1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Classic Grey Alien race Enraged Koala 1.3.1

Grey aliens - now with a twist!

1. Shadewarp

Shadewarp Pangalactic Porcupine

2. Spencer Wolf

Spencer Wolf Tentacle Wrangler

Yes! Yes! You've added the idea I wanted! Wow. Thanks a lot! I can finally main this mod, and kill every other race I see. :) Stay grey. <3

Shadewarp likes this.
  3. Shadewarp

I've added grey information/lore to the overview - any thoughts on it are welcome! :)

SUBJECT TO CHANGE :D

4. StarWeaver

StarWeaver Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi!
    Your update only changed the category of one of the chairs to loungeable, not the actual objecttype. Also there were a few more superfulous interactables and you were overwriting the entire metalworkstation for some reason. Here's my changeset.

Code:
    diff -uNZd --strip-trailing-cr --ignore-file-name-case -r -w update14/objects/generic/metalworkstation/metalworkstation.object fixed/objects/generic/metalworkstation/metalworkstation.object
    --- update14/objects/generic/metalworkstation/metalworkstation.object   2014-01-26 16:34:10.000000000 -0800
    +++ fixed/objects/generic/metalworkstation/metalworkstation.object   2014-02-22 04:41:45.374585400 -0800
    @@ -1,42 +1,7 @@
     {
    -  "objectName" : "metalworkstation",
    -  "rarity" : "Common",
    -  "objectType" : "interactable",
    +   // Please don't wholly overwrite core objects
    +   "__merge" : [],
      "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [
      "spawnergrey"
    -],
    -  "interactAction" : "OpenCraftingInterface",
    -  "interactData" : {
    -  "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/metalworkstation.config",
    -  "filter" : [ "metalworkstation", "anvil", "plain" ]
    -  },
    -  "printable" : false,
    -  "description" : "A station for producing and making use of various metals. Capable of producing steel.",
    -  "shortdescription" : "Metalwork Station",
    -  "race" : "generic",
    -  "category" : "crafting",
    -  "price" : 200,
    -
    -  "apexDescription" : "A crafting table. I can make steel here.",
    -  "avianDescription" : "A crafting table. I can make steel here.",
    -  "floranDescription" : "Floran make sssteel on table.",
    -  "glitchDescription" : "Statement. I can make steel here.",
    -  "humanDescription" : "A crafting table. I can make steel here.",
    -  "hylotlDescription" : "A crafting table. I can make steel here.",
    -
    -  "inventoryIcon" : "metalworkstationicon.png",
    -  "orientations" : [
    -  {
    -  "dualImage" : "metalworkstation.png:<color>.<frame>",
    -
    -  "imagePosition" : [-8, 0],
    -  "frames" : 5,
    -  "animationCycle" : 1.0,
    -
    -  "spaceScan" : 0.1,
    -  "anchors" : [ "bottom" ],
    -  "collision" : "platform"
    -
    -  }
      ]
     }
    diff -uNZd --strip-trailing-cr --ignore-file-name-case -r -w update14/objects/generic/researchstation/researchstation.object fixed/objects/generic/researchstation/researchstation.object
    --- update14/objects/generic/researchstation/researchstation.object   2014-01-26 16:34:20.000000000 -0800
    +++ fixed/objects/generic/researchstation/researchstation.object   2014-02-22 04:43:23.517198800 -0800
    @@ -1,6 +1,5 @@
     {
      "objectName" : "researchstation",
      "category" : "crafting",
      "rarity" : "Common",
      "description" : "A research station, for creating new tech.",
    diff -uNZd --strip-trailing-cr --ignore-file-name-case -r -w update14/objects/grey/greycapturestation/greycapturestation.object fixed/objects/grey/greycapturestation/greycapturestation.object
    --- update14/objects/grey/greycapturestation/greycapturestation.object   2014-02-05 21:58:40.000000000 -0800
    +++ fixed/objects/grey/greycapturestation/greycapturestation.object   2014-02-22 04:43:23.520199000 -0800
    @@ -1,7 +1,6 @@
     {
      "objectName" : "greycapturestation",
      "interactAction" : "OpenCraftingInterface",
      "interactData" : {
      "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/capturestation.config",
    diff -uNZd --strip-trailing-cr --ignore-file-name-case -r -w update14/objects/grey/greynicechair/greynicechair.object fixed/objects/grey/greynicechair/greynicechair.object
    --- update14/objects/grey/greynicechair/greynicechair.object   2014-02-19 09:21:02.000000000 -0800
    +++ fixed/objects/grey/greynicechair/greynicechair.object   2014-02-22 04:43:23.523199100 -0800
    @@ -37,7 +37,7 @@
      }
      ],
    +  "objectType" : "loungeable",
      "interactAction" : "sitdown",
      "sitFlipDirection" : true,
      "sitPosition" : [1, 21]
    diff -uNZd --strip-trailing-cr --ignore-file-name-case -r -w update14/objects/grey/greytechstation/greytechstation.object fixed/objects/grey/greytechstation/greytechstation.object
    --- update14/objects/grey/greytechstation/greytechstation.object   2014-01-26 16:36:16.000000000 -0800
    +++ fixed/objects/grey/greytechstation/greytechstation.object   2014-02-22 04:43:23.526199300 -0800
    @@ -2,7 +2,6 @@
      "objectName" : "greytechstation",
      "interactAction" : "OpenTech3DPrinterDialog",
      "category" : "decorative",
    diff -uNZd --strip-trailing-cr --ignore-file-name-case -r -w update14/objects/grey/greyteleporter/greyteleporter.object fixed/objects/grey/greyteleporter/greyteleporter.object
    --- update14/objects/grey/greyteleporter/greyteleporter.object   2014-01-16 23:12:38.000000000 -0800
    +++ fixed/objects/grey/greyteleporter/greyteleporter.object   2014-02-22 04:43:23.528199400 -0800
    @@ -1,7 +1,6 @@
     {
      "objectName" : "greyteleporter",
      "interactAction" : "OpenTeleportDialog",
      "description" : "Trusty teleporter, what would I do without you?",
      "shortdescription" : "Teleporter",

5. Shadewarp

Yeah, the metalworkstation was left over from waaaaaaaaaaay back - gonna remove that in the next patch :)

I see where I went wrong with the nicechair, gonna fix that - and get the error messages from the other objects to stop (they aren't breaking the items luckily, the game is just saying that they have a wrong objecttype as it's not needed)

Thank you kindly for the bug report! :)

6. Shadewarp

Update on the known Issues (stuff I will get fixed ASAP)
    I'm working on some stuff, so I won't update these errors just yet (nothing really game breaking yet)

• GreyNiceChair isn't working
    • Grey Pyramids are not spawning, this can be resolved by renaming the file "planetgen" to "worldgen" - stupid, I know.
    • Some objects are causing errors, but are functioning as intended.

7. phoenixonfire

phoenixonfire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

8. Shadewarp

Hey all! Last night I became a father for the second time :) a healthy boy, 3,450 grams and 52 cm. I won't be having much time to mod for a bit, so bear with me!

Slug and CaptainKobold like this.
  9. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Now all i need is an American flag tank top and pair of blue sneakers and i can play as Elvis from perfect dark :rofl:
    [​IMG]

awesome mod the multiplayer RP will be priceless !!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Though it will probably be a few more months before any significant updates to this mod (because of your new baby boy... congrats!), I'd really enjoy it if your mod was updated to include some shoutouts to the Asgard from the Stargate series, as they are the "Greys" of that universe.

11. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

I seem to have found a few bugs

this post was 3 earlier posts i deleted and compressed into one just to be tidy

Pharaohs Armor Set::
    seems to use the stats from the scout armor meaning it's supposed to be a upgraded gold armor set but has much less armor and environmental protection than it's gold base.

laser rifles::
    it is supposed to be a laser it seems to use a phantom projectile instead of hit scan resulting in a travel time and slight arc enough to cause major accuracy reduction at range

more of an awkward appearance issue::

so either greys have compress-able skulls or are suffering brain damage when wearing a hat. might want to adjust the offset of vanilla items so they ride on the top of the grey's head rather than replacing it.

12. Wiredwrong

Wiredwrong Astral Cartographer

Anyone know of any multiplayer servers that use greys?

13. Sh4d0w225

Sh4d0w225 Void-Bound Voyager

Alright.. For some odd reason I can not download the mod, for some odd reason when I click 'download now' it sends me to a page called Zachary.dk .. Does anyone have an alternate download link or?

14. Breakout

Breakout Big Damn Hero

I am getting the same thing and don't know of an alternate download site.

15. Shadewarp

I've taken down my site, that is why it says zachary.dk. I'll see if I can get the time to upload it to the starbound mod site. I'm not working on it anymore, but if you can make it work I'll be happy to help.

16. Shadewarp

17. Breakout

Breakout Big Damn Hero

Thanks for doing that Shadewarp! Even though you are longer updating it, I am sure that I will enjoy the content.

18. rpgflea

rpgflea Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if anybody else is getting this, but when I try to run Starbound with this mod, something about the scout mech causes it to crash. Any fixes or solutions? I am new to Starbound mods and put the grey_race folder in the mods folder, under the "giraffe storage" folder. was this the right place for it to go?

19. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

I'm pretty sure that this Mod hasn't been updated to be compatible with "Upbeat Giraffe" yet.

20. rpgflea

rpgflea Void-Bound Voyager

Well, thank you for the speedy reply... I guess since the guy who makes it said he isn't making starbound mods anymore, the chances of that update are starting to look pretty slim, though.