1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CLeF - Things to do in Starbound [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by MrChow, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Can't even see what MrChow posted since I selected the Ignore feature for him after his last hateful message. But based on a couple clips that were posted to me in a PM:

I never mocked you, or your product, in the reddit thread or in any of our correspondence. I also never "sold you out" at all. You sent me a message basically saying mackinz was harassing you etc when it wasn't my business in the first place. He's been a friend of mine for a while, so I mentioned that you had sent me a message. That's about the extent of it. You show me a single person in this thread that wouldn't tell a friend someone else(a relative stranger, at that) is talking smack about them. You'll return with very few (if any).

as stated, I make peanuts, and the majority of FU content is my own. It's donations, which means it isn't a fee. It's simply me trying to make a bit of scratch for the literally thousands of hours I've put into the project. Personally, I don't give a crap what you think of it. It's not illegal, it's not uncouth. You could just have easily done the same thing.

And CLeF uses a boatload of borrowed content, so that entire line of reasoning falls on deaf ears in the first place.

I'm guessing whatever Chows response to me is, it's rude. Another reason to not un-Ignore to read it.

Guy, calm down and stop being an ass about this stuff. I certainly did little-to-nothing to deserve the rage.

I'd not bother responding though, after this, since I can't see what you wrote anyhow. Nor am I interested in doing so until you can approach from a less enraged direction.

2. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That was my plan. At first anyone who requests will be given a link to an upload, then if he doesnt come back ill post it for future use.

EDIT: seems he restored FU support on latest commit. Okay then, that was nice.

3. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

There goes one of the best mods and modders. It's a pity things had to end up like this.

CrispyBlockland likes this.
  4. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Not -quite-. Active development has ceased, but he has said he'll possibly peek in now and then to update stuff when the stable game breaks it, if no one picks up and continues this. The mod is still here, it's just settled down and finished it's course. Set down roots. Made a nice little house. (Hopefully on a world without meteors).

Exarchai, sleepy123 and chean like this.
  5. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

sad to see you go man, had some fun making stuff for CLeF

6. HiddenKnowledge

HiddenKnowledge Void-Bound Voyager

Well, at-least he'll keep it somewhat working? :)
    P.s. I hope you come back, your mod looks awesome!

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I don't think you should quit making your mod for one simple reason - you love modding itself. I know that because no one is going to put so much work into it if they did not. So forget other people and don't let the opinions of others ruin your own enjoyment of your hobby. By all means do disconnect from the "community" if that is bringing you stress, but don't stop doing what you love. At least that is my recommendation.

Nothing said here should be considered as me "taking sides."
    1. I have not followed nor looked into this situation. Therefore I don't know the facts. Developing an informed view would require more time than I'd care to dedicate to matters that aren't my business anyhow.
    2. As with most situations where two parties disagree, many of "the facts" would probably be matters of opinion and perspective. It would probably therefore be futile for me to bother getting into it even if I wanted to.
    3. I am drama adverse and want no part of it.

In any case thanks for the work you have put into it until now, and thanks for sharing your work with everyone else.

8. SomePixel7

SomePixel7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

NOOOOOO!

i still need your help on something! i asked a question on the teleportation mod you made and now it wont be answered >->
    and no one else has made a mod for it,and im pretty sure no one else knows how to fix it

9. Robotic Bolt

Robotic Bolt Aquatic Astronaut

---------------------------
    Error
    Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) Mod 'CLeF-PG-Stable' is missing dependency 'CLeF'

ОК

I did something wrong?

10. HiddenKnowledge

HiddenKnowledge Void-Bound Voyager

Make sure to unpack both CLeF - Common and CLeF - Common -PG-Stable from clef-master.zip.

11. HollowxMoon

HollowxMoon Big Damn Hero

There seems to be a problem, I downloaded and unpacked the CLeF modpack and apparently there's an issue that has to the with the "humanoutsiderslegs" and which is not letting me go past the loading screen, everything is correctly installed but nothing is happening. What should I do?

12. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

There's no "humanoutsiderslegs" item. There is, however, "humanoutriderspants", which is a part of restored Human Outrider's armour. I can't say what's wrong unless you'll provide your starbound.log file, which can be found in "giraffe_storage" directory. Everything is working on my side.

P.S. Hey, folks. Things just got a bit better. Don't make them worse again, I don't have that many lives left.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Guy, seriously. All I did was disagree with some of your opinions, and provide evidence as to why in some cases. Also, I defended a friend while you were only an acquaintance. One tells their friends when others are attacking them. That's how friends work.

Also, I've never proclaimed myself a star, ever. Nor have I even pretended to imply as much. I do my thing, and I don't cause issues. I've certainly never attempted to manipulate you. Why would I bother? What possible benefit would there be? Furthermore, I'm not the sort to do that anyhow.

It feels like you are just trying to cause issues at this point. Which would essentially be trolling. You know I have you on ignore, so you post in your update notes where I can see it, just to do what exactly? Be rude for no reason, since I have you on ignore and don't talk about you anyway? This is exactly why I have you on ignore. You do things like this. No thanks.

Reporting this post. Sick and tired of you pulling this crap. You're acting like a petulant, spoiled child. Which is exactly why I put you on Ignore mode in the first place.

Sorry folks, that this had to be dragged into this discussion thread, but when someone attacks me (with flawed, dishonest or outright silly reasoning or slander) I am going to defend myself.

edit: made it shorter and less standoffish. Don't bother to respond, Chow, since I can't read you while you are on ignore anyhow.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  14. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

This mod has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.