Clan Infinity: Legend of the Spiked Kebab, and its search for Cheerios

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

What book is that?

I want it.

donleong94 likes this.
  2. Spike

Spike Supernova

It's called the crucible. I wasn't referring to the clothes btw; I was just saying that anything out of line with what people perceive those days might earn you a witch trial.

donleong94, Jimlad 42 and Blackleaf like this.
  3. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Huh?

I didn't mention the clothes.... I mentioned the book...

donleong94 likes this.
  4. Spike

Spike Supernova

It was a reference to the crucible. It's a play.

donleong94 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  5. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Huh.

[​IMG]

donleong94 and Freddy like this.
  6. Curtis6566

Curtis6566 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, man, I just found this book and it's awesome. I just spent the last hour reading it. It's called Orconomics: A Satire, and is set in a fantasy world where adventure is a business, with contracts, stocks and shares on loot from monster's dens (sometimes even before those monsters are killed). A large presence in the Heroes Guild, which employees mages and warriors to go get the loot (after the contract has been made, of course). One of the shares of this one set of loot went to Goldson Baggs High Risk Adventuring Fund. It's so wonderful (and btw, it's a story about characters, as in, an actual fantasy novel with plot). The author is amazing, and I like the story and characters so far. I hear a halfling portfolio manager joins the team eventually.
    Link:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=jzacharypikec-20&linkId=SFZY2LLXC6UDF5WL

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    donleong94, Gredd18 and Freddy like this.
  7. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

That does sound pretty great. I'll have to take a look at that.

Also, I'm off to my grandparent's house to help with thanksgiving prep.
    Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!

donleong94, Curtis6566 and Gredd18 like this.
  8. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

I have no idea what thanksgiving is as I'm english, all I know is didn't you like, kill the Native after Thanksgiving or something? Like, "Oh Thanks guys, Have some buckshot for dessert"

Freddy and donleong94 like this.
  9. Curtis6566

Curtis6566 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, I added a link with a free 3 chapter sample. Honestly this guy could use all the press he can get; he's self-publishing. He has a lot of MMO terms and such used in lore appropriate ways too. Such as grinding, points, and others. He is advertising in the right places though, as I found it while reading a fantasy comic.

It's to celebrate the kindness that was shown to the Plymouth Pilgrims by the Native Americans, which saved many of the Pilgrim's lives. Of course, since its creation, it is just a day of feasting and the giving of thanks in general, my previous statement is the lore behind it.

Freddy and donleong94 like this.
  10. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

11. Spike

Spike Supernova

Yeah I've never heard it either, until my professor made us read it. I'm glad to learn that the play is based in real life and that

That one particularly evil girl who cried "devil" and got people killed later became a prostitute.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1417047464][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG][DOUBLEPOST=1417047596][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]

12. Gredd18

Or, Alternatively, not have the specs to play Inquisition even though you really want to romance the fuck out of that sexy cute-as-hell Sera.
    I still need to finish DA:O first, anyway. And DA:2.

Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  13. Fluffy Arsonist

or, more likely, don't buy it because fuck EA.

Freddy and Jimlad 42 like this.
  14. HerpzDerpzies

HerpzDerpzies Void-Bound Voyager

agreed!

PIRATES EVERYWHERE!!!

15. Gredd18

Yeah. Fuck EA. Bioware made that game, not EA. IMO, It looks like one of the best RPGs out there, and The fact that EA are dicks doesn't really change that. I think they learnt that Bioware will stuff their pockets better if they let them make a good series of games, not rush shit out like DA:2 was.
    Plus Ubisoft are the dudes we're hitting on right now, not EA. We kinda gave EA the "Don't fuck up" look and started hitting Ubisoft for Unity.

16. Fluffy Arsonist

i refuse to touch anything that wants to force me onto origin. mostly because they let someone in russia onto my account and buy a few grand worth of stuff using my money, refused to return it, then let it happen again a few weeks later because apparently they didn't close the account after i told them to. i had to take legal action both times to get my money back. and after closing the account, they're STILL sending email advertisements at me.

17. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

Damn, I knew EA was shit, but.. :wut:

18. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Agreed...

donleong94 likes this.
  19. Gredd18

Well that sucks major balls. Damn, still, try unsubscribing from their emailing list? If they keep doing it after that, I'm pretty sure you can take legal action against them.

20. Fluffy Arsonist

now, ya see, i CAN'T unsubscribe from the mailing list because my account doesn't exist anymore, and i never asked for emails to begin with, so i should never have been on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.