1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CLeF - Things to do in Starbound [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by MrChow, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

My issue was that I couldn't even get iron or sliver, which are needed for the beacon, without a large number of deaths and digging. The bigger issue was the world size since you have to go really far down before you hit the "underground" layer. It was really weird to dig for so long and still be able to teleport back to the ship if I removed the backround. Another fix might be to shink the surface layer on the larger worlds so it doesn't take the same amount of digging to get underground as it would to reach the core on a smaller world.

2. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you for the feedback. :) I'll tweak the subsurface layer height and make sure the basic metals will spawn more frequently (there already was an issue when developers simply removed those materials from the starter worlds, so CLeF's progression got broken).

Too bad old worlds won't be affected by this, so you'll probably want to wipe your universe (once again). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  3. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I can't seem to find the Apex portable pixal printer. I can make all the rest, but not the Apex one. Really annoying since I'm playing as an APex.

EDIT: I'd alos like to point out that the Pioneer set is way to powerful at the point where you unlock it. If you get lucky you can make it before you do the first mission and that means you take 0 damage from anything in that mission. I'd say to move it to the next highest metalworking station at the very least.

4. MrChow

Thanks! I've forgot to add "apex" prefix for "3dprinter" in player.config.patch. Pushed silent fix just now. :)

I didn't get the last question, though. The Pioneer set is already crafted via Metalwork Station. You want me to move it to Sci-Fi Anvil (aka Replicator)?

5. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

Yeah it would be good if it's moved to the Replicator because it seems to outclass anything you can get before that point by quite a bit. I mean I'm pretty sure I took 0 damage from an enemy on something like a Dangerous tier world with that armour. That level of protection is far too much for something you could make so early.

One other thing about the Apex printer, I found you can indeed make it if you upgrade your ship enough to get the Reserch Station. It still doesn't appear in the 3D list, at least it's craftable.

6. MrChow

MrChow updated CLeF - Things to do in Starbound with a new update entry:

Finalizing v58: Bugfixes, more saplings, rewarding treasure chests

Read the rest of this update entry...

KateisLost likes this.
  7. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will installing moresaplings and/or the treasure pool mod stlll have an effect? Or are their features completely absorbed into the Clef?

8. MrChow

Yes, you no longer need both of those if CLeF is installed, because:

1. It will have a negative effect, since More Saplings was integrated entirely and will conflict if you will try to patch the exact same files twice.

2. The Biome Treasure Pool cleanup, on the other hand, will crash the game if you'll try to use it with Nightly (it lacks several treasure pools). Using it with Stable with installed CLeF will work fine, except it will eliminate reimplemented Sandstone treasure pool along with 5% chance to still have common junk spawned in the biome themed chests. :)

9. Zetlin97

know what may fit in? adding recipes for glitch bricks, wallpaper, platforms, etc. Building materials that have to be found.

TempTemp likes this.
  10. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I'd say the best way to do them would be to have them scanable, or you unlock them after you pickup a sample. Just have a low pixal cost to make a stack of them since it would only be used for building cool stuff.

11. MrChow

Making everything scannable is another thing I'd like to add to the mod. But, in order to do so, I need to create 1535 patch files. This would inflate the resulting filesize by around 1.5 Mb and add metric ton of unwanted complexity (I'll probably do it anyway, but there's many other things I'd like to do before that).

DiggleDugger likes this.
  12. DiggleDugger

DiggleDugger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just do it.

13. MrChow

Here we go again...

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. zbychu22

zbychu22 Void-Bound Voyager

crash on PG

Error.jpg

15. Zetlin97

Seems theres some kind of problem with treasure loading- same thing as above happened to me, except with hive chests.

16. MrChow

Thank you! Just pushed the fix. Please re-download the mod. :)

I've accidentally deleted "incomplete" hive treasure pool when synced data between Nightly and Stable versions of patched biome.treasurepool.

17. Zetlin97

update y u no show up

NEVERMIND I AM STUPID IT WORKS NOW PRAISE BE

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  18. MrChow

Crash hotfix for Stable

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1444424245][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just for the record: the updates on the forum have nothing to do with the actual file, because it's updated on GitHub automatically. I.e. you can and will always get the latest working copy. The "stable" unchanging releases are pushed to Nexus (sometimes).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  19. MrChow

20. Zetlin97

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.