops, try 50.26.240.198

16. plague006

plague006 Intergalactic Tourist

I get the error to your server.

17. Twitche21

Twitche21 Space Hobo

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'm going to try making a server with Hamachi.

18. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

When trying to run a server (on ubuntu 64bit), it crashes with the following message:

Code:
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from './starbound.config'
    Debug: Correcting path from /terrain/surface/mountainoussurface.terrain to /terrain/surface/mountainousSurface.terrain
    Debug: Correcting path from /terrain/surface/normalsurface.terrain to /terrain/surface/normalSurface.terrain
    Debug: Correcting path from /terrain/surface/relaxedhillssurface.terrain to /terrain/surface/relaxedHillsSurface.terrain
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/breathcritical.effectsource to /effects/breathCritical.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/breathrisk.effectsource to /effects/breathRisk.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/foodcritical.effectsource to /effects/foodCritical.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/foodrisk.effectsource to /effects/foodRisk.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/healthcritical.effectsource to /effects/healthCritical.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/healthrisk.effectsource to /effects/healthRisk.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/multijump.effectsource to /effects/multiJump.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/warmthcritical.effectsource to /effects/warmthCritical.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /effects/warmthrisk.effectsource to /effects/warmthRisk.effectsource
    Debug: Correcting path from /tiles/mods/cerulium.matmod to /tiles/mods/Cerulium.matmod
    Debug: Correcting path from /tiles/mods/rubium.matmod to /tiles/mods/Rubium.matmod
    Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: Fatal Exception Caught: BadLexicalCast:
    ./starbound_server(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC1Ev+0xf0) [0xa5e6c0]
    ./starbound_server() [0x68fce1]
    ./starbound_server() [0x690415]
    ./starbound_server(_ZNK4Star7Variant8toDoubleEv+0x3f) [0xa3f8cf]
    ./starbound_server(_ZNK4Star7Variant2toERf+0x11) [0xa3fa11]
    ./starbound_server(_ZNK4Star7Variant4pgetIfEET_RKNS_6StringERKS2_+0x5f) [0xa467ef]
    ./starbound_server(_ZNK4Star7Variant8getFloatERKNS_6StringEf+0x16) [0xa41146]
    ./starbound_server() [0x552281]
    ./starbound_server() [0x552d5c]
    ./starbound_server() [0x552e3d]
    ./starbound_server() [0x5533c0]
    ./starbound_server(_ZN4Star15LiquidsDatabase4loadEv+0x17a4) [0x71dbe4]
    ./starbound_server() [0x52fd00]
    ./starbound_server() [0x53219d]
    ./starbound_server() [0x507256]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xed) [0x7f22459fb76d]
    ./starbound_server() [0x50b2bd]

19. AeXu

AeXu Space Hobo

Edited, oops, not the same error message:

Code:
    Info: Connection received from: 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000
    Warn: UniverseServer: client connection aborted
    Info: Reaping client <1> connection
    Warn: I/O error in NetSocket write loop or device closed: NetworkException: tcp send error: Socket operation on non-socket
    ./starbound_server(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC2ERKSs+0xfe) [0xa58e4e]
    ./starbound_server() [0xa602d1]
    ./starbound_server(_ZN4Star9TcpSocket5writeEPKcm+0xbf) [0xa5ed0f]
    ./starbound_server(_ZN4Star9NetSocket7doWriteENS_4ListISt10shared_ptrINS_6PacketEESt5dequeIS4_SaIS4_EEEE+0x4ff) [0x76781f]
    ./starbound_server(_ZN4Star9NetSocket10writerLoopEv+0x359) [0x768d09]
    ./starbound_server() [0xa63e21]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x6b50) [0x7fbf0d626b50]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(clone+0x6d) [0x7fbf0c9baa7d]

20. Twitche21

Twitche21 Space Hobo

Download Hamachi
    Network ID : Twitche
    password is : starbound
    Server IP : 25.178.217.145

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013