Clan Infinity: Spike's Bizzare Adventure

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning clan. :zzz:

2. Spike

Spike Supernova

Well friends, settle down on your comfy couch, and let me tell you a story, the story of how one little mistake cost me my entire evening. It all started this afternoon, when I paid a visit to my mother's house. I was told that my little brother have a night class that ends at 10PM, and his car just happened to be in the shop. My parents have a meeting with some friends today, and couldn't take him home at that time. Naturally, I gladly took up the task. The clock struck 6, and I was rather peckish, since I usually dine at five thirty in the evening. So, with plenty of time to spare (or so I thought), I drove down the road, about 2.3 miles according to google maps, and landed myself inside my local Mcdonalds. Feeling adventurous, I ordered myself a double pounder, fries, and a 10 piece chicken nugget with habanero sauce. The meal was delightful, so delightful in fact, I decided to eat it in the car, and forgot to pull out my keys from the ignition. The problem arose when I tried to exit the vehicle to dispose of the refuse, and just happened to lock my front door before slamming it shut. Only a moment too late did I realize I had left my keys inside my car, and locked myself out. Fortunately for me, I had a spare key nestled back in my house, which is 2.3 miles away from where I am. The trek back home weren't too bad, if not for the fact that it rained the entire time. I was absolutely soaked and freezing by the time I got home, and then it dawned on me; my parents are out visiting friends, and my little brother is at school. There is no one home, and my set of keys to enter the house are locked away inside my car along with my car keys. So, in order to get the spare car keys to open my car, I would have to open the door to my house, but in order to open the door to my house, I'll have to use the keys that are locked inside my car, and the worst part of it all is that it is still raining. That's when it finally dawned on me that I left my cellphone inside the house because I assumed that the trip to McDonalds would be a short one. With no way of contacting my parents, they will not come home, and the door to my house will remain locked, and I will not get the spare keys to open my car, and I am soaked to the bone this whole entire time. However, this story is not yet over. I went over to the neighbor's house, and asked whether they could help me with my situation. Now, I didn't consider it at the time, but my neighbors don't know me, since I rarely visit home, so essentially, in their eyes, there was a stranger knocking on their door at 8 in the evening trying to go inside the house right next to theirs. They pretty much didn't open the door until I asked if I could use their phone to call (father's name), at which point they had a complete 180, opened the door, and lent me their phone. Fortunately for me still, my neighbor just happened to have my dad's phone number with them. At this point, I managed to call my parents, and they returned home at around 10PM, with my little brother in tow. And so everything is resolved; I got into the house, retrieved the spare car key, my dad drove me to Mcdonalds, we opened the damned door, and I drove my own car back home. Ugh.
    So the moral of the story is: make sure to give your neighbors your phone numbers and contact information in case someone in your house needs to contact you right away; make sure to keep your spare car keys in a safe location, and most importantly, make sure to keep your car keys and house keys separate, and finally, make sure to have your keys with you at all times; this was not a fun experience, but hopefully it made for a good read.

Pancakes, Gredd18, Jimlad 42 and 3 others like this.
  3. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

This is why I beak into my own home when I lock myself out of my car.
    Fortunately my neighbors don't care enough to actually ever call the Police. In the 7 or so years I've lived here I've spoken to the people who live around me (as in those who live on my street, not just next door) about 3 times.

4. donleong94

donleong94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I felt sorry for what happened to you, it must be very horrible experience for you.
    I had also been in this kind of situation, but it was not about the car, it was about me being locked out from the room I rented in a city.
    And that caused me not able to attend my work for that entire day.
    So whenever I am going out to somewhere, I will check my door key and door for multiple times until I feel it is safe for me to go out.

Pancakes, Freddy, Jimlad 42 and 2 others like this.
  5. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Yup, was a good read :D Also damn, kek, that sounds really bad
    At least you called your father tho i'm glad it all turned out okay
    Also how is double quarter pounder?

Pancakes, donleong94 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning clan.

Pancakes and donleong94 like this.
  7. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

nintendo switch stream kinda-Hot-but-really-only-lukewarm Takes here we go

Super Mario Odyssey or The One Where Mario Fell Through A Portal And Landed In Sonic Adventure
    New setting!
    A new game mechanic!
    Pimp Bowser!
    its everything i ever wanted ;-;

Xenoblade Chronicles... 2? Huh?
    but then what was X
    Well, it's Xenoblade which means it'll be fantastic. Hype?

FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS aaaaaaand it's gone.
    Well that was an exciting 50 seconds of no in-game footage at all!
    Also, Fire Emblem Warriors makes a hell of a lot more sense than Hyrule Warriors why didn't they start with that.

ARMS. Just ARMS.
    I mean, I like the title?
    It seems like one of those games that will either be amazing or terrible depending on how good the motion controls are.
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

Splatoon 2! or Why Didn't They Call It Spla2n
    Dodge rolling! Ink rails in Multiplayer! Dual pistols! Ink Roombas! Ink Lasers! Ink rainclouds wait hold on IS THAT AN INK JETPACK.
    WHAT.
    By the way, I'm so happy that Splatoon got the sequel it deserved on a console that actually matters :DD

BOMBERMAN!
    And it actually looks good!
    I'd thought the gritty 2006 reboot had killed the series but apparently not! Yay!

Breath of the Wild.
    Alright, looking interesting so far, lots of nature shots
    oh hey the Koroks are back.
    oh hey some backstory finally.
    Wait a sec did you just acknowledge the Zelda timeline
    Wait. You're voiceacted. Why are you voiceacted.
    Wow this looks epic and vaguely reminiscent of Shadow of the Collosus!
    Look at that character design! And it looks like there are races from multiple games in this one!
    More voice acting!?
    An interesting character that might actually get good character development?!?
    This one is breaking all the Zelda conventions!
    Alright! That was a really good trailer! I'm really excited for this game now!

Pancakes, Britefire, Saal and 4 others like this.
  8. Spike

Spike Supernova

Blegh. I don't honestly want to break a window just because I can't get into my house; it's funny how one little mistake can cause a lot of damage.

EEyup; that's life for ya.

The double quarter pounder is not as great as the chicken nuggets!

But yeah it was good.

Pancakes, donleong94, Freddy and 2 others like this.
  9. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I agree. :DD The funny thing is that I had McDonalds today too, had Big Mac, chicken nuggets and sprite. It was pretty nice

10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Oh, hey, a post linking to everything Switch related I would want to know!
    Gimme a minute.

Mario, looks cool, looks like they're going back a bit toward Mario Sunshine which was fun.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Nothing more needs said. Name alone makes me want it.

Fire Emblem Warriors, I've been having trouble getting any of the Fire Emblem games so I'm not as excited as I should be.

Arms. Umm... Nah.

Splatoon 2. Looks fun, looks very fun- wait, that control for the Super Jumps... nice to know about the game pad.

Bomberman, I don't care about.

Breath of the Wild though... I just realized they took inspiration from Xenoblade. Placed after Windwaker, interesting.

Well, now I know I'm not getting a Switch for awhile.
    They'll sell out in seconds for years! There are some REALLY good games on here!

11. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

12. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

Its actually just climbing through a window in the back, though its a tiny window and its high up on the wall.
    Another idea would be to hide a house key in the backyard.

13. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

[​IMG]

This pleases me.

Pancakes, Britefire, Saal and 4 others like this.
  14. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

15. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning clan. :zzz:

16. Spike

Spike Supernova

This is what playing Yokai watch feels like.

Spike Yokai Watch Jimlad.png

17. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I've just seen this on Steam
    tekken 7.png

I had no idea it was coming to PC, awesome news :rofl: It includes Akuma too
    I can't wait
    tumblr_ng3jfz2uQH1sh2sn1o1_500.gif

Pancakes, Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  18. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

@Spike part 6 spoiler
    Now that's some ora
    b45v5j4.png

19. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

:rofl:
    But I'd play the Zelda and Xeno... :')

20. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Anyone here used DSfix while playing Dark Souls 1..?
    It's malfunctioning on my laptop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.