1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CLeF - Things to do in Starbound [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by MrChow, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep. Since it's focused on building and non-intrusive gameplay (i.e. mechanics no longer actively aggrieving against player), the "no sand" patch fits there perfectly. :) Although, you're missing a lot of stuff by omitting Sandbox plugin. It really makes the game less annoying. ;)

2. RDG-Starbound

RDG-Starbound Master Chief

I read the list of what each part does before updating to the latest CLeF, I think I know what I'm missing out on. :gooby:

3. MrChow

MrChow updated CLeF - Things to do in Starbound with a new update entry:

Nightly fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. HunterBlade

HunterBlade Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone explaint what do to in the Quest Food For Thought? I made some Peanut Butter but I don't know what to do now.

5. MrChow

You now need to make a Peanut Butter Trap, then place it on any planet (except Outpost or your own ship) and use it to summon Jelly monster. This is a Terraria-style fight when you're supposed to summon the boss on your own by using an item. :) In order to make a Peanut Butter Trap, you'll need to craft a Cardboard Box out of Paper Sheets (they are available once you'll complete a quest that requires you to craft Paper Wings).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  6. RDG-Starbound

RDG-Starbound Master Chief

I still like how CF feels they need to destroy their game just so it won't have any obvious similarities with another game....kinda futile when you take a look at game design in general though.

7. DiggleDugger

DiggleDugger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, MrChow, I've been snipping the farm mabob file out of the sandbox module in hopes that this removes your always watered fix. I proceed to not pay attention to if this works. I do this because I would prefer the farmables require the new watering method, but I still want the other features of the sandbox module. Can I get official word if this works and if this is all that I need to do to achieve such ends?

edit--
    Also, on a sidenote, since you seem to being going this vein, you should consider adding the following mods. They will complement the recent hair-beak-what-not upgrade.

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/better-avians.2671/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/hylotl-with-tail.2178/

And my personal must have; as we've discussed before.

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/novaskin.2515/

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  8. MrChow

In order to disable "always watered" feature, simply delete "farming.config.patch" from "CLeF - Sandbox" folder.

I'm currently trying to contact Bietol regarding the Novaskin/Novakid+, but there was no response yet. And don't worry, I'll let you know how this will end up. :)

There is a problem with visible tails for Hylotls and revamp of Avians with tail feathers - they do not match the initial style of the game (flat-chested females) and do not provide a choice to enable/disable tails/tail feathers. I can probably slap together another plug-in with them and call it "Character Improvements", but I really prefer for these to be 100% optional. Thanks for (hopefully) understanding my reasons. :)

DiggleDugger likes this.
  9. DiggleDugger

DiggleDugger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was but a suggestion MrChow. I think they add to each races individuality. I wish there were more for the other races actually.

10. IHHanneman

IHHanneman Void-Bound Voyager

I'm encountering an error similar to one already experienced. I get about halfway around a planet, and then just get kicked back to my ship. Attempts to beam to the planet again land me in my ship after that. The fix suggested for the other issue like this was ineffective, possibly because I'm running the 'stable' version. I don't know where to find a generated error report, but I was able to reproduce this error several times, even while running only Common, Common - PG Stable, and Sandbox, with no other mods.

11. MrChow

Yes, I've got reports from others, but without logs I won't be able to find what needs to be fixed. Such errors usually indicate one of the dungeons has broken objects with insufficient or entirely wrong parameters. Please locate your starbound.log file first, it can be found in giraffe_storage directory.

Edit: Just tried several planets and never encountered such error. Also, one of reporters mentioned this bug happened when he attempted to place Old Stone Furnace, but this also wasn't confirmed. Unless you'll provide the .log file, I won't be able to help you. :(

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  12. IHHanneman

Have the most recent one, tested with a new character after a fresh install. Can't post the whole thing, as the site thinks there's URLs in it. Here's what I think is the most pertinent part, hope I'm correct in that assumption:
    Let me know if and how you want the rest, if necessary.

13. MrChow

Ah! Now I see what's going on. This one is from integrated More Critters mod. It seems ThunderBird123 used it to add attack sound to Hummingbird critter and other similar ones... and it also appears to be copied about 6 times... :facepalm:

I'll fix it in a minute. :)

Edit: Done. Please let me know if you still get errors.

14. IHHanneman

That seems to have fixed it, no longer recreateable under same conditions. Many thanks!

RDG-Starbound and MrChow like this.
  15. MrChow

MrChow updated CLeF - Things to do in Starbound with a new update entry:

Nightly fixes, critter updates

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

Some of the MoreCritters biome patch files for FU compatibility seem to have had an extra comma sneak in while being integrated with CLF (typo not present in standalone MoreCritters), causing crashes on startup. { "op" : "add", "path" : "/spawnProfiles/0/extraSpawns/-", "value" : "bluejaycritter" },, in all 16 cases -- game loads fine again after I did a directory-wide find/replace targeting the double comma.

17. MrChow

Thanks. This was probably silently fixed by the mod's maintainer while CLeF got an outdated copy. I don't currently have FU installed, so this slipped. Committed fix just now.

18. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

Got an error loading. Did you upload fix?

19. MrChow

The currently uploaded version is error-free. Could you provide the contents of starbound.log file? If it abruptly ends at "Info: Loading Configuration with config file: 'starbound.config'", you need to delete "starbound.config" in "giraffe_storage" directory.

20. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

Must of got fixed version. I downloaded earlier and got error. Downloaded again and now it works. All good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.