Clan Infinity: MS Paint is all you need.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Supernova

Nirnang Cling.

2. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, the port has some weird issues like huge FPS drops after the prologue for AMD cards (There is a community fix, but apparently it disables achievements) and a weird double-video glitch in some cutscenes on non-standard resolutions.
    I can't say much about KB+M controls since I played with a controller almost exclusively (except for the Angel Attack minigame which becomes a joke with mouse aiming).

donleong94 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Ninginagnf Spak.
    Nirning clan ∞.

donleong94 likes this.
  4. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Ni haoing Spike

Freddy, Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  5. donleong94

donleong94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fixed

Saal, Freddy, Jimlad 42 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Yes :DD Awesome

Freddy, Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  7. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Ń͕͙͒̐̉̈̏̆i̽ͭ̓̀ͥ͆̀͏̜̫̫͈͝r̛̹͇̟̖̦̎̃ͣͩ͊̎ǹ͊͊͑̌͞҉̭̠̼̪͈̯̳̬i̧̦̭̯̞͚͍̟̿͋̃͢ṋ͍͇̱͈̱̮͓ͪ̋ͯg̛͙̖̣ͨ̑ͩ̔͢͜ ̟͖̜̅̓ͫ̋ͯ́D̛͚̼̭̫͍̥̼̖̏ͪ͋ȯ̡̦̠͎͎̩̈ͦ́̋ṋ͇̣̀l̪͖͍̻̱̦͚̔̽ͤ͊ͧͣ͢e̶͓͎̬̔͐͠o̘̲͕̤͈̹̮ͣ̓̂̎̑̈ͤn̸̘͕̘̟̮̲͙̟͖ͮͧ͌̚͢g̛͎̦̯ͬͩ͟9̋̒̊ͪ̀̚͏̼͔̣̱͜4̡̲̘͓̍̉̊̅͊̏͐̆̀͘

Saal, donleong94 and Freddy like this.
  8. Spike

Spike Supernova

9. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

You said something akin to Nirning. That gets you quotes in this place.

donleong94 and Freddy like this.
  10. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

Surprisingly I cut it pretty close with this achievement (2h50m) compared to Hollow Knight's 5-hour achievement (4h30m)! Probably because it had been a while since I last played Ori; I had some trouble in the final areas, and I barely remembered Mount Horu at all.
    I also realized that trying to get the One-Life achievement probably isn't a very enjoyable or rewarding use of my time. There are a lot of instadeath-obstacles and sequences, and you get punished very harshly for most mistakes.
    Which doesn't mean that Ori is badly designed! But It is designed around its Save Anywhere and Quick Respawn mechanics, and trying to beat the game without being able to rely on those mechanics would be an extremely frustrating experience. I died over 50 times on my Supersonic run, and that was on Easy mode!
    Hollow Knight's Steel Soul mode seems much more viable because there is literally no instadeath in the game and every time I died on my normal run I felt like it was entirely my fault. Also the combat in Hollow Knight is complex enough that beating the bosses in one try feels really satisfying!

By the way, Ori is on sale for a tenner right now!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  11. Spike

Spike Supernova

So real nirning gets no quotes, but imitation nirns gets the ladies.

Why.

[​IMG]

donleong94, Freddy, Argthrond and 2 others like this.
  12. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Ask @Britefire He's done the research, he's done the science.

Britefire, donleong94 and Freddy like this.
  13. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

14. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

Every time a new Terraria update releases I remember that I still haven't beaten the Moon Lord, load up my old save and feel completely lost for a few minutes because I have no idea what I was doing the last time I played before closing the game again.
    Maybe I should just start a new save when I have more free time.

15. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I keep getting several mods for it, starting it up, and realizing that I don't want to once again go through the basics of making a base of operations, mining, and all that stuff.

16. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

I actually really enjoy that part of the game, but I always end up hating how my base looks in the endgame because i just kept adding rooms and expanding as necessary and it became a massive eldrich abomination of a structure. Then I try to rebuild it, give up halfway through and end up with something even worse-looking.

17. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

i would offer to join you, but i'm not allowed to play Terraia anymore.

Saal, donleong94, Solum and 1 other person like this.
  18. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

...Wait, what?
    How did that happen?

donleong94, Freddy and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

After last time, when he was on for about 240 hours straight, we are not letting him kill himself like that again.

20. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

...Ah.
    Okay, yeah, that's a pretty good reason :wut:
    Still, a co-op partner would be pretty neat. Saal and I played together for a while, but IIRC my PC went into a coma and I lost my character, and there wasn't much point to continuing after that...

Saal, donleong94, Freddy and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.