REQUEST Clean Shane's Room (Update)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Saraneth, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

For those of us who've wed Shane, the most painful part is seeing his room in a worse mess than it ever was at Marnie's. The tile mod, "Clean Shane's Room," was a godsend. However, the creator seems to have been absent since its initial creation.

Can anyone confirm this mod is safe for 1.3, or better yet, create an updated or alternate version?
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/575

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Try this mod: Spouse Rooms Redesigned. It's all the spouse rooms, but only it only show's the one you're married to(you'll need Content Patcher if you don't have it already).

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Thanks for letting me know, but I don't think I can do that one. Shane's room is blocked off strangely, and I'd miss the details put in the other mod. Also, I'm married to several folks on several files, and I don't think I could bare to rip out Penny's library and force her into something juvenile.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

There's an option to clean Shane's room in my Content Patcher mod which changes default flooring based on the spouse to make that weird strip of floor between the bedroom and spouse room blend in better. It doesn't have anything like the couch in that other mod, but does neaten things up by removing the footprints and turning the beer cans into books & plants. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2660

EDIT: The mod you linked in the OP should work OK in 1.3 since it's just a map edit of the spouse rooms, but it would be better to put it in a Content Patcher wrapper.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
            Saraneth likes this.
          • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

This'll do, thank you very much. I've run into an issue though... lol

There was no config file already in place before I loaded my first game with it. Shane's room had no strip, but it did have the footprints and beer cans. After closing the game, I found a config file had been written, with variables for Shane's room set to false. I changed each to true and logged in. The footprints and beer cans were gone, but the strip was back. I loaded the game three more times, once with footprints set to true and beer cans to false, vice versa, and another time with both false again. Each time, the strip was still showing. I'm now playing with both set to true (I have no footprints or beer cans) and the strip is showing.

At least Shane's room is clean again!

• MouseyPounds

@Saraneth : Could you load up your save, type patch summary in the SMAPI console, upload the log to https://log.smapi.io/ and then send me the link?

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

• MouseyPounds

Thanks. For some reason Content Patcher is failing in the spouse check. Mind sending me the save?