Modding Help clawglove.activeitem.patch (error)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by davoker, Feb 7, 2019.

1. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

This is very simple, I have done it hundreds of times:

Code:
    [
      {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/rarity",
        "value": "Legendario"
      },
      {
        "path": "/description",
        "value": "No es de adamantium, pero sigue estando chulo."
      },
      {
        "path": "/shortdescription",
        "value": "Guante con garras"
      },
      {
        "path": "/upgradeParameters/shortdescription",
        "value": "Guante con garras ^yellow;^reset;"
      }
    ]
    (Spanish translation item)

This fails, turns the weapon into a pixel generically perfect xD

Code:
      {
        "path": "/rarity",
        "value": "Legendario"
      },
    If I remove the file it works perfectly, I can not modify "Legendary" for "Legendary" basically because it does not work, we fail, I did this many times with my translation, I'm lost right now xD

The error is this:

Code:
    [13:44:56.424] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[clawglove, 1, {}]'. (MapException) Key 'Legendario' not found in Map::get()
    [13:44:58.752] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[clawglove, 1, {}]'. (MapException) Key 'Legendario' not found in Map::get()
    I need to modify something else? I get the impression that "Legendary" I have to modify it in another file, not only in the weapon, there must be another file in which the two must coincide, I do not know.

2. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Fuck me, I think it's in the EXE, just like the phrase "NO AUGMENT INSERTED" in the interface of the U_U backpack

Can not this be passed to a file so as not to modify the EXE? it is not feasible for me, I do not want to touch the EXE for anything xD

3. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

There is no solution for this? Is there no way to edit text exe without going through editing the EXE file of the game? also Steam thinks that the EXE is corrupt if you edit it and remove it xD

4. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

You are correct that the "Legendary" text is localised text, and that you can't change it in the .activeitem because the game's scripts are hard-coded to expect one of "common", "uncommon", "rare", or "legendary" as the values. If you're running on the Spanish build, you can leave that parameter as "legendary" and it should already display Legendario, though, unless something hinky is going on.

It's not quite stored in the executable... strings are contained in Qt Linguist compiled translation files in the /Starbound/[operatingsystem]/translations folder. I've never used it/them so I have no idea how it works, but you're also correct that it's going well beyond modding and into editing of the user's application directly.