Clan Infinity: MS Paint is all you need.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

2. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

it's a stick of hyper preserved low quality meat that probably isn't entirely meat.

Britefire, Saal, RedScarWolf and 4 others like this.
  3. Spike

Spike Supernova

You'd be lucky if its 50% meat, and every time I eat one, for some reason, I get those itches on my skin.
    I stopped eating them.

4. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

You're a stick of hyper-preserved low-quality meat.

Saal, RedScarWolf, donleong94 and 2 others like this.
  5. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

They also don't really taste like meat.

6. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

So some sort of mass produced not meat like meat thing?
    I have a better idea of it now actually, thank you guys :rofl:

Jimlad 42, Luna, Freddy and 2 others like this.
  7. Spike

Spike Supernova

Clan Infinity Argthrond Slim Jim Incident.png

RedScarWolf, Luna, Argthrond and 3 others like this.
  8. Fluffy Arsonist

9. Spike

Spike Supernova

This was featured in Today's pewdiepie video. He has become one of my favorite youtubers, unironically.

Clan Infinity Spek Fluffy Loss Meme.png

RedScarWolf, Britefire, Luna and 4 others like this.
  10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I have many complaints.
    First: where is the semicolon? It's Steins;Gate, not... that thing.
    2. I don't speak with a tilde. At least not about Steins;Gate.
    C, I definitely don't speak with a Hurrr about Stein's Gate, I speak in a daze as I either try not to cry as I have flashbacks to another world line or I speak hesitantly as I work out exactly what's going on as I'm talking. Or I speak awkwardly around a can of Dk. Pepper~
    Four; I would clearly say "Tu tu ru!" at the end!

Nirning Clan ∞. :zzz:
    (El Psy Kongroo.)

RedScarWolf, Freddy and donleong94 like this.
  11. Spike

Spike Supernova

I'm pretty sure in at least one of the times lines you will be in Stein's ; Gate and you will have a relationship with the fat one.
    ....Tuturu.

El Psy is a Kangaroo.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  12. Fluffy Arsonist

13. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Loss is hilarious :rofl:

14. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I guess when you bite one, your face becomes pic related ^

[​IMG]

15. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning Clan ∞. How are you all?

16. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

I'm in a discussion with some game dev folk at the moment about narrative and when and how to execute major character deaths and I was wondering:
    Is there a character death that particularly stuck out to or impacted you guys?
    Feel free to relentlessly spoil if necessary, but remember to put it in a

17. Spike

Spike Supernova

Supleted Arc 2 Battle of Dimensions Page 66 Captain McManFace's Final Sacrifice.png

Okay okay this is a joke, here's me real one.

Corazon (Rosinante) is Don Quixote Doflamingo's brother. Their family are world nobles, living in Mary Joe's Pub high atop the red line. They could have lived a life of luxury, but their father decided to descend into the world of commoners, in order to convince the rest of the nobles to live in harmony with everyone else. He had grossly underestimated how people sees the world nobles, and how the world nobles sees him moving among the commoners.
    [​IMG]

However, the world nobles have made many enemies in the past, and enslaved a lot of people. After his descent into the world below, the world nobles ostracized him, revoking his world noble title. The people below caught wind of this, and decided to torture and kill them because they are world nobles.
    [​IMG]

When their entire family were about to be killed, Doflamingo, Corazon's brother, awakened his hidden power, and managed to knock everyone out. But Doflamingo has always wanted the life of Royalty, and his father ruined it for him by moving down to the world below. Doflamingo thought to kill his father, and take his head back to Mary Joe's pub to regain his title again. Corazon watched as his brother killed his father.

[​IMG]

Doflamingo never made it back to become one of the world nobles; once you are not a noble, you will remain that way. Years passed, and Doflamingo started his own crime gang filled with broken people like him. Each one of them have a very sad upbringing, and each of them followed Doflamingo with unnatural loyalty, except for Corazon, who saw Doflamingo's cruelty first-hand.

[​IMG]

In comes Trafalgar law, who was a child in a mining town, afflicted with a fatal mining-related disease that will kill him before his next birthday. Corazon took a liking to the child, and the two of them formed a team that will try and stop Doflamingo and his nefarious schemes.
    [​IMG]

At this time, Doflamingo was after two things: the Ope Ope No Mi (A special fruit that will grant the user of performing surgeries that will grant anyone immortality and ultimate power if used inside of Mary Joe's Pub), and taking over an entire country. Corazon was tasked with
    Retrieving the fruit, while a secret agent, Vergo, infiltrated the marines to make sure no one caught wind of Doflamingo's attempted coup of an entire nation. Corazon retrieved the fruit only to realize that Trafalgar law is dying from his disease, and so, without hesitation, he fed the Ope Ope no mi to him.

[​IMG]

The fruit gave Law the special ability to perform incredible surgeries, and it is with that power that he was able to save himself. Corazon now works to thwart Doflamingo's second plan; the coup of a nation. Unbeknowest to Doflamingo, Corazon is a secret plant for the mariens. Corazon defected to the marines in order to stop his brother, and that is what he wanted to do. Corazon was heavily injured from retrieving the fruit, so it falls on Trafalgar law to inform the marines about Doflamingo's plan. However, Trafalgar law managed to speak with the one person he was not supposed to: Vergo, the "marine" who is actually a spy for the Doflamingo family.

upload_2018-6-23_8-56-32.png

As expected, Vergo told Doflamingo about Corazon's trachery, and he severely injured Corazon. Doflamingo wanted to mitigate this disaster, and so, he erected his infamous "Birdcage", where everyone caught inside of his cage will be sliced to bits. Nothing can get in or out of the bird cage without Doflamingo's permission, so, in order to save Law's life, Corazon thought of a brilliant plan, and hid Law inside of one of the treasure boxes, so Doflamingo will take it out with him. (Continued in the next post)
    upload_2018-6-23_9-0-37.png

18. Spike

Spike Supernova

Before he died, Corazon fave Law one final smile, and infamous smile that means a lot more than it looks.
    [​IMG]
    And, as expected, the Kingdom of Dressrosa was fooled into following Doflamingo, as Doflamingo manipulated the king into infamy.

[​IMG]

Using one of his family member's pwoers, Doflamingo was able to transform any who spoke out against Doflamingo into dolls that can only obey Doflamingo's orders. The rest of Dressrosa didn't even knew of this trechery, as anyone turned into a toy soldier will no longer be remembers by anyone else.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Years after Corazon died, Law managed to track down Vergo in Punk Hazard, and defeated him in a pretty gruesome way.
    [​IMG]

And, as expected, Luffy beat Doflamingo, even thought he had nearly no attachment to this story, but hey, our main character has to fight the main bad guy right? Right? Riiiiiight?

[​IMG]

However, what's so amazing about this story is that Law managed to talk to Sengoku, the fleet Admiral who hired Corazon as a spy at the time. HE saw Corazon (Rosinante) as his son, and was devastated when he died.
    [​IMG]
    Law wanted to ask Sengoku about Rosinante, why he risked his life to save him from death, twice. And that's when Sengoku made his statement:

[​IMG]

The anime version actually made a much better translation for this scene:
    [​IMG]

Overall, the Dressrosa Arc was panned for its slow plot progressions, and lots of fillers, but even at its worst, one piece proved to be an excellent read. I had thoroughly enjoyed the relationship between law and Corazon. It is one of those stories that will stay with me for some time, at the very least.

19. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

And I had just forgot about Corazon and their father. Damn :cry:

20. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Hmm, let's see...
    Kind of the entire thing, really. Each one gone was a bit impactful. Both the characters that you saw all the work gone through to help them, and the ones who left off screen, once you realized nearly everyone was gone it just kind of hit you hard.

The sudden impact of Myushii's death, followed by the repeated attempts to fix it, eventually finding the solution was to lose Makise, the surprise as several people around him turn against him, the whole situation kind of counts I figure. (And take my summary with a grain of salt, I watched it a year or two ago. But it was pretty impactful.)

An ending of denying survival to be with Unknown was pretty impactful for me.

I expect everyone knows which two deaths you can talk about here. Maes Hughes and Nina Tucker.
    Hughes' death I think was impactful because they showed how it effected everyone else well, they showed off his skills very well before he died, and he struggled so hard before he died. He did everything in his power, but he still died.
    Nina's death was impactful because it was sudden, they spent almost half the episode making you love her, and then gave you some trace of hope that Ed could save her, only for it to be cut short by Scar; while you might agree with Scar's choice, you still have this thought of "could she have been saved?"

Where. Do I. Begin?
    Let's start early, Kiritsugu killing his mentor was pretty powerful. You spend an episode learning where he comes from, you spend an episode seeing how his mentor raised him, and then at the end of it you see him giving her hopes as he prepares to kill her. He views it as a mercy, she holds no remorse or hatred.
    Lancer and his master: The master's sudden death after being driven out of the war, although honestly that's more characterizing Kiritsugu than anything about his death in particular. Lancer's death is a facet of that, but deserves to be listed here. I think the impact there is from the fact that he was in the middle of a fight, they were in an honorable duel, they had been building up this fight for so long, and it was suddenly cut short by his death.
    Rider's death was pretty impacting. He knew he was doomed to fail, but still he fought for his friend, the send off was the big impact there.

This one is actually short, since I really only think of one death as impactful. Lancer's. His death is actually fitting for his mythology, which is also cool. He was forced to kill himself, resisted death for awhile, killed his master for that order, saved someone everyone liked, beat up the kid everyone hates, set the entire building on fire, and died a hero. He might have been forced to die without any warning, but that didn't stop him from dying on his own terms. (In mythology, he died fighting an army, tied himself to a rock so he could die standing, the army stopped and waited for him to move, after a day they figured he was dead, walked over, poked him with a stick, and he killed them. So... they waited a bit longer.)

I give up, I surrender, there were a lot here. Atalanta's and Achilles's deaths, Fran's death, Sieg, there was a lot of death there, okay? I feel like all of it was well done, so that would be worth looking at.

This one is actually a really good one, the death of Alice was impacting, as you discover she was just a little girl who wanted a friend, and you have to end her in order to survive when you don't even know why you want to survive, why you want the Grail.
    The death of Dan Blackmore was good as he battled for an honorable duel. He saw you could grow, and wasn't bitter about his own end since he saw he couldn't grow any further, so he helped you to grow to your potential.
    And the death of your character, after battling for so long, for survival, to learn who you are, after finally discovering what you fight for and finding a reason to live, you are stuck with no choice, no hope. You got the grail, you won the war, you killed so many to survive, but if you try to use the grail you'll die. With your final action, you use it to show Rin where to find the original you.

Tell-tale games might be a good thing to look at, specifically thinking about The Walking Dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.