Clan Infinity: MS Paint is all you need.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

Bastard even winks. Link to post since the browser refuses to show the video on my end. (http://imgur.com/gallery/HkTrJ)

Also, I read 2 Spice and Wolf books and ended up just buying the rest of the series. While I really like the entire series, book 3 (and the episodes that covered it) still frustrate me. So much worry and hassle that could've easily been avoided.
    I'll even read while playing video games. Waiting for 40 second respawn timer? Read. Finished my turn in record time but my teammate in Civ has to set production for a dozen cities (civ 4)? Read.

2. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

HEAVENSU DOORU
    That's a very cute doge :DD
    Also how's Spice and Wolf? I was planning to watch its anime soon

RedScarWolf, Saal, Jimlad 42 and 2 others like this.
  3. Freddy

I like it. Theres an interesting dynamic between the main characters and theres a bit of thought behind what they do. Lotta people say its great for learning economics but really the most complicated they've done as of yet in book 4 is selling on margin and buying on credit. Also, I seem to like shows with elements of romance a lot more than those entirely without. *shrug*

4. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning Clan ∞.

Freddy and donleong94 like this.
  5. Shiriaru Kita

Shiriaru Kita Cosmic Narwhal

They had them all on sale on IndieGala...

screenshot.6148.jpg

SirSonic, RedScarWolf, Freddy and 5 others like this.
  6. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Pierogi
    (translator note: I arrived :^))

7. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

The whole of Book 3 is really about how Lawrence and Holo communicate, or rather, the lack of how they communicate, I feel.
    So much of the time they speak through not enough words, or actions or something. And, as they're both playful/theatrical people, they'll purposefully misinterpret signals. Normally, this isn't too much of a problem other than drawing out friendly drama. But, at this point they still don't know each other well enough to honestly do this without mistakes, and they both have some trouble swallowing their pride. So, it's far to easy for one of them to cross a line they didn't even realise existed. If you re-read once you finish the series, you'll realise this actually starts to happen less as the series goes on, or at least it's much less of an issue as they're getting to know each other better.

It's a subtle thing, but it's one of the biggest reasons why the series is such a good one. The Characters are Human, and they feel Genuine.
    Watch it.
    Read it.
    It's goddamn amazing.
    I'm still having trouble with understanding selling on margin and buying on credit. (book 2, right?) Every time I think it through, It just feels like the math casually drops numbers so someone is making a loss. I'm sure no-one is, but It's still confusing for me.
    That said, the Economics point is still really well done. The Author takes simple transactions and makes them into action scenes. It's clear he has a passion for this stuff, and I'm honestly happy he's managed to turn that and his skill as a writer into a book series.

8. Spike

Spike Supernova

In where has you arrives?

9. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

The world

10. Spike

Spike Supernova

GOOD ANSWER!

11. Spike

Spike Supernova

Spek's past revealed. It all began with Supertt007, and his lust for likes and thumbs led him to this point in time. Two clans, now interwoven with one another, linked by a madman and his quest for thumbs up.

It all began with @Supertt007.

12. Freddy

I'm aware that it was an issue of pride and communication. The entire situation is fairly believable which is what makes it so frustrating. Imagine if you've just discovered that the last major issue you faced was actually nothing but a misunderstanding on your part. Its not the book's fault I don't like it. As for them understanding each other, even by book 5 they've made a lot of progress.

Buying on credit allows you to make a profit normally out of reach due to your capital. Lets say you have 100 dollars and wish to buy 300 dollars of something to sell elsewhere for 400. You could just buy the 100s worth and sell for 130ish but maybe that profit wouldn't be worth your time traveling and such. With credit you'd simply write an IOU, take the something and sell it to pay off your debt on the IOU and make a profit. Of course issues arise when your IOU turns out to be worth more than your something like what Lawrence faced.
    Selling on margin is like shortselling. Basically you ask someone to loan you something worth 300 dollars which you sell while its still valuable. This is done when you know the price of something is about to drop as you still owe the something (stocks are a prime example irl). When the time comes to repay the debt you buy up an equal amount of the something that was loaned to you. If that amount now costs only 125 then the leftover cash is your profit. This makes even depreciating goods valuable to certain people. Just hope the price doesn't increase instead. Then you'd make a loss as you'd spend more to return that amount of something.
    Both of these add an element of debt to the transaction, whether in cash or goods, which adds risk as now if your plan falls flat there will be someone collecting collateral instead of just losing invested assets.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  13. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

fdsafdsaf.png
    That was a nice lore :ok_hand:

SirSonic, Freddy, RedScarWolf and 3 others like this.
  14. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning Clan ∞.

Freddy and donleong94 like this.
  15. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Nirning Jimlad

Freddy, donleong94 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  16. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Good Nirning Arg.
    How are you tonirn?

17. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Pretty good actually, thanks :DD
    I've finished reading a book yesterday and gonna start a nice one today
    How about you?

18. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Good. Internet's been stable so far today, played some more Fire Emblem, and been watching some youtube videos. I'm about to head off to visit my sister to go off on an adventure. (What exactly that'll be we'll see. I expect that I'll catch many Pokemon though. Sadly, I do not expect that this is a good chance to wear my Mistcloak.)

What books?

19. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

6214617+_2c7955c035c75176ae2c1363c006fe11.jpg
    Noice, good luck on that adventure, I'm also planning to get Pokemon GO
    Also they're in my native language and mostly about fiction/history :p It's good for passing time since I have lots atm

20. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.