RELEASED Cleanup Crew

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

[UPDATE] 03/20/17 - New version 2.0 released! Cleans up more clutter! Now you can clean up the quarry one stone at a time.. Like a man!! ... or a Star-woman. Download here.

[UPDATE] 02/28/17 - Mac version added. User will not have to pay for conditions to apply + everything else mentioned in the last update on the matter. What is fixed: the dog fence clutter will also be removed.

Download it here or below! Note: this is not an update. Mac is incompatible with Advanced Location Loader as of yet.. This will work on other versions as well but if ALL works, you might as well use the latest versions especially if using a number of my other mods.

[UPDATE] 02/06/17 -
    Version 1.55 - The 'make room for compatibility' update. In conjunction with some of my other mods for the full experience. (Check this post for all of these mods and a description of what they all do).

Download Here or below. (or Nexus!)

Mac users:

Also, it's been brought to my attention that this (and all other ALL mods for that matter) are incompatible with Mac versions. There is a .xnb map replacement version that sparked the idea (with the assistance of Entoarox bringing it to my attention at the time to create this mod in the first place and creating the tools to create it) that will not charge the user for clutter removal however, if any of those locations have been previously modded, overwriting those files will reverse the affect of those. You can find the map replacement files in this thread.

[UPDATE] 01/23/17 - New version 1.5 added. Compatibilty & some things I missed previously. Download here or below.

[UPDATE] 01/18/17 -
    New version needs no extra tilesheet because tile fixes (such as the dog fence) are connected to VIP: Visual Improvement Program which isn't required by this mod, but fixes the dog fence amongst other things. I've been working on and this just seemed like the best way possible. I've retired the Saloon note and replaced it with the debris itself. When you walk up to clutter (where ever) and click on it there will be an option to get rid of it all. Note: This version will override the Town.xnb and Forest.xnb as a quick-fix to some underlying problems beyond my control. This should be resolved in future releases.

Download Version 1.3 here. (or from Nexus) - Nexus link not yet updated.

[UPDATE - Version 1.1]
    - Old version was quickly overrun by the new ALL update. This version should fix that. Removed useless lines of code and added some more clutter to remove. Dog fence and shovel at the blacksmith/beside the community center will show pixel errors for the time being.

This mod will clean up the debris, clutter, tree stumps and rocks from many locations around the map.

Requires Advanced Location Loader, Entoarox Framework and SMAPI.

NOT available from stardewmods.com or stardewvalleymods.net

[EDIT] Forgot the link.. Duh....

From Nexus or below.

Thanks to user, @Hillary for the mod idea in the first place!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

That commercial :up::confirm::up:

• Androxilogin

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm a little rusty with video editing these days. It actually took more time to make it than the mod itself. Whole lot of fun all around while watching Cops. lol.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

• oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

It works only with the base game maps? Or it will work with edited versions of the game maps.
          I'm trying to understand a bit how the mod works and if it searches for specific tiles and remove/replace them with preset-ed specific tiles, or uses map coordinates and rewrite specific areas?
          Also, I love the commercial!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It replaces specific tile coordinates.

oldfarmer93 likes this.
            • oldfarmer93

Well, it means I have to edit my maps again and start a new save - I hate that the maps changes only work for new saves and not also on existing ones. Good thing I started a new save today.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Tile changes are not save dependent, and these are done by code, so they should apply even if tile changes normally didnt. :p

Androxilogin likes this.
                • oldfarmer93

Interesting idea to change the maps via coding/Smapi mod, as said by you tile changes will apply independently of the save/normal limitations. *Beginner "moder" reporting in* As far as I tested and learnt, I understood that normal map editing are save dependent. And that's where I draw the line, since my coding experience is limited to my high school classes of primitive c++.

Sorry for this deviation of the topic.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not fully, the way stardew works, maps are embedded with data that tells the game where to spawn certain things, the result of reading that data is part of the save, but everything else can still be edited just fine.
                    Maps in stardew have 5 explicit layers: Back, Buildings, Front, AlwaysFront, Paths.
                    Of these, it is the last, Paths, that contains the spawn blueprint, and it is only editing this layer that requires a new save for the changes to work fully, as changing the blueprint, like in real life, doesnt change what was already created from the blueprint in the past.
                    All other layers can be edited at will, as those are not blueprints but actual building blocks.

oldfarmer93 likes this.
                    • oldfarmer93

Thanks for the insight. Looking back over all the edits made, the path layer is the most edited/altered one, as I wanted to create some easier paths, especially through the forest sice horse riding in that area is tricky and annoying.

• Androxilogin

New version 1.2! And now, as I attempt to explain these changes in the main post.

Attached Files:

• firstfruits

firstfruits Void-Bound Voyager

So this mod gets rid of those annoying little stones in the path?

• Androxilogin

Yes, but I am actively working on fixing this since the latest ALL update once again since, in conjunction with some of my other mods, (notably TreeLife; replaces trees you can't chop down with usable ones, VIP; fixes pixel errors, Expanded Crevices; adds new areas such as a back yard to the Science House & access to Willy's room at the fish shop on the docks along with access to the Summit) causes the game to crash at the moment.

• Saxophone

Saxophone Void-Bound Voyager

So do I need to start from a new save to use this? I started up my file I just started, but didn't get any prompts to fix anything when I approached areas in the screenshots above.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log please.

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

commercial is hilarious :rofl:DD
                                  though the music is so loud I can barely hear!

I love this mod! So glad i found it!

• FlowingSong

FlowingSong Void-Bound Voyager

Hi!
                                    etooo FS just has a question, other than SMAPI, Entoarox Framework and ALL, is there anything else that needs to be running/downloaded in order for this to work?
                                    FS can't seem to get it to work at all :(

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

no, but the current ALL release got somewhat broken by SDV 1.2 and the beta ALL that (hopefully) fixes things is not yet ready for release. :(

• FlowingSong

FlowingSong Void-Bound Voyager

Ara! ento-sama! fs sees, then fs will wait for good news :) but for now fs will probably not be able to use this mod or ALL.
                                        thanking ento-sama for the information