1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Class Systems.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kohjix, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Gimme a bunch of toys and I'll become what best suits me.

2. Frax

Frax Aquatic Astronaut

Jack of all trades, master of none. That's how I roll. Always >:D

3. Xploding_Cherry

Xploding_Cherry Subatomic Cosmonaut

I honestly hope it is not like the class system in Terraria, and revolves more around the same types of gun in a class (like rocket launchers and grenade lauchers is one class, and shotguns and spreadshots are in another).

Now I hope there is a Pyro for a class.

4. Kohjix

Kohjix Star Wrangler

I agree completely. I understand that the freedom to BE what you want is more fun than choosing... It's a lot more flexible.

5. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think this would be best. Not having to worry about if I can equip an item based on my class would be a big break.
    ~ Thank You
    John Devince

6. knarfc

knarfc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know.

7. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

Hard to say. Though for starters I wouldn't really call Terraria's method a "class system." While it gave you certain items that gave you bonuses for playing certain ways, you didn't start out choosing between Warrior, Sorceror, Ranger, or Engineer. Granted, it's not particularly realistic but at the same time it was a good system that rewarded you for playing a certain way yet allowed you to branch out and experiment with other paths or mix and match as you please. The only complaints I had with it was that even the lackluster magic items appeared much later then their melee and ranger counterparts and that the engineer item path is pretty much an afterthought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.